3. Standard memberuzless
    The So Fist
    Voice of Reason
    Moves
    24 May '18 03:40
    Originally posted by @wolfgang59
    Now the NFL will fine those that kneel.

Land of the Free?
    "I will honour what the flag represents by disrespecting it".....

Typical American response. Find an easy way to protest something and call it activism despite that action being completely disrespectful.
  4. Joined
    05 Nov '06
    Moves
    24 May '18 12:20
    Originally posted by @uzless
    "I will honour what the flag represents by disrespecting it".....

Typical American response. Find an easy way to protest something and call it activism despite that action being completely disrespectful.
    WRONG!...typical LIBERAL response!
  5. Standard memberHandyAndy
    Non sum qualis eram
    At the edge
    Moves
    24 May '18 16:00
    Originally posted by @mott-the-hoople
    Reproof from a typical loser.
  6. Behind the scenes
    Moves
    24 May '18 16:06
    JMHO - If President Trump is so deeply concerned about the behavior of these NFL players, then he should have become the NFL commissioner. The President of the United States should be more involved in running the executive branch of our government and less involved in running the NFL.
  7. Germany
    Moves
    24 May '18 16:13

Land of the Free?
    Some people come together to play a game. As a part of that game, they do a silly bit of theatre according to some arbitrary rules. Who cares?
  8. Standard memberuzless
    The So Fist
    Voice of Reason
    Moves
    24 May '18 20:092 edits
    Do you actually think refusing to respect your flag is not disrespectful?

Consider this, when the US anthem comes on next time i'm at a game, i'll whip my manparts and then claim i'm doing it to protest racism. Do my actions equate with my activist intent? Of course not...it's completely disrespectful. And so is refusing to stand for your flag while the anthem plays.

Then ends DO NOT JUSTIFY THE MEANS. How soon we forget our history lessons.

Although, you yanks have long since respected any institution in your country. You're all a bunch of individuals ever since you left England. Always have been, always will be.
  9. Standard memberwolfgang59
    Mr. Wolf
    at home
    Moves
    24 May '18 20:13
    Originally posted by @uzless

Consider this, when the US anthem comes on next time i'm at a game, i'll whip my manparts and then claim i'm doing it to protest racism. Do my actions equate with my activist intent? Of course not...it's completely disrespectful. And so is refusing to stand for your flag w ...[text shortened]... s have long since respected any institution in your country. You're all a bunch of individuals.
    There are two questions.
    Is it being disrespectful.
    and
    If so, isn't it a right to show respect or not?

When Trump goes to the UK I'm sure there will be plenty
    exercising their right to show the great man respect (or not).
  10. Zugzwang
    Moves
    24 May '18 20:191 edit
    Originally posted by @uzless to Mott-the-Hoopie

Consider this, when the US anthem comes on next time i'm at a game, i'll whip my manparts and then claim i'm doing it to protest racism. Do my actions equate with my activist intent? Of course not...it's completely disrespectful. And so is refusing to st ...[text shortened]... ou're all a bunch of individuals ever since you left England. Always have been, always will be.
    "Do you actually think refusing to respect your flag is not disrespectful?"
    --Uzless

https://www.alternet.org/news-amp-politics/flag-worship-crushes-american-values

"The American Flag Ritual Is an Exercise in Mindless Obedience:
    Flag idolatry is a pathology that crushes real American values."
    --William Boardman

"Then there’s the Star Spangled Banner [US national anthem], written by a slave owner
    in celebration of the defense of a slave state in a battle against the British.
    The British force included a contingent of former slaves who were promised freedom if
    they fought for the British. How many people at the beginning of a sports event understand
    “the land of the free and the home of the brave” in its deepest historical irony?

All in all, the typical American flag ritual is an exercise in mindless obedience in which
    any talk of real meaning interferes with the underlying objective of fealty to the state.
    The ritual is totemic and totalitarian"

"Mindless obedience has long been a goal of self-appointed patriots, wrapping themselves in
    the flag to defend indefensible domestic injustice or criminal wars (both of which we have
    more than our share these days). There is no meaning in the demand to “respect” any
    abstract symbol, much less one as drenched in horrifying contradiction as the American flag.
    In a mature world, respect is what you earn, not what you demand. In a mature world,
    a person is respected for who and what he or she is and does, not for any office or
    position of authority. We do not live in a mature world."

"No one has a coherent argument for saluting the flag, because there isn’t one.
    The flag ritual is an expression of our secular religion, American Exceptionalism."

"Historically, all the flag worship in the world has done little to assure justice.
    Like an ungodly number of his fellow citizens, Brees is deep in American denial."

Most Americans are mindless conformists about American nationalism and its symbols.
  11. SubscriberWOLFE63
    Tra il dire e il far
    C'e di mezzo il mar!
    Moves
    24 May '18 22:29
    Originally posted by @duchess64
    "Do you actually think refusing to respect your flag is not disrespectful?"
    --Uzless

https://www.alternet.org/news-amp-politics/flag-worship-crushes-american-values

"The American Flag Ritual Is an Exercise in Mindless Obedience:
    Flag idolatry is a pathology that crushes real American values."
    --William Boardman

"Then there’s the Star Spangl ...[text shortened]... denial."

Most Americans are mindless conformists about American nationalism and its symbols.
    "When fascism comes to America, it will come wrapped in a flag and waving a cross." (...or a bible).

- Sinclair Lewis

"Patriotism is the last refuge of a scoundrel."

- Samuel Johnson
  12. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    24 May '18 22:481 edit
    Originally posted by @wajoma
    Private organisation.
    No, no, when the boy scouts want to pass out rubbers and beer then it is because they are able to do so cuz they are a private organization.

It only works if the Left endorses their behavior.

They love the pedo stuff
  13. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    24 May '18 22:50
    Originally posted by @wolfe63
    "When fascism comes to America, it will come wrapped in a flag and waving a cross." (...or a bible).

- Sinclair Lewis

"Patriotism is the last refuge of a scoundrel."

- Samuel Johnson
    Fascism only comes about via government.

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It may be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end, for they do so with the approval of their consciences.

C.S. Lewis
  14. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    24 May '18 23:44

Land of the Free?
    Yes, so much for the First Amendment.

Why are all these people slavering over the Second Amendment so eager to throw out the First?
  15. Joined
    05 Nov '06
    Moves
    25 May '18 00:372 edits
    Originally posted by @suzianne
    Yes, so much for the First Amendment.

Why are all these people slavering over the Second Amendment so eager to throw out the First?
    answer your own question...

Why are all these people slavering over the First Amendment so eager to throw out the Second?