McDonell runs up a big win in VA

McDonell runs up a big win in VA

Debates

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Civis Americanus Sum

New York

Moves
04 Nov 09
1 edit

Not unexpected, but a solid win nonetheless. This race was tied in the summer and the Dems got a big boon when they dug up an old paper by McDonnell that stirred up some controversy. This is also a state that Obama carried in 2008 and has 2 Democratic senators and the retiring governor was a Dem. Nevertheless, The Republican won going away.

All eyes on NJ. Still too close to call. According to intrade.com, though, Christie has emerged as a slight favorite.

t
True X X Xian

The Lord's Army

Moves
04 Nov 09

Originally posted by sh76
Not unexpected, but a solid win nonetheless. This race was tied in the summer and the Dems got a big boon when they dug up an old paper by McDonnell that stirred up some controversy. This is also a state that Obama carried in 2008 and has 2 Democratic senators and the retiring governor was a Dem. Nevertheless, The Republican won going away.

All eyes on NJ. S ...[text shortened]... too close to call. According to intrade.com, though, Christie has emerged as a slight favorite.
I'm not surprised about Virginia. I lived there for six years, leaving at the beginning of this summer. I knew some pretty staunch Democrats and most of them thought Deeds was awful. He just wasn't a Mark Warner or even a Tim Kaine.

I am really going to be watching the Rep's closely over the next few years. If a strong moderate wing emerges, I'll probably vote for them (assuming I have the choice), but if they really think the answer is to run to the right. I'll fight them tooth and nail.

w

Moves
04 Nov 09

Originally posted by telerion
I'm not surprised about Virginia. I lived there for six years, leaving at the beginning of this summer. I knew some pretty staunch Democrats and most of them thought Deeds was awful. He just wasn't a Mark Warner or even a Tim Kaine.

I am really going to be watching the Rep's closely over the next few years. If a strong moderate wing emerges, I'll pro ...[text shortened]... ut if they really think the answer is to run to the right. I'll fight them tooth and nail.
You can always write in McCain as your candidate. I would say "W" but he is a flaming liberal. 😀

w

Moves
04 Nov 09
1 edit

Originally posted by telerion

but if they really think the answer is to run to the right. I'll fight them tooth and nail.[/b]
So what about the right offends you so much?