1. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    13 Apr '13 12:551 edit
    http://www.theatlantic.com/national/archive/2013/04/why-dr-kermit-gosnells-trial-should-be-front-page-story/274944/

Has anyone heard of Dr., and I use this terms loosely, Kermit Gosnell? No? Shocking!!

Dr. Gosnell ran an abortion clinic in the inner city in Pennsylvania. Essentially, he would take poor women who were minorities and give them subpar medical treatement that usually landed them a venereal disease, a ruptured uterus, or death itself. In addition, he routinely killed viable babies at his clinic, with a grizzly trail of evidences all around the clinic. However, white women seemed to fair much better under Dr. Gosnells treatment.

The first line of defense for these poor minority women was the Pennsylvania Department of Health. The departments job was to audit hospitals and outpatient medical facilities like Gosnells, to make sure they follow the rules and provide safe care. The Department had contact with the Woman's Medical Society dating back to 1979, when it first issued approval to open an abortion clinic. It did not conduct another site review until 1989, ten years later. Numerous violations were already apparent but Gosnell got a pass because he promised to "fix" them. Site reviews were again held in 1992 and 1993 and they also noted various violations, but again failed to ensure they were corrected. After 1993, the Pennsylvania Department of Health decided for political reasons to stop inspecting abortions clinics at all.

Bizzarely, Gosnell petitioned for admission to the NAF, which was the association for abortion providers, only to be denied. He was denied due to insanitary conditions, records that were not properly kept, patients not properly monitored, and misuse of anesthesia. Although the NAF rejected Gosnell, it failed to notifiy anyone else of the conditions of the clinic in question. My guess is that Gosnell figured that the state had turned a blind eye to his clinic, so perhaps the NAF would do the same, all in the name of unlimited access to abortions.

This about sums it all up for me. "Bureaucratic inertia is not exactly news. We understand that, but we think this was something more. We think the reason no one acted is because the women in question were poor and of color, because the victims were infants without identities, and because the subject was the political football of abortion."

So why is this not front page news? Where is the NAACP? Where is Al Sharpton? Where is Jesse Jackson? Where is our fearless leader in the Oval Office? They are as siltent about this as the screams of the viable infants killed in Dr. Gosnells death clinic.
  2. Germany
    Moves
    13 Apr '13 13:33
    I'm not sure what you want to discuss. Do you think you can find anyone here in favour of unsanitary conditions in health care facilities?
  3. Joined
    29 Dec '08
    Moves
    13 Apr '13 13:561 edit
    Originally posted by whodey
    http://www.theatlantic.com/national/archive/2013/04/why-dr-kermit-gosnells-trial-should-be-front-page-story/274944/

Has anyone heard of Dr., and I use this terms loosely, Kermit Gosnell? No? Shocking!!

Dr. Gosnell ran an abortion clinic in the inner city in Pennsylvania. Essentially, he would take poor women who were minorities and give them subpar m iltent about this as the screams of the viable infants killed in Dr. Gosnells death clinic.
    Are you suggesting anti-black racism would be a viable charge? Have you seen photos of him?
  4. Standard memberSleepyguy
    Reepy Rastardly Guy
    Dustbin of history
    Moves
    13 Apr '13 14:01
    Originally posted by KazetNagorra
    I'm not sure what you want to discuss. Do you think you can find anyone here in favour of unsanitary conditions in health care facilities?
    Yeah that's the problem. It was just so unsanitary.

Geez whodey, all Gosnell had to do was clean the place up and make sure to snip those little spines at 23 weeks instead of 24 and it would all just be nice sanitary medical care.
  5. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    14 Apr '13 01:52
    Originally posted by Sleepyguy
    Yeah that's the problem. It was just so unsanitary.

Geez whodey, all Gosnell had to do was clean the place up and make sure to snip those little spines at 23 weeks instead of 24 and it would all just be nice sanitary medical care.
    We have a mass murderer on display with a breakdown in government regulation over the abortion industry and racism to boot and you ask what the big deal is?

