Debates Forum

Debates Forum

  1. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    10087
    18 May '18 14:30
    Letter to My Boss,


    I have enjoyed working here these past several years. You have paid me very well, given me benefits beyond belief. I have 3-4 months off per year and a pension plan that will pay my salary till the day I die and a health plan that most people can only dream about.


    Despite this I plan to take the next 12-18 months to find a new position.


    During this time I will show up for work when it is convenient. In addition I fully expect to draw my full salary and all the other perks associated with my current job.


    Oh yes, if my search for this new job proves fruitless, I will be back with no loss in pay or status. Before you say anything,

    remember that you have no choice in the matter. I can and will do this.



    Sincerely,


    Every Senator or Congressman running for re-election
  2. Standard memberwolfgang59
    Mr. Wolf
    at home
    Joined
    09 Jun '07
    Moves
    45641
    19 May '18 07:36
    Originally posted by @whodey
    Letter to My Boss,
    ... if you had a boss.
  3. Behind the scenes
    Joined
    27 Jun '16
    Moves
    1391
    19 May '18 09:44
    Originally posted by @whodey
    Letter to My Boss,


    I have enjoyed working here these past several years. You have paid me very well, given me benefits beyond belief. I have 3-4 months off per year and a pension plan that will pay my salary till the day I die and a health plan that most people can only dream about.


    Despite this I plan to take the next 12-18 months to find a new ...[text shortened]... and will do this.



    Sincerely,


    Every Senator or Congressman running for re-election
    It's been this way for a very long time whodey, so what's new??
  4. SubscriberWajoma
    Die Cheeseburger
    Provocation
    Joined
    01 Sep '04
    Moves
    65514
    19 May '18 12:012 edits
    Originally posted by @wolfgang59
    ... if you had a boss.
    It was satire, not deep, but even then it went over your head.

    The 'boss' in this case is the taxpayer, to be clear, people who on nett pay tax. If whodey on nett has paid tax throughout his life then he is the boss. In the spirit of the 'letter' I know I'm one too.

    Those excluded are people sucking on the state tit. Ticks, fleas and other parasites.
  5. SubscriberWOLFE63
    Tra il dire e il far
    C'e di mezzo il mar!
    Joined
    06 Nov '15
    Moves
    22069
    19 May '18 12:55
    Originally posted by @wajoma
    It was satire, not deep, but even then it went over your head.

    The 'boss' in this case is the taxpayer, to be clear, people who on nett pay tax. If whodey on nett has paid tax throughout his life then he is the boss. In the spirit of the 'letter' I know I'm one too.

    Those excluded are people sucking on the state tit. Ticks, fleas and other parasites.
    Oh...thank you so much Wajoma. That cleverness just went straight over my head.
  6. Standard memberwolfgang59
    Mr. Wolf
    at home
    Joined
    09 Jun '07
    Moves
    45641
    20 May '18 03:45
    Originally posted by @wajoma
    It was satire, not deep, but even then it went over your head.

    .
    ... the irony ...

    🙄
  7. SubscriberWajoma
    Die Cheeseburger
    Provocation
    Joined
    01 Sep '04
    Moves
    65514
    20 May '18 03:50
    Originally posted by @wolfe63
    Oh...thank you so much Wajoma. That cleverness just went straight over my head.
    No problem Wolfe, your dumb act is more of an act than wolfgangs (I did use the 'reply and quote' function so there could be no doubt whose post was being addressed), his is more of a terminal condition.
  8. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    10087
    21 May '18 14:43
    Originally posted by @wolfgang59
    ... the irony ...

    🙄
    No, satire, not irony.

    Geesh, how stupid can you get? 😲
  9. Standard memberwolfgang59
    Mr. Wolf
    at home
    Joined
    09 Jun '07
    Moves
    45641
    21 May '18 19:31
    Originally posted by @whodey
    No, satire, not irony.

    Geesh, how stupid can you get? 😲
    Your opening post was satirical, the post I was replying to was ironic.

    How stupid can you get?
  10. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    10087
    21 May '18 19:40
    Originally posted by @wolfgang59
    Your opening post was satirical, the post I was replying to was ironic.

    How stupid can [b]you
    get?[/b]
    Again, I was being satirical, how stupid can YOU get? 😛
Back to Top