1. Standard memberwolfgang59
    Quiz Master
    RHP Arms
    Moves
    04 May '18 20:09
    Knife crime in London is horrific - forget what you read in the media - ask Trump.

I recently read a story that in London, which has unbelievably
    tough gun laws, a once very prestigious hospital right in the
    middle is like a war zone for horrible stabbing wounds,"

he said on Friday.

What hospital?

Where did he read it?

Nutcase!
    I can't wait for his trip to UK.
  2. Joined
    07 Feb '09
    Moves
    04 May '18 20:29
    Originally posted by @wolfgang59
    Knife crime in London is horrific - forget what you read in the media - ask Trump.

he said on Friday.

What hospital?

Where did he read it?

Nutcase!
    Every society will have a criminal element.
    Especially in a city of >10m people.

Hey !!
    Let's give 'em guns.
    Lots of shiny new guns !! 🙄
  3. Joined
    06 Nov '15
    Moves
    04 May '18 21:04
    Originally posted by @mghrn55
    Every society will have a criminal element.
    Especially in a city of >10m people.

Hey !!
    Let's give 'em guns.
    Lots of shiny new guns !! 🙄
    Trump is a bully...no?
    And...some primary hallmarks of a bully are insecurity and fear.

I believe that Trump could never muster the courage to visit an unwelcoming London. In fact, I wouldn't be surprised if he stipulates that a visit to Great Britain be safely confined to his golf property in Aberdeen. (For "security reasons" of course!)

However, it would be a blessing in disguise for Her Majesty: Any degree of personal exposure to that guy would entail lowering the dignity of her Crown.
  4. Standard memberwolfgang59
    Quiz Master
    RHP Arms
    Moves
    05 May '18 04:40
    Here is the statesman in action delivering that "speech".
    http://www.bbc.com/news/video_and_audio/headlines/44008157/trump-knife-blood-on-uk-hospital-floors
  5. Standard memberwolfgang59
    Quiz Master
    RHP Arms
    Moves
    05 May '18 04:42
    Originally posted by @wolfe63
    Trump is a bully...no?
    And...some primary hallmarks of a bully are insecurity and fear.

I believe that Trump could never muster the courage to visit an unwelcoming London. In fact, I wouldn't be surprised if he stipulates that a visit to Great Britain be safely confined to his golf property in Aberdeen. (For "security reasons" of course!)

However, it ...[text shortened]... sty: Any degree of personal exposure to that guy would entail lowering the dignity of her Crown.
    It is not a State visit so he almost certainly is not meeting the Queen.

And he won't get a very warm reception in Scotland.
    He famously congratulated the Scots on winning their independence by voting to leave EU.
    (They of course voted to stay.)
  6. Standard memberLundos
    Back to basics
    About
    Moves
    05 May '18 07:13

he said on Friday.

What hospital?

Where did he read it?

Nutcase!
    Is anyone surprised? I expect nothing less from this President of the United States.

A week, a month or two months from now some alt-right guy will create a thread about it and then it will be an established 'fact' in the alt-right community like a so many other lies.

Sad.
  7. Unknown Territories
    Moves
    05 May '18 13:36

he said on Friday.

What hospital?

Where did he read it?

Nutcase!
    https://www.express.co.uk/news/uk/951846/britain-knife-crime-crisis-lives-lost-crime-soars-amber-rudd-violent-crime-london-gangs

That's one of many reports speaking on the growing number of knife-related deaths and injuries.

It was ridiculously easy to find, as was Martin Griffith, the surgeon who's quotes were likely the basis of Trump's comments.

So why immediately decry the comments?
    Are the statiticians in on it, the hospitals and police, too?
  8. Joined
    05 Nov '06
    Moves
    05 May '18 14:38
    Originally posted by @freakykbh
    https://www.express.co.uk/news/uk/951846/britain-knife-crime-crisis-lives-lost-crime-soars-amber-rudd-violent-crime-london-gangs

That's one of many reports speaking on the growing number of knife-related deaths and injuries.

