1. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    17 Apr '16 12:112 edits
    Originally posted by normbenign
    It really doesn't matter, because people will find ways around such limits anyway. In principal, it's their money, and you can't tell them how to spend it, however foolish it may be.

If you really believe the control freak stuff, then limit how much media can charge for advertising. Bust up this free market, get rich quick on politicians thing.
    I agree with the first part of this as long as we're actually talking about people and not corporations or some stupid idea like "limiting corporation's political contributions is infringing on their First Amendment rights".

The second part is a particularly stupid thing to say, especially from someone who advocates a free market. So "charging what the market will bear" only applies to everyone except the media?
  2. Cape Town
    Moves
    17 Apr '16 12:13
    Originally posted by Wajoma
    Google: 'Trump campaign funding', or: 'Top donors data for Donald trump.'
    I did, and found no evidence whatsoever that Trump is limiting the size of donations. I did find evidence that he is receiving substantial donations and has raised more than at least one other candidate.

You'll find that limiting the size of campaign donations will effect Trump the least, therefore giving a greater advantage than what he has now, leading me to suspect those that are advocates for these policies are actually undercover, closet Trump fans and supporters, are you one too?
    I don't believe in changing election systems in order to favour one candidate. So even though I support getting money out of politics, that doesn't make me a Trump supporter - even if he would benefit the most from it, which I doubt. From where I stand it looks like he is just not very good at raising money.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree