Please turn on javascript in your browser to play chess.
Debates Forum

Debates Forum

1. 17 Jul '16 20:03 / 3 edits
    http://www.theguardian.com/media/2016/jul/15/mail-online-sweden-music-bravalla-festival-sex-attack-story

"Mail Online Sex Attack Story 'Filled With Lies', Swedish Woman Says"
    --Amelia Gentleman (15 July 2016)

Lisen Andreasson Florman has stated that she was shocked to discover
    that 'Mail Online' (affiliated with the 'Daily Mail' ) and other right-wing British
    tabloids (such as the 'Sun' and 'Daily Star' ) have falsely reported that she
    was sexually assaulted by a group of 'foreign youths' at a music festival in Sweden.
    She denies that she was sexually assaulted.

Much of the right-wing British media have a political agenda of exaggerating
    (or even fabricating) reports of white women allegedly being raped or
    sexually assaulted by non-white Muslim men in Europe.

P.S. I expect that some sexist white men here would prefer that this Swedish woman lie
    and falsely accuse 'foreign' (apparent euphemism for 'Muslim' ) men of sexually assaulting her.
    I already know that many racist trolls here believe that every one of their countless lies is justified
    if it can serve their sacred cause of inciting hatred against non-white people, particularly Muslims.
    The war between the many fanatical white racists and most of the rest of humankind will be without mercy.
  2. 18 Jul '16 01:50 / 1 edit
    Originally posted by Duchess64
    http://www.theguardian.com/media/2016/jul/15/mail-online-sweden-music-bravalla-festival-sex-attack-story

that 'Mail Online' (affiliated with the 'Daily Mail' ) and other right- ...[text shortened]... etween the many fanatical white racists and most of the rest of humankind will be without mercy.
    It is quite common for sexual assault victims to deny they were attacked in the aftermath.

They would often prefer the story just go away.
  3. Subscriber Sleepyguy
    Reepy Rastardly Guy
    18 Jul '16 02:23
    Originally posted by Duchess64

that 'Mail Online' (affiliated with the 'Daily Mail' ) and other right- ...[text shortened]... etween the many fanatical white racists and most of the rest of humankind will be without mercy.
    You are coming unhinged, I swear.

You are deluded about all us American white men being misogynist and racist. I'll admit some of those attitudes exist and are displayed in this forum, but it is in no way representative of what most American males believe, at least not where I'm from. You are telling yourself a story, believing your own FICTION, and then acting like an ass over it. A person with whatever personality disorder you've been diagnosed with really should find something more healthy to do.
  4. Standard member DeepThought
    Losing the Thread
    19 Jul '16 04:17
    Originally posted by Sleepyguy

You are deluded about all us American white men being misogynist and racist. I'll admit some of those attitudes exist and are displayed in this forum, but it is in no way representative of what most American males believe, at least not where I'm from. You are telling yourself a story, believing your own FICTION, and the ...[text shortened]... personality disorder you've been diagnosed with really should find something more healthy to do.
    Duchess said: "...some sexist white men here.". She did not say: "All white Americans are sexist.", which is what you seem to be accusing her of. She did not refer to Americans at all. The "...sexist white men..." statement was added in the P.S. which was in response to her post having been thumbed down. Since the only person to respond to the content in her post was Whodey, who simply claimed the alleged victim was in denial rather than present any coherent argument I can only assume that the reason for this is that various posters in the forum become upset when evidence about Muslims being rapists or otherwise evil is revealed as suspect. Her use of the words "sexist white men" strike me as irrelevant since the issue seems to be Islamophobia. If you feel that her posts are provocative then you could do what I try to and sit on your hands, when someone tries to provoke me I try to avoid giving them the satisfaction of success.

As a point of information, the Daily Mail has a long history of supporting unpleasant politics. They had a headline: "Hurrah for the Blackshirts!", referring to the British Union of Fascists [1]. I wouldn't use them as a source of information. If you want an information source with a Conservative bias in the U.K. use the Daily Telegraph.

[1] https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/British_Union_of_Fascists#Early_success_and_growth
  5. 19 Jul '16 19:57
    Originally posted by Sleepyguy

You are deluded about all us American white men being misogynist and racist. I'll admit some of those attitudes exist and are displayed in this forum, but it is in no way representative of what most American males believe, at least not where I'm from. You are telling yourself a story, believing your own FICTION, and the ...[text shortened]... personality disorder you've been diagnosed with really should find something more healthy to do.
    As DeepThought already has pointed out, Sleepyguy has again dishonestly distorted
    or simply lied about what I wrote, putting his words into my mouth to create an absurd 'strawman'.
    I never wrote that *all* white American men are racists and sexists.

My position is that many white American men in this forum are racists, sexists, or both,
    and their racism or sexism is apparently condoned by most other white American men here.
  6. 19 Jul '16 20:02 / 1 edit
    Originally posted by DeepThought
    Duchess said: "...some sexist white men here.". She did not say: "All white Americans are sexist.", which is what you seem to be accusing her of. She did not refer to Americans at all. The "...sexist white men..." statement was added in the P.S. which was in response to her post having been thumbed down. Since the only person to respond to the conten ...[text shortened]... legraph.

[1] https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/British_Union_of_Fascists#Early_success_and_growth
    Thanks for pointing out Sleepyguy's (typical) misrepresentation of what I wrote.
    In fact, it was Normbenign, not Whodey, who dismissed this woman's denial of being sexually assaulted.

My comment about 'some sexist men here' refers to the fact that these sexist men are
    usually quick to dismiss women's accusations of rape or sexual assault against men
    *except* when it concerns a white woman allegedly being raped or sexually assaulted
    by a non-white man, particularly a Muslim. It seems clear enough that these men
    want the "Mail Online" story about her alleged rape or sexual assault to be true.