1. Joined
    26 Dec '08
    Moves
    24 Jun '09 08:13
    Originally posted by FabianFnas
    If the people of Mexico wants this worst-case scenario, then they'll get what they vote for. That's democracy, the power of the majority.
    Or at least a plurality in the case of multi-party democracies... fascinating how small parties can push so many of their interests onto a nation where most may oppose the agendas. There is an irony there in multiparty democracies.
  2. Joined
    11 Nov '05
    Moves
    24 Jun '09 08:45
    Originally posted by eljefejesus
    Or at least a plurality in the case of multi-party democracies... fascinating how small parties can push so many of their interests onto a nation where most may oppose the agendas. There is an irony there in multiparty democracies.
    Isn't USA a multi-party democracy? Even if only two kandidates remain when the final election day arrives.
  3. Joined
    26 Dec '08
    Moves
    27 Jun '09 08:16
    Isn't USA a multi-party democracy? Even if only two kandidates remain when the final election day arrives.
    I would differentiate that as a two party system as it is more likely to have a majority vote rather than a typical mere pluraliity amongst multiple parties.
  4. Joined
    26 Dec '08
    Moves
    04 Jul '09 12:11
    So if the people want another governement, they'll vote for it, or else there will be no change. Noone will take power without the support of the people. That's democracy in action.
    Democracy in action in Mexico on July 5th, here's some Mexican fireworks for the people:

http://mexico2009elections.wordpress.com/

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree