Debates Forum

Debates Forum

  1. Unknown Territories
    Joined
    05 Dec '05
    Moves
    20408
    06 May '17 22:03
    Q. How does NASA predict eclipses?
  2. Zugzwang
    Joined
    08 Jun '07
    Moves
    2120
    06 May '17 22:23
    Originally posted by FreakyKBH
    [b]Q. How does NASA predict eclipses?[/b]
    What is FreakyKBH's concept of an eclipse in his preferred model of a flat Earth?
  3. Unknown Territories
    Joined
    05 Dec '05
    Moves
    20408
    06 May '17 22:26
    Originally posted by Duchess64
    What is FreakyKBH's concept of an eclipse in his preferred model of a flat Earth?
    Don't evade.
  4. Behind the scenes
    Joined
    27 Jun '16
    Moves
    1406
    07 May '17 05:27
    Originally posted by FreakyKBH
    Don't evade.
    Freaky - I see you've joined many here who Duchess views as "the enemy" Not to worry though, Duchess in not bigoted, she hates everyone! 😀
  5. Cape Town
    Joined
    14 Apr '05
    Moves
    52945
    07 May '17 08:08
    Originally posted by FreakyKBH
    [b]Q. How does NASA predict eclipses?[/b]
    The same way anyone else does. Orbital dynamics.
  6. Cape Town
    Joined
    14 Apr '05
    Moves
    52945
    07 May '17 08:10
    Originally posted by mchill
    Freaky - I see you've joined many here who Duchess views as "the enemy" Not to worry though, Duchess in not bigoted, she hates everyone! 😀
    And you have joined many here who attach Duchess by maligning her to others rather than addressing her directly. She asked a perfectly reasonable question above.
  7. SubscriberWajoma
    Die Cheeseburger
    Provocation
    Joined
    01 Sep '04
    Moves
    65520
    07 May '17 09:14
    Originally posted by twhitehead
    And you have joined many here who attach Duchess by maligning her to others rather than addressing her directly. She asked a perfectly reasonable question above.
    You're such a thoughtful fellow.
  8. Subscriberdivegeester
    Leave Means Leave
    Voting not marching!
    Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    88832
    07 May '17 11:06
    Originally posted by FreakyKBH
    [b]Q. How does NASA predict eclipses?[/b]
    Using mathematical modelling I presume.

    I don't think any elephants or turtles or giant men were involved.
  9. Unknown Territories
    Joined
    05 Dec '05
    Moves
    20408
    07 May '17 11:26
    Originally posted by divegeester
    Using mathematical modelling I presume.

    I don't think any elephants or turtles or giant men were involved.
    Don't presume.
    What heliocentric/orbital dynamic model are they using?
  10. Unknown Territories
    Joined
    05 Dec '05
    Moves
    20408
    07 May '17 11:27
    Originally posted by twhitehead
    The same way anyone else does. Orbital dynamics.
    It almost seems as though you checked before you responded...
    But you didn't, did You?

    Try again.
  11. Subscriberkmax87
    Land of Free
    Health and Education
    Joined
    09 Oct '04
    Moves
    82196
    07 May '17 11:321 edit
    Originally posted by Wajoma
    You're such a thoughtful fellow.
    He is and he is correct. If you are going to be a malingerer, then no more mucking about in hyperspace, just line up your target, launch your tirade and await your shower of brickbats and bouquets....
  12. Subscriberdivegeester
    Leave Means Leave
    Voting not marching!
    Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    88832
    07 May '17 12:35
    Originally posted by FreakyKBH
    Don't presume.
    What heliocentric/orbital dynamic model are they using?
    I have no idea. Is there a point you are about to make?
  13. Unknown Territories
    Joined
    05 Dec '05
    Moves
    20408
    07 May '17 12:54
    Originally posted by divegeester
    I have no idea. Is there a point you are about to make?
    Little escapes your notice.
    Find the answer and you'll probably figure out the point.
  14. Standard memberDeepThought
    Losing the Thread
    Cosmopolis
    Joined
    27 Oct '04
    Moves
    80056
    07 May '17 13:22
    Originally posted by divegeester
    Using mathematical modelling I presume.

    I don't think any elephants or turtles or giant men were involved.
    They use necromancy, if that fails they summon a Besselian demon.
  15. Unknown Territories
    Joined
    05 Dec '05
    Moves
    20408
    07 May '17 13:42
    Originally posted by DeepThought
    They use necromancy, if that fails they summon a Besselian demon.
    It's almost as though you're not taking this very seriously.
Back to Top