1. silicon valley
    Moves
    30 Mar '10 08:08
    http://tinyurl.com/ybfr4fu

Marine's dad ordered to pay protesters' court fees

Mon Mar 29, 7:03 pm ET

BALTIMORE – The father of a Marine killed in Iraq and whose funeral was picketed by anti-gay protesters was ordered to pay the protesters' appeal costs, his lawyers said Monday.

On Friday, Court of Appeals for the Fourth Circuit ordered Snyder to pay $16,510 to Fred Phelps. Phelps is the leader of the Westboro Baptist Church, which conducted protests at Marine Lance Cpl. Matthew Snyder's funeral in 2006.

The two-page decision supplied by attorneys for Albert Snyder of York, Pa., offered no details on how the court came to its decision.

Attorneys also said Snyder is struggling to come up with fees associated with filing a brief with the U.S. Supreme Court.

2. silicon valley
    Moves
    30 Mar '10 08:09
    photo has a young lady holding up "Thank God for Dead Soldiers" and "God Hates Your Tears" signs at one of the protests.
  3. Standard memberSeitse
    Doug Stanhope
    That's Why I Drink
    Moves
    30 Mar '10 08:12
    Gotta love the countdown of reprobates who have split hell
    wide open since you loaded this page...

http://www.godhatesfags.com/
  4. silicon valley
    Moves
    30 Mar '10 08:15
    Originally posted by Seitse
    Gotta love the countdown of reprobates who have split hell
    wide open since you loaded this page...

http://www.godhatesfags.com/
    that counter is going up pretty fast.

what is it actually counting?

---

152 reprobates have split hell wide open since you loaded this web page.

Since 1955, Westboro Baptist Church (WBC) has taken forth the precious from the vile, and so is as the mouth of God (Jer. 15:19). In 1991, WBC took her ministry to the streets, conducting 42,996 peaceful demonstrations (to date) opposing the fag lifestyle of soul-damning, nation-destroying filth. In response, america bombed WBC; & burned WBC on 8-2-2008. God is america's enemy: 5,347 dead soldiers; $11 trillion+ in national debt.
  5. silicon valley
    Moves
    30 Mar '10 08:18
    http://tinyurl.com/ydvtx7m

Americans split on gay president
    Reuters

Mon Mar 29, 3:10 pm ET

NEW YORK (Reuters Life!) – Half of Americans say they would support an openly gay president, while slightly more would be in favor of a gay Supreme Court judge or secretary of state, according to a new poll.

6. Standard memberSeitse
    Doug Stanhope
    That's Why I Drink
    Moves
    30 Mar '10 08:18
    I think it is all for the lulz.

My theory is that Westboro Baptist Church leader is, in
    reality, Andy Kaufman. He didn't die in reality, you see,
    and now he's back for more lulz.
  7. silicon valley
    Moves
    30 Mar '10 08:19
    it looks way too much like this:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Church_of_the_SubGenius
  8. silicon valley
    Moves
    30 Mar '10 08:21
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Church_of_the_SubGenius#2006:_Rev._Magdalen.27s_child_custody_troubles

2006: Rev. Magdalen's child custody troubles

In 2006, Rachel Bevilacqua, known as Rev. Magdalen in the SubGenius hierarchy, lost custody and contact with her son after a district court judge took offense at her participation in the Church's X-Day festival. Judge James Punch asked Bevilacqua to explain the humor of pictures from the event, and required that she produce a picture that would "absolutely knock my socks off with the humor of it". Without identifying anything in her testimony as specifically false, Punch pronounced her description of the church's activities as "clearly prevaricating" and "obviously so not true from anybody who's looking at it from any normal perspective" and Bevilacqua herself as "mentally ill" and a "pervert". (Ironically, the Official X-Day Video comes with a humorous instruction pamphlet that, among other things, warns people not to show the film to "normals" because "they will think you are insane".)

Punch subsequently recused himself, and Bevilacqua retained Lipsitz Green Scime Cambria LLP, the law firm of Paul Cambria.[24][25] On January 5, 2007, district Judge Eric Adams issued a ruling in Bevilacqua's favor requiring her son to be returned to her, but a temporary stay order was issued preventing this ruling from taking effect.[26] The case was apparently ended on July 6, 2007, when a New York appellate court awarded custody of Bevilacqua's son to her ex-boyfriend, the boy's father.[27] However, further incidents resulted in an additional custody hearing in August 2007, with Judge Punch returning to the case. As of August 14, 2007, custody of Bevilacqua's son has been awarded to her, after the boy's father was sentenced to one month in prison (for drunk driving). The legal proceedings were not dismissed until final custody was awarded to Bevilacqua in October of 2009. Despite the legal ruling, members of the Church seized upon a condition of the custody ruling to declare, "The Book of the SubGenius is now officially a banned book." [28]
  9. Standard memberSeitse
    Doug Stanhope
    That's Why I Drink
    Moves
    30 Mar '10 08:22
    Here's another one for teh lulz...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Church_of_euthanasia
  10. Standard memberDaemon Sin
    I'm A Mighty Pirateā„¢
    PaTROLLING the forum
    Moves
    30 Mar '10 10:261 edit
    Originally posted by zeeblebot
    that counter is going up pretty fast.

what is it actually counting?
    In the script that runs that counter there's a note that says:

On average, 106 people die every minute. The vast majority go to hell.

The formula for it is: (seconds on the site * 106.0 / 60.0).

So according to their logic, on average everyone is going to hell.
  11. Account suspended
    Moves
    30 Mar '10 12:12
    Originally posted by zeeblebot
    photo has a young lady holding up "Thank God for Dead Soldiers" and "God Hates Your Tears" signs at one of the protests.
    Inconceivable.
  12. silicon valley
    Moves
    30 Mar '10 15:51
    Originally posted by Daemon Sin
    In the script that runs that counter there's a note that says:

On average, 106 people die every minute. The vast majority go to hell.

The formula for it is: (seconds on the site * 106.0 / 60.0).

So according to their logic, on average everyone is going to hell.
    they should apply a going-to-heaven coefficient.

although, if the criteria is membership in the WBC, it could take a while to notice any difference.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree