1. Standard memberbill718
    Enigma
    Seattle
    Moves
    22 Mar '11 19:131 edit
    President Obama's decision to use military force in Libya may be done with honorable intentions, but this is a no win situation.

1. The Right wing will frame this response as "too little, too late"

2. Liberals will argue that America's military is stretched too thin as it is, and many will not back this idea.

3. The American taxpayer will wonder out loud why Obama is spending American tax dollars on Libya, while America is running record deficits.

I don't see any upside to this action. It may indeed be done with the idea of aiding the Libyan people, but I'm not convinced America needs to be involved. 😕
  2. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    22 Mar '11 19:31
    This is especially true when he is doing it while on yet another vacation.
  3. Standard memberAThousandYoung
    Shoot the Squatters?
    tinyurl.com/43m7k8bw
    Moves
    22 Mar '11 20:05
    Originally posted by Eladar
    This is especially true when he is doing it while on yet another vacation.
    Are you calling Obama's diplomatic travelling through Latin America a "vacation"?
  4. Standard memberno1marauder
    Naturally Right
    Somewhere Else
    Moves
    22 Mar '11 21:29
    Originally posted by bill718
    President Obama's decision to use military force in Libya may be done with honorable intentions, but this is a no win situation.

1. The Right wing will frame this response as "too little, too late"

2. Liberals will argue that America's military is stretched too thin as it is, and many will not back this idea.

3. The American taxpayer will wonder out ...[text shortened]... e idea of aiding the Libyan people, but I'm not convinced America needs to be involved. 😕
    If this thing stalemates, he may very well have imperiled what looked like a fairly certain re-election.
  5. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    22 Mar '11 21:31
    Originally posted by AThousandYoung
    Are you calling Obama's diplomatic travelling through Latin America a "vacation"?
    When you take your wife, kids and evidently mother in law, then it is a vacation. Family spring break!
  6. Standard memberno1marauder
    Naturally Right
    Somewhere Else
    Moves
    22 Mar '11 21:32
    When you take your wife, kids and evidently mother in law, then it is a vacation. Family spring break!
    New rules that apply only to Democratic Presidents I guess.
  7. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    22 Mar '11 21:48
    Originally posted by no1marauder
    New rules that apply only to Democratic Presidents I guess.
    No, the same rule applies to every President in my book. It is about time politicians stopped irresponsible spending. If the President wants to bring the family, then pay for it out of his pocket. I mean the full cost.
  8. Standard memberAThousandYoung
    Shoot the Squatters?
    tinyurl.com/43m7k8bw
    Moves
    23 Mar '11 00:42
    No, the same rule applies to every President in my book. It is about time politicians stopped irresponsible spending. If the President wants to bring the family, then pay for it out of his pocket. I mean the full cost.
    OK. Not quite the same as Bush's vacations on his ranch in Texas watchin' Barney chase the armadillas, then.
  9. Burnsville, NC, USA
    Moves
    23 Mar '11 01:07
    So are you saying that Presidents should only meet with other heads of state if they come here?
  10. Joined
    07 Dec '05
    Moves
    23 Mar '11 02:28
    Why is nobody asking why the rebels are being considered civilians?

How can this be bad for Obama when the truth is so elusive?

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree