1. Subscribershavixmir
    Guppy poo
    Sewers of Holland
    Moves
    30 Aug '17 04:25
    North Korea has tested 11 missiles in 2017. A quick google-search brings up bucket loads of results, explaining and condemning the testing.
    Hell, you can even find references to North Korea's position on the matter.

Then, I noticed that the US tested a minuteman ICBM for the third time in 2017.
    "Oh," thought I, "other countries are testing missiles as well!"

Never really thought about it. So, I thought I'd see how often other countries test their missiles...
    Well, besides a few minuteman mentions, a touch of India and a vague reference to Iran and Russia... I can't dig up that information anywhere.

Can you?

How many medium to long range missiles were tested in 2016?
    Which three countries tested the most?

I hope you can help, thanks in advance.
  2. Standard memberfinnegan
    GENS UNA SUMUS
    Moves
    30 Aug '17 10:402 edits
    > :-O
  3. SubscriberWajoma
    Die Cheeseburger
    Provocation
    Moves
    30 Aug '17 10:531 edit
    Originally posted by @shavixmir
    North Korea has tested 11 missiles in 2017. A quick google-search brings up bucket loads of results, explaining and condemning the testing.

"Oh," thought I, "other countries are testing missiles a ...[text shortened]... sted in 2016?

Not missile tests, but have you seen this? It'll blow you away.

Turn the sound on.

YouTube
  4. Subscribershavixmir
    Guppy poo
    Sewers of Holland
    Moves
    01 Sep '17 10:21
    No one???
  5. Standard memberfinnegan
    GENS UNA SUMUS
    Moves
    01 Sep '17 12:581 edit
    No one???
    https://www.reuters.com/article/us-usa-defense-nuclear/u-s-test-fires-icbms-to-stress-its-power-to-russia-north-korea-idUSKCN0VZ02R

January 2016

VANDENBERG AIR FORCE BASE, Calif. (Reuters) - The U.S. military test-fired its second intercontinental ballistic missile in a week on Thursday night, seeking to demonstrate its nuclear arms capacity at a time of rising strategic tensions with Russia and North Korea.
    Deputy Defense Secretary Robert Work, who witnessed the launch, said the U.S. tests, conducted at least 15 times since January 2011, send a message to strategic rivals like Russia, China and North Korea that Washington has an effective nuclear arsenal.

“That’s exactly why we do this,” Work told reporters before the launch.

“We and the Russians and the Chinese routinely do test shots to prove that the operational missiles that we have are reliable. And that is a signal ... that we are prepared to use nuclear weapons in defense of our country if necessary.”

Demonstrating the reliability of the nuclear force has taken on additional importance recently because the U.S. arsenal is near the end of its useful life and a spate of scandals in the nuclear force two years ago raised readiness questions.

Curious the way this casually lists North Korea alongside China and Russia as "strategic rivals." No obvious irony intended. Like the USA must shake in its boots when North Korea shakes its little fists.
  6. Joined
    07 Dec '05
    Moves
    07 Sep '17 15:50

"Oh," thought I, "other countries are testing missiles a ...[text shortened]... sted in 2016?

http://indianexpress.com/article/world/china-tests-missile-with-10-nuclear-warheads-donald-trump-presidency-4504092/

https://www.rt.com/news/228167-india-agni-missile-test/

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree