Please turn on javascript in your browser to play chess.
Debates Forum

Debates Forum

  1. Standard member sh76
    Civis Americanus Sum
    04 Nov '09 02:09 / 1 edit
    Not unexpected, but a solid win nonetheless. This race was tied in the summer and the Dems got a big boon when they dug up an old paper by McDonnell that stirred up some controversy. This is also a state that Obama carried in 2008 and has 2 Democratic senators and the retiring governor was a Dem. Nevertheless, The Republican won going away.

    All eyes on NJ. Still too close to call. According to intrade.com, though, Christie has emerged as a slight favorite.
  2. Standard member telerion
    True X X Xian
    04 Nov '09 02:17
    Originally posted by sh76
    Not unexpected, but a solid win nonetheless. This race was tied in the summer and the Dems got a big boon when they dug up an old paper by McDonnell that stirred up some controversy. This is also a state that Obama carried in 2008 and has 2 Democratic senators and the retiring governor was a Dem. Nevertheless, The Republican won going away.

    All eyes on NJ. S ...[text shortened]... too close to call. According to intrade.com, though, Christie has emerged as a slight favorite.
    I'm not surprised about Virginia. I lived there for six years, leaving at the beginning of this summer. I knew some pretty staunch Democrats and most of them thought Deeds was awful. He just wasn't a Mark Warner or even a Tim Kaine.

    I am really going to be watching the Rep's closely over the next few years. If a strong moderate wing emerges, I'll probably vote for them (assuming I have the choice), but if they really think the answer is to run to the right. I'll fight them tooth and nail.
  3. 04 Nov '09 03:10
    Originally posted by telerion
    I'm not surprised about Virginia. I lived there for six years, leaving at the beginning of this summer. I knew some pretty staunch Democrats and most of them thought Deeds was awful. He just wasn't a Mark Warner or even a Tim Kaine.

    I am really going to be watching the Rep's closely over the next few years. If a strong moderate wing emerges, I'll pro ...[text shortened]... ut if they really think the answer is to run to the right. I'll fight them tooth and nail.
    You can always write in McCain as your candidate. I would say "W" but he is a flaming liberal.
  4. 04 Nov '09 16:25 / 1 edit
    Originally posted by telerion

    but if they really think the answer is to run to the right. I'll fight them tooth and nail.[/b]
    So what about the right offends you so much?