It was ridiculously easy to find, as was Martin Griffith, the surgeon who's quotes were likely the basis of Trump's comments. ...[text shortened]... y immediately decry the comments?
    please don't make wolfgang look like an idiot...I like him
  9. SubscriberGhost of a Duke
    Resident of Planet X
    The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    05 May '18 15:18

It was ridiculously easy to find, as was Martin Griffith, the surgeon who's quotes were likely the basis of Trump's comments. ...[text shortened]... y immediately decry the comments?
    Knife fatalities in the UK are definitely on the up, which is certainly concerning, but to compare that with the huge loss of life in the US as a result of the crazy gun laws is itself crazy.
  10. Unknown Territories
    Moves
    05 May '18 16:03
    Originally posted by @ghost-of-a-duke
    Knife fatalities in the UK are definitely on the up, which is certainly concerning, but to compare that with the huge loss of life in the US as a result of the crazy gun laws is itself crazy.
    That's not what ANY person or entity is immediately latching onto, most especially those within this thread.

We don't even need to get into the principles involved, i.e., guns/knives/rocks/mean words that make someone somewhere feel bad, aren't the issue: refusal/inability to restrain one's self along lines known to contribute to a thriving society is the issue.
    That appears to be a bridge too far in our current landscape, since we will polarize on this one, too, despite the painfully obvious indications that our collective boat is being swamped--- and at a sky-is-really-falling rate.
    Putting that aside, the irrefutable reality is that some are so intent at labeling the dialogue according to a specific frame, they speak only in terms of displacing the other side, carefully--- or even sloppily, as is the case here--- cutting and editing any fact or nuance which leaves no other conclusion than the one in mind of the manipulater.
    That's arrogance.
    Arrogance is ruin's handmaiden.

As the world propels itself into a drunken rage-fueled course toward absolute disaster, sobriety has become a mirage from distant history, torturing us with reminders of civility from bye-gone days when at least there was some consensus on what constitutes a fact.
  11. Germany
    Moves
    05 May '18 17:27
    So why immediately decry the comments?
    Because there isn't any hospital in the U.K. in the middle of a war zone.
  12. Unknown Territories
    Moves
    05 May '18 21:15
    Originally posted by @kazetnagorra
    Because there isn't any hospital in the U.K. in the middle of a war zone.
    This you say after reading multiple accounts in which trained personnel working in hospitals that are geographically inside the UK depict their daily experience in terms reminescent of those used to describe war zone wounds?
    In fact, some of these same doctors are actually using the term "war zone" specifically.

So, again, why decry the notion when reports are saying otherwise?
    Is your aim propaganda?
    Or just a general malevolence in which case anything you have to offer ought to be viewed through such a prism?
    Explain yourself.
  13. Standard memberwolfgang59
    Quiz Master
    RHP Arms
    Moves
    06 May '18 00:04

You think the POTUS should take one persons hyperbole and state it as literal fact?

Don't you think the Office should have more gravitas than that?

Yes it is a fact that there has been a recent spike in knife crime in London,
    it is very plainly spoken of and all are concerned. London is not a war zone though.
  14. Joined
    05 Nov '06
    Moves
    06 May '18 00:14
    You think the POTUS should take one persons hyperbole and state it as literal fact?

Don't you think the Office should have more gravitas than that?

Yes it is a fact that there has been a recent spike in knife crime in London,
    it is very plainly spoken of and all are concerned. London is not a war zone though.
    12,970 knife attacks in London this year...sounds like a war zone to me...

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/5251268/london-stabbings-2018-knife-crime-statistics-woolwich-dlr-kensington/
  15. Joined
    07 Feb '09
    Moves
    06 May '18 02:36
    Originally posted by @mott-the-hoople
    12,970 knife attacks in London this year...sounds like a war zone to me...

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/5251268/london-stabbings-2018-knife-crime-statistics-woolwich-dlr-kensington/
    Knives filling hospitals in UK.
    Guns filling morgues in US.

At least no one in UK is pushing for more knives.

Knives are a problem.
    Guns are a problem.

Solutions are moronic on this side of the pond.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree