1. The Catbird's Seat
    Moves
    30 Jul '14 00:40
    Originally posted by wolfgang59
    1. In capitalism money is made through investment. Advertising and
    consumerism are perhaps by-products of the system.

"2. 🙄 Capitalism could operate under a dictatorship - it in no way
    guarantees democracy.
    "1. In capitalism money is made through investment. Advertising and
    consumerism are perhaps by-products of the system."

Investment need not be on a high level. Much investment in capitalism is created by the savings of fairly poor people who invest in themselves.

guarantees democracy."

It could, but capitalism itself is a purely democratic system. People can buy or produce without interference. Your purchase of a product or service is a vote for that provider, and his prices. Your purchase of a competitors goods is a vote against him.

It is unlikely that such a system would thrive under a dictator, unless that dictator was very restrained.
  2. Standard memberDeepThought
    Losing the Thread
    Quarantined World
    Moves
    30 Jul '14 00:53
    Originally posted by normbenign
    "1. In capitalism money is made through investment. Advertising and
    consumerism are perhaps by-products of the system."

Investment need not be on a high level. Much investment in capitalism is created by the savings of fairly poor people who invest in themselves.

guarantees dem ...[text shortened]... kely that such a system would thrive under a dictator, unless that dictator was very restrained.
    Capitalism relies on concentration of capital. Wealth being focused in the hands of one or a few. How is that democratic?
  3. Standard memberwolfgang59
    Quiz Master
    RHP Arms
    Moves
    30 Jul '14 00:55
    He used capital to produce his books and movies. He then got paid royalties.
    That does not make him a capitalist.
  4. Standard memberwolfgang59
    Quiz Master
    RHP Arms
    Moves
    30 Jul '14 00:58
    guarantees democracy."

It could, but ...
    Earlier you said:
    Capitalism is the only system where people get wealthy by appealing to the wants and needs of consumers. It is entirely democratic

Glad you have broadened your mind a little.
  5. Joined
    16 Jan '07
    Moves
    30 Jul '14 06:11
    Originally posted by Krod Mandoon
    Only reason you call it biased is because it's all people that actually worked with him and went from admiring him to hating him.
    Yeah I suppose that is biased. Can you find any articles to the contrary, where people that worked for him said they still liked and respected him?
    Because I can't.
    how much can you trust the article? were they real quotes and from how many people? how do we know?

sadly not many articles are written praising people, they dont seem to attract readers as much as negative writing.
  6. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    30 Jul '14 06:16
    Originally posted by whodey
    http://news.yahoo.com/divorce-sheds-light-michael-moores-wealth-181233037.html

Why is this important? It is because now we see how much the fat, tub of lard, Marxist, hypocrite is worth, which is around $50 million.

Of course, the reason they are getting a divorce is because Mike was upset with how his wife was spending his money. LOL. What a gree ...[text shortened]... n afford your ignorant movies.

Ah, that feels better.

You just can't make this stuff up.
    I thought his movie expose on Bush a few years back was hilarious entertainment. Of course Bush was an easy target, being the half-wit that he is.
  7. Standard memberbill718
    Enigma
    Seattle
    Moves
    31 Jul '14 06:20
    http://news.yahoo.com/divorce-sheds-light-michael-moores-wealth-181233037.html

Why is this important? It is because now we see how much the fat, tub of lard, Marxist, hypocrite is worth, which is around $50 million.

Of course, the reason they are getting a divorce is because Mike was upset with how his wife was spending his money. LOL. What a gree ...[text shortened]... n afford your ignorant movies.

Ah, that feels better.

You just can't make this stuff up.
    Whodey, I have news for you. You can find out the net worth of just about any well known person at celeberitynetworth.com and I'm sure all those high profile, god fearing republicans out there have never been divorced...right? If only you knew how ignorant you sound. 😞
  8. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    01 Aug '14 11:11
    Originally posted by divegeester
    I thought his movie expose on Bush a few years back was hilarious entertainment. Of course Bush was an easy target, being the half-wit that he is.
    Any half wit can poke fun at "W". Just google Bush and parody and you will be provided with endless clips of Bush just talking that will make you laugh harder than Moore could ever cause you to laugh.

Without Bush Moore has nothing.

I think that someone should do a film that pokes fun of Moore. I would pay money to see that.
  9. Account suspended
    Moves
    01 Aug '14 12:471 edit
    Any half wit can poke fun at "W". Just google Bush and parody and you will be provided with endless clips of Bush just talking that will make you laugh harder than Moore could ever cause you to laugh.

Without Bush Moore has nothing.

I think that someone should do a film that pokes fun of Moore. I would pay money to see that.
    YouTube

State of the Union Address
  10. Joined
    22 Jun '08
    Moves
    19 Aug '14 03:59
    If you've watched any Michael Moore flick he demagogues others for making money, while participating to the max in the capitalist system himself. Moore can believe and speak as he wishes, but we will expose his hypocrisy just the same. He is the greedy capitalist he condemns.
    well said, I don't contribute to any of his wealth,, could care less about his work.
  11. Standard memberwolfgang59
    Quiz Master
    RHP Arms
    Moves
    19 Aug '14 07:49
    Originally posted by Hugh Glass
    well said, I don't contribute to any of his wealth,, could care less about his work.
    Whether you like his work or not, the fact is he works. He is not a capitalist.
  12. SubscriberWajoma
    Die Cheeseburger
    Provocation
    Moves
    19 Aug '14 07:58
    Whether you like his work or not, the fact is he works. He is not a capitalist.
    Why can't capitalists work, can you direct us to a reputable definition of capitalism that says capitalists must not work.
  13. Standard memberwolfgang59
    Quiz Master
    RHP Arms
    Moves
    19 Aug '14 10:44
    Originally posted by Wajoma
    Why can't capitalists work, can you direct us to a reputable definition of capitalism that says capitalists must not work.
    Capitalists make their money through investment.
    Michael Moore made his money through his work.

Can you dispute that?
  14. SubscriberWajoma
    Die Cheeseburger
    Provocation
    Moves
    19 Aug '14 11:06
    Capitalists make their money through investment.
    Michael Moore made his money through his work.

Can you dispute that?
    I asked for a reputable definition of capitalism that included the stipulation that capitalists do not work.

Can you do that. Because I think it might be 'off the top of your head again'. I don't want to be accused of 'psuedo intellect' so I'm asking.

Asking for some basis for your assertion that people who work, cannot be capitalists.
  15. Subscriberkmax87
    Blade Runner
    Republicants
    Moves
    19 Aug '14 11:25
    Originally posted by Wajoma
    I asked for a reputable definition of capitalism that included the stipulation that capitalists do not work.

Can you do that. Because I think it might be 'off the top of your head again'. I don't want to be accused of 'psuedo intellect' so I'm asking.

Asking for some basis for your assertion that people who work, cannot be capitalists.
    I suppose it all bogs down in the definition of what constitutes work. Investments don't make themselves and to stay a wealthy capitalist one would have to do some research as to the best products to invest in.

Though compared to doing manual labour, you could also argue that Moore hardly 'works'

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree