Please turn on javascript in your browser to play chess.
Debates Forum

Debates Forum

  1. Subscriber mchill
    cryptogram
    05 Jun '17 03:04 / 1 edit
    I've followed politics with various degrees of intensity for 40+ years, and have concluded that while it is prudent to stay informed and exercise one's right to vote, burning up a lot of emotional energy on these issues are of little value. In late 2008 and early 2009, during the height of the great recession re-pleat with bank failures and soaring unemployment, of which I was not immune, I spent most of my spare time with the TV off, tended my little garden, read, cooked, exercised, and found a measure of happiness in small things, being a bit of a control freak it was not easy to do, but it helped a lot. What ever you are deeply concerned about in world affairs folks, just remember, you're not responsible for everything. Sometimes you have to simply let go, and let things happen. That's my little philosophical tidbit for today
  2. 05 Jun '17 03:57
    You are certainly not handling this well, one extreme to the other.

    See the board. Be the board.
  3. Subscriber Suzianne
    Misfit Queen
    05 Jun '17 12:02
    Originally posted by mchill
    I've followed politics with various degrees of intensity for 40+ years, and have concluded that while it is prudent to stay informed and exercise one's right to vote, burning up a lot of emotional energy on these issues are of little value. In late 2008 and early 2009, during the height of the great recession re-pleat with bank failures and soaring unemployme ...[text shortened]... ou have to simply let go, and let things happen. That's my little philosophical tidbit for today
    So when are you going to stop blaming the victims for what happened in November?

    Is that part of your "don't worry, be happy" philosophy?
  4. 05 Jun '17 12:09
    Originally posted by mchill
    I've followed politics with various degrees of intensity for 40+ years, and have concluded that while it is prudent to stay informed and exercise one's right to vote, burning up a lot of emotional energy on these issues are of little value. In late 2008 and early 2009, during the height of the great recession re-pleat with bank failures and soaring unemployme ...[text shortened]... ou have to simply let go, and let things happen. That's my little philosophical tidbit for today
    Don't be a fool man.

    Resist the orange or we are all gonna die!!!
  5. Subscriber mchill
    cryptogram
    06 Jun '17 14:51
    Originally posted by Suzianne
    So when are you going to stop blaming the victims for what happened in November?

    Is that part of your "don't worry, be happy" philosophy?
    Suzianne - I'm not blaming anyone for anything. All I was saying was the political mood of the country ebbs and flows like the tide. If you support the left wing (and I do most of the time) your time will come again, it always does.
  6. 06 Jun '17 19:28
    Originally posted by mchill
    Suzianne - I'm not blaming anyone for anything. All I was saying was the political mood of the country ebbs and flows like the tide. If you support the left wing (and I do most of the time) your time will come again, it always does.
    Of course it does, remember how the Republicans were dead after Obama got elected?
  7. 06 Jun '17 20:04
    Originally posted by mchill to Suzianne
    Suzianne - I'm not blaming anyone for anything. All I was saying was the political mood of the country ebbs and flows like the tide. If you support the left wing (and I do most of the time) your time will come again, it always does.
    The troll Mchill keeps blatantly lying as usual.

    "I'm not blaming anyone for anything."
    --Mchill (6 June 2017)

    On 31 May 2017, Mchill created the thread "Liberals: much of this is your fault."
    "...much of the blame for the situation we have today can be laid on the doorstep of the Liberals."
    --Mchill (31 May 2017)

    I doubt that Suzianne's gullible enough to buy the lies and nonsense that Mchill's selling.
  8. Subscriber mchill
    cryptogram
    06 Jun '17 22:46
    Originally posted by Duchess64
    The troll Mchill keeps blatantly lying as usual.

    "I'm not blaming anyone for anything."
    --Mchill (6 June 2017)

    On 31 May 2017, Mchill created the thread "Liberals: much of this is your fault."
    "...much of the blame for the situation we have today can be laid on the doorstep of the Liberals."
    --Mchill (31 May 2017)

    I doubt that Suzianne's gullible enough to buy the lies and nonsense that Mchill's selling.
    Duchess - Much anger I sense in you. Beware: Anger, Pride, Prejudice. A path to the dark side are these!