1. Houston, Texas
    Moves
    21 Aug '11 10:431 edit
    http://www.chron.com/news/houston-texas/article/U-S-learns-about-the-brash-Perry-Texans-know-2134206.php

"It was a Rick Perry admirer, the Rev. Richard Land of the Southern Baptist Convention, who recently described Texas' governor as "George W. Bush on steroids." It took only a couple of days on the campaign trail for the nation to find out what he meant.

The same bold, brash and confident campaigner Texans have come to know over the years jumped in boots-first early in the week. He said the head of the Federal Reserve would be committing a "treasonous" act if he printed more money to help President Barack Obama. He also implied that Obama was insufficiently patriotic because he had not served in the military.

His string of controversial comments continued on Wednesday when he told a New Hampshire audience that scientists are part of an international climate-change conspiracy, and then on Thursday when he told a 9-year-old New Hampshire boy that Texas schools teach creationism. . . ."
  2. Joined
    03 Feb '07
    Moves
    22 Aug '11 06:52
    "It takes balls to execute an innocent man." -- anonymous GOP focus group member on Rick Perry
  3. Joined
    10 May '09
    Moves
    22 Aug '11 06:59
    Originally posted by moon1969
    http://www.chron.com/news/houston-texas/article/U-S-learns-about-the-brash-Perry-Texans-know-2134206.php

"It was a Rick Perry admirer, the Rev. Richard Land of the Southern Baptist Convention, who recently described Texas' governor as "George W. Bush on steroids." It took only a couple of days on the campaign trail for the nation to find out what he mean ...[text shortened]... when he told a 9-year-old New Hampshire boy that Texas schools teach creationism. . . ."
    Insufficiently patriotic... says the man who doesn't want to be an American.
  4. Joined
    14 Dec '07
    Moves
    22 Aug '11 14:25
    Originally posted by USArmyParatrooper
    Insufficiently patriotic... says the man who doesn't want to be an American.
    Broken record alert.
  5. Joined
    10 May '09
    Moves
    22 Aug '11 14:38
    Originally posted by dryhump
    Broken record alert.
    And I'm to keep bringing it up, too. Get used to it.
  6. Joined
    03 Feb '07
    Moves
    22 Aug '11 17:082 edits
    Perry also doesn't want anyone to read his book. He wants a clean slate.

http://tpmdc.talkingpointsmemo.com/2011/08/perry-camp-claims-fed-up-call-for-privatizing-social-security-not-a-campaign-blueprint-1.php?ref=fpb
  7. Joined
    14 Dec '07
    Moves
    22 Aug '11 20:37
    Thanks for the warning, I'll remember to skip your posts from now on.
  8. Joined
    03 Feb '07
    Moves
    22 Aug '11 21:04
    Originally posted by dryhump
    Thanks for the warning, I'll remember to skip your posts from now on.
    You won't be able to avoid the theme however. Perry's opponents are going to harp on it the whole election cycle.
  9. Joined
    14 Dec '07
    Moves
    22 Aug '11 21:07
    Originally posted by Kunsoo
    You won't be able to avoid the theme however. Perry's opponents are going to harp on it the whole election cycle.
    Which is exactly why I will avoid tv like the plague for the whole election cycle. I hate this crap and all the crap that is coming. If these candidates were debating something meaningful it might be worth watching.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree