Please turn on javascript in your browser to play chess.
Debates Forum

Debates Forum

  1. 05 Sep '12 15:18
    Haven't heard or read any bad reviews. Any downsides for the Democrats from her speech?

    I was thinking she ought to run for office when Barack is finished.
  2. 05 Sep '12 15:56
    Originally posted by Kunsoo
    Haven't heard or read any bad reviews. Any downsides for the Democrats from her speech?

    I was thinking she ought to run for office when Barack is finished.
    Another Hillary. I kind of thought that too. I didn't realize she was such a good public speaker.
  3. Standard member sh76
    Civis Americanus Sum
    05 Sep '12 16:31
    Originally posted by moon1969
    Another Hillary. I kind of thought that too. I didn't realize she was such a good public speaker.
    Do we really need every serious female presidential candidate to get their by virtue of her husband?
  4. 05 Sep '12 17:14
    Originally posted by sh76
    Do we really need every serious female presidential candidate to get their by virtue of her husband?
    If she can get the votes. Maybe running for US rep or senator though my be an initial step. Yet, she may not have that kind of aspiration.
  5. 05 Sep '12 17:49
    Originally posted by moon1969
    If she can get the votes. Maybe running for US rep or senator though my be an initial step. Yet, she may not have that kind of aspiration.
    I doubt she'd be able to get too far without running for a different spot first - like what Hilary did.
  6. 05 Sep '12 18:53
    Originally posted by sh76
    Do we really need every serious female presidential candidate to get their by virtue of her husband?
    I don't think so, but sometimes there's a correlation. Maybe someday we'll get a great male leader from a female political career.
  7. 05 Sep '12 22:32 / 1 edit
    Originally posted by sh76
    Do we really need every serious female presidential candidate to get their by virtue of her husband?
    The first woman elected President will have been a man before the "operation". Just look around at the dudes that run for President now, and imagine them in drag.
  8. Subscriber Suzianne
    Misfit Queen
    06 Sep '12 15:15
    Originally posted by Kunsoo
    Haven't heard or read any bad reviews. Any downsides for the Democrats from her speech?

    I was thinking she ought to run for office when Barack is finished.
    I hope Elizabeth Warren runs in 2016.

    Her speech at the DNC last night was incredibly right on target.

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pke7jfqca9k
  9. 06 Sep '12 16:26
    Originally posted by Suzianne
    I hope Elizabeth Warren runs in 2016.

    Her speech at the DNC last night was incredibly right on target.

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pke7jfqca9k
    She would have my vote. But she's too liberal. There would have to be a major shift in politics.
  10. Subscriber Suzianne
    Misfit Queen
    07 Sep '12 00:51
    Originally posted by Kunsoo
    She would have my vote. But she's too liberal. There would have to be a major shift in politics.
    Not as liberal as me, sweetie.

    She's about the closest thing I've seen to my own ideas in a long, long time.

    I hope she's elected in November. The Senate could sure as heck use her.
  11. Subscriber AThousandYoung
    Poor Filipov :,(
    07 Sep '12 01:13
    Well, there goes another off my list of centrist conservatives.
  12. 07 Sep '12 01:26
    Originally posted by Suzianne
    Not as liberal as me, sweetie.

    She's about the closest thing I've seen to my own ideas in a long, long time.

    I hope she's elected in November. The Senate could sure as heck use her.
    I do too. I actually wish the Obama administration had put her into the cabinet, but maybe she'll be more effective in the Senate teaming up with Bernie Sanders.

    I'm also more liberal than she is Suzianne. Which is one among many reasons I'll never be elected to the Senate.
  13. 07 Sep '12 10:14
    Originally posted by Suzianne
    I hope Elizabeth Warren runs in 2016.

    Her speech at the DNC last night was incredibly right on target.

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pke7jfqca9k
    Wow. I like here a lot too. She is awesome and has a clarity of what I have thought for a long time. She is very-well liked and becoming a star in the Democrat party. And I really hope she gets us that Senate seat back. It would be great to keep the Senate, and maybe a stretch but nice to get 60 seats to be able to better govern despite the filibustering party of No.
  14. 07 Sep '12 14:03
    Originally posted by moon1969
    Another Hillary. I kind of thought that too. I didn't realize she was such a good public speaker.
    Actually Michelle Obama has a far more impressive resume than Hillary did. She has actual executive experience, except that her job was really a patronage position which hardly required he to show up for work, and was so indispensable that when she left there was no search for a replacement.
  15. 07 Sep '12 14:08
    Originally posted by moon1969
    Wow. I like here a lot too. She is awesome and has a clarity of what I have thought for a long time. She is very-well liked and becoming a star in the Democrat party. And I really hope she gets us that Senate seat back. It would be great to keep the Senate, and maybe a stretch but nice to get 60 seats to be able to better govern despite the filibustering party of No.
    " It would be great to keep the Senate, and maybe a stretch but nice to get 60 seats to be able to better govern despite the filibustering party of No."

    The dream of despots everywhere.