I guess it is all pretty common place these days. Never mind.
  6. Standard memberSleepyguy
    Reepy Rastardly Guy
    Dustbin of history
    Moves
    14 Apr '13 12:08
    We have a mass murderer on display with a breakdown in government regulation over the abortion industry and racism to boot and you ask what the big deal is?

I guess it is all pretty common place these days. Never mind.
    Sorry whodey, I thought you'd pick up on my sarcasm. You know my views on abortion. Of course it's a big deal.

But the abortion lovers don't want to talk about it because Gosnell has finally managed to give infanticide a bad name. They'd rather focus on the unsanitary conditions in "healthcare" facilities or take you to task for suggesting a black man could be racist. Meanwhile the holocaust continues.
  7. Germany
    Moves
    14 Apr '13 12:25
    Sorry whodey, I thought you'd pick up on my sarcasm. You know my views on abortion. Of course it's a big deal.

But the abortion lovers don't want to talk about it because Gosnell has finally managed to give infanticide a bad name. They'd rather focus on the unsanitary conditions in "healthcare" facilities or take you to task for suggesting a black man could be racist. Meanwhile the holocaust continues.
    Do you think eating faeces should be banned? If not, I guess you're a faeces lover.
  8. Standard memberSleepyguy
    Reepy Rastardly Guy
    Dustbin of history
    Moves
    14 Apr '13 12:41
    Do you think eating faeces should be banned? If not, I guess you're a faeces lover.
    :'(
  9. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    14 Apr '13 13:471 edit
    All I know is that the deepest, darkest, recess of my rectum smells better than the whole lot of progressives who support the abortion industry and who wish to look the other way when monsters like this are exposed.
  10. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    14 Apr '13 13:591 edit

Sorry, it's just that it seems everyone on these boards loves abortion. It's the politically correct stance, ya know.

Speaking of politically correct stances, what we need is a centralized list of people who are politically incorrect. That way if you are a "bigot" and oppose gay marriage or oppose the woman's right to choose killing their offspring etc, etc, they can put you on some sort of list that employers can check to see if they should hire you.

It's only a matter of time. It will be the new gentler, kinder, fascism.
  11. Germany
    Moves
    14 Apr '13 14:06
    Sorry, it's just that it seems everyone on these boards loves abortion. It's the politically correct stance, ya know.

Speaking of politically correct stances, what we need is a centralized list of people who are politically incorrect. That way if you are a "bigot" and oppose gay marriage or oppose the woman's right to choose killing their offspring etc, ...[text shortened]... uld hire you.

It's only a matter of time. It will be the new gentler, kinder, fascism.
    Is that what you wanted to discuss? Political correctness?
  12. Standard memberSleepyguy
    Reepy Rastardly Guy
    Dustbin of history
    Moves
    14 Apr '13 14:18
    Is that what you wanted to discuss? Political correctness?
    Jesus.

Read the linked article and the last 2 paragraphs of the OP.

Why was there a failure to stop this monstrous murder shop? The grand jury's answer to that question is quoted in the OP. What's yours?
  13. Germany
    Moves
    14 Apr '13 14:24
    Jesus.

Why was there a failure to stop this monstrous murder shop? The grand jury's answer to that question is quoted in the OP. What's yours?
    How would I know?

Perhaps the trial against Gosnell can answer these questions.
  14. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    14 Apr '13 14:291 edit
    Jesus.

For 30 years no less. In the article it states that the government just stopped monitoring these abortion clinics altogether in 1993, all in the name of being politically correct. Now the press is not covering this event like they should, all in the name of being politically correct.

Being politically correct kills.
  15. Germany
    Moves
    14 Apr '13 14:38
    For 30 years no less. In the article it states that the government just stopped monitoring these abortion clinics altogether in 1993, all in the name of being politically correct. Now the press is not covering this event like they should, all in the name of being politically correct.

Being politically correct kills.
    Does the grand jury report state that the reason was because of "political correctness"? Mainstream media reported on this story, the Wikipedia article on Gosnell states that CNN reported on the case.

I guess your emo tantrums about "political correctness" are another manifestation of the faux sense of persecution that is cultivated in the blogosphere (your only source of "news", it seems).

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree