1. Standard memberSeitse
    Doug Stanhope
    That's Why I Drink
    Moves
    08 Jun '11 10:06
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-13346599

So, same old same old. As soon as people get rich
    they tend to become vain and buy worthless things
    such as watches, paintings, and jewelry.

The day luxury brands disappear for lack of buyers,
    it means this world has hope.
  2. Account suspended
    Moves
    08 Jun '11 19:152 edits
    Originally posted by Seitse

The day luxury brands disappear for lack of buyers,
    it means this world has hope.
    Seems more like it would mean the world had nothing but poor people in it with no hope.
  3. Standard memberAThousandYoung
    or different places
    tinyurl.com/2tp8tyx8
    Moves
    08 Jun '11 19:19
    They are going to piss away all that money unwisely and China will never catch up to the USA for this reason. Our munchkins will figure out a way to get that money back without it going to pay national debt. Their munchkins (except the few favored ones at the top) will come here and join ours.
  4. Standard memberSoothfast
    Planet Rain
    Moves
    08 Jun '11 19:28
    Originally posted by AThousandYoung
    They are going to piss away all that money unwisely and China will never catch up to the USA for this reason. Our munchkins will figure out a way to get that money back without it going to pay national debt. Their munchkins (except the few favored ones at the top) will come here and join ours.
    Take a Toyota Camry, remove the Toyota badge, replace it with a Lexus badge, add $10K to the price, and wait.

A sucker will waltz onto the lot and buy.

Put a BMW logo on a car, and all manner of fools will pay a premium. I don't really know why. The cars don't really have much more (and in some cases less) than your average Nissan Altima, say, but boobs lap them up. I honestly can't tell the difference between BMWs and Audis until I can see the logo.
  5. Standard memberAThousandYoung
    or different places
    tinyurl.com/2tp8tyx8
    Moves
    08 Jun '11 19:59
    We could probably sell them jewelry and clothes made in their own sweatshops by their own people for fifty times the cost of manufacture without ever being physically involved in any part of the process.
  6. Account suspended
    Moves
    08 Jun '11 20:08
    Originally posted by AThousandYoung
    We could probably sell them jewelry and clothes made in their own sweatshops by their own people for fifty times the cost of manufacture without ever being physically involved in any part of the process.
    That's genius.
    That's even better than the people that sell Americans a bottle of water for 2 dollars.
  7. Standard memberSoothfast
    Planet Rain
    Moves
    08 Jun '11 20:42
    Originally posted by Zapp Brannigan
    That's genius.
    That's the essence of end-stage capitalism.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree