Nature sustainability

Nature sustainability

Debates

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

w

Moves
10 Feb 18
1 edit

https://www.nature.com/articles/s41893-018-0021-4.[WORD TOO LONG].latimes.com

Just wanted to share where we are all headed after Trump.

http://www.nationalreview.com/corner/456138/environmentalists-push-global-wealth-redistribution

w

Moves
10 Feb 18

So Dims have a conundrum. They keep preaching the virtue of democracy but are also advocating gutting the wealthy countries in favor of global redistribution. How will this be sold via democracy to the wealthy nations?

I'm thinking they have one of two options, they will deceive voters or they will simply shove it down their throats. Being honest about what is about to happen is not an option via the democratic process in the rich countries. The one thing they could do, however, is erase borders so that rich countries are no longer sovereign. At that point they can then rely on the overwhelming poor population of the world to dilute their voice in a one world government. At that point it works.

Naturally Right

Somewhere Else

Moves
10 Feb 18

Originally posted by @whodey
So Dims have a conundrum. They keep preaching the virtue of democracy but are also advocating gutting the wealthy countries in favor of global redistribution. How will this be sold via democracy to the wealthy nations?

I'm thinking they have one of two options, they will deceive voters or they will simply shove it down their throats. Being honest about ...[text shortened]... opulation of the world to dilute their voice in a one world government. At that point it works.
Insane rant noted.

Naturally Right

Somewhere Else

Moves
10 Feb 18

Right wing disinformation - check:

A story this week in the conservative National Review claims that, based on a new study in Nature Sustainability, environmentalists want “to make the rich West much poorer so that the destitute can become richer.” Climate Depot gave the study the headline banner treatment and reposted it; giving the Depot’s wide reach in Denierdom, we can probably expect to see more of this attack. The study fits perfectly with a common denier narrative that climate action is just a communist hoax to redistribute wealth from rich countries to poor, so it’s not surprising that deniers would want to shout it from the rooftops

But there are two big problems with this story. One, no one, environmentalist or otherwise, is trumpeting this study as justification for wealth redistribution. And two, the study says absolutely nothing about wealth redistribution.

https://www.dailykos.com/stories/2018/2/9/1740034/-Good-Life-Within-Planetary-Boundaries-Study-Misrepresented-as-Wealth-Redistribution

Cryptic

Behind the scenes

Moves
10 Feb 18

I'm thinking they have one of two options, they will deceive voters or they will simply shove it down their throats. Being honest about ...[text shortened]... opulation of the world to dilute their voice in a one world government. At that point it works.
As usual your completely wrong Whodey. All the Democrats want is a level playing field where rich and poor countries can compete economically. It would be nice if you were correct just once in awhile. 😞

w

Moves
10 Feb 18
1 edit

Originally posted by @mchill
As usual your completely wrong Whodey. All the Democrats want is a level playing field where rich and poor countries can compete economically. It would be nice if you were correct just once in awhile. 😞
The Dims want redistribution, do they not?

Is it limited to only US citizens? it would appear not as they welcome illegals and treat them better than US citizens.

Now I'm sure Dims will only claim to want to represent US citizens, because that is their job, but in reality, that is not what they do, is it?

You can be an illegal and shoot someone dead in San Fran and walk away a free man.

Cryptic

Behind the scenes

Moves
10 Feb 18

The Dims want redistribution, do they not?

Is it limited to only US citizens? it would appear not as they welcome illegals and treat them better than US citizens.

Now I'm sure Dims will only claim to want to represent US citizens, because that is their job, but in reality, that is not what they do, is it?

You can be an illegal and shoot someone dead in San Fran and walk away a free man.
If you want a response Whodey, please knock off the childish name calling.

w

Moves
10 Feb 18

Originally posted by @mchill
If you want a response Whodey, please knock off the childish name calling.
What childish names did I use?

The issue is about the redistribution of wealth. Where should it begin and end?

Do we only worry about the citizens of a given country or the world?

Guppy poo

Sewers of Holland

Moves
10 Feb 18

Originally posted by @no1marauder
Right wing disinformation - check:

A story this week in the conservative National Review claims that, based on a new study in Nature Sustainability, environmentalists want “to make the rich West much poorer so that the destitute can become richer.” Climate Depot gave the study the headline banner treatment and reposted it; giving the Depot’s wide rea ...[text shortened]... 2/9/1740034/-Good-Life-Within-Planetary-Boundaries-Study-Misrepresented-as-Wealth-Redistribution
Oh Whodey... shot down like a Beatle in Central park.

w

Moves
10 Feb 18

Originally posted by @shavixmir
Oh Whodey... shot down like a Beatle in Central park.
I can understand why no one on the left wishes to discuss this.

Shedding light onto your ideology would destroy you so you have to lie about it.

I'll just sit here and wait for those lower Obamacare premiums with the same coverage and doctor.

Guppy poo

Sewers of Holland

Moves
10 Feb 18

Shedding light onto your ideology would destroy you so you have to lie about it.

I'll just sit here and wait for those lower Obamacare premiums with the same coverage and doctor.
Listen moron, if the majority of people want to gut the rich to feed the poor... that is bloody democracy.

K

Germany

Moves
10 Feb 18

What childish names did I use?

The issue is about the redistribution of wealth. Where should it begin and end?

Do we only worry about the citizens of a given country or the world?
Clearly you are not worried about - once again - propagating a fake news story.

Misfit Queen

Isle of Misfit Toys

Moves
10 Feb 18
1 edit

Yeah, whodey, you're right. There IS a reason no one wants to discuss this. The reason is that it is unmitigated, manufactured BS.

No one on the left wants to propagate the insane ramblings of the likes of alt-right news sources, like Fox News. They've already been almost completely discredited among anyone who knows anything, and we're all just waiting for people like you, whodey, who have sold their souls to the company store, to wake up and realize that the Emperor has no clothes.

Do yourself a HUGE favor, whodey. Stop watching Fox News, and other alt-right news sources like the National Review. You might wake up one day and suddenly find yourself able to carry on a reasonable conversation with people, instead of being a spoon-fed jackass.

Moves
10 Feb 18

Originally posted by @suzianne
Yeah, whodey, you're right. There IS a reason no one wants to discuss this. The reason is that it is unmitigated, manufactured BS.

No one on the left wants to propagate the insane ramblings of the likes of alt-right news sources, like Fox News. They've already been almost completely discredited among anyone who knows anything, and we're all just wait ...[text shortened]... lf able to carry on a reasonable conversation with people, instead of being a spoon-fed jackass.
Gosh...looks like the daily revelations of dem corruption is beginning to takes its toll on the sheep.

Quiz Master

RHP Arms

Moves
11 Feb 18

Originally posted by @mott-the-hoople
Gosh...looks like the daily revelations of dem corruption is beginning to takes its toll on the sheep.
With a little bit of research you will find that people "on the left" are far more
open-minded and willing to challenge orthodoxy than those on the right.

In other words "sheep" is best applied to right-wingers.