1. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    29 Jun '17 00:08
    https://www.yahoo.com/finance/news/arkansas-ten-commandments-monument-capitol-destroyed-115448086.html

A monument that contained the 10 commandments in Arkansas at the capital building was destroyed by a man who rammed it with his car. Apparently the ACLU was in the process of having it removed legally before the man illegally destroyed it.

Now my position on this may surprise a few people here. I in no way think that the Ten Commandments should be displayed in a court room or at a capital building. As the late George Carlin once said, a document that says, "Thou shalt not steal" and "Thou shalt not lie" and Thou shalt not commit adultery" will only create a hostile work environment in a building full of lawyers, judges, and politicians.
  2. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    29 Jun '17 02:07
    Originally posted by whodey
    https://www.yahoo.com/finance/news/arkansas-ten-commandments-monument-capitol-destroyed-115448086.html

A monument that contained the 10 commandments in Arkansas at the capital building was destroyed by a man who rammed it with his car. Apparently the ACLU was in the process of having it removed legally before the man illegally destroyed it.

Now my posi ...[text shortened]... l only create a hostile work environment in a building full of lawyers, judges, and politicians.
    Although I think your "Carlin moment" is oblique anarchic rhetoric, I do think that the First Amendment applies here, and that a religious monument has no place on government property.
  3. Subscribershavixmir
    Guppy poo
    Sewers of Holland
    Moves
    29 Jun '17 05:11
    Very Nietze!
  4. Standard memberfinnegan
    GENS UNA SUMUS
    Moves
    29 Jun '17 10:45
    Originally posted by shavixmir
    Very Nietze!
    On the mountains of truth you can never climb in vain: either you will reach a point higher up today, or you will be training your powers so that you will be able to climb higher tomorrow.

Friedrich Nietzsche
  5. Cape Town
    Moves
    29 Jun '17 11:58
    Now my position on this may surprise a few people here. I in no way think that the Ten Commandments should be displayed in a court room or at a capital building.
    Yet you clearly came here and started a thread on it. Why?
  6. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    29 Jun '17 12:18

Now my posi ...[text shortened]... l only create a hostile work environment in a building full of lawyers, judges, and politicians.
    Moses smashed the first set of tablets so there is clear precedent
  7. Germany
    Moves
    29 Jun '17 14:55
    An act of petty vandalism? Stop the presses!
  8. Standard membermchill
    Cryptic
    Behind the scenes
    Moves
    29 Jun '17 16:37

Much fuss about nothing

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree