1. Standard memberSoothfast
    Planet Rain
    Moves
    29 Mar '14 19:28
    How many Chinese dissidents does it take to power a lightbulb?
  2. Hmmm . . .
    Moves
    30 Mar '14 03:14
    Originally posted by finnegan
    Remember, imbeciles and wits,
    sots and ascetics, fair and foul,
    young girls with little tender tits,
    that DEATH is written over all.

Worn hides that scarcely clothe the soul
    they are so rotten, old and thin,
    or firm and soft and warm and full—
    fellmonger Death gets every skin.

All that is piteous, all that’s fair,
    all ...[text shortened]... ike silly sands.
    We are less permanent than thought.

From Villon by Basil Bunting
    Oh, where are the snows of yesteryear?
  3. SubscriberWajoma
    Die Cheeseburger
    Provocation
    Moves
    30 Mar '14 05:22
    Originally posted by whodey
    http://www.telegraph.co.uk/health/healthnews/10717566/Aborted-babies-incinerated-to-heat-UKhospitals.html

It appears that hospitals in the UK have been using aborted fetus' as a heat source for the said hospitals by incinerating them. However, like most other progressive secrets, once they become revealed there is outrage.

Should this continue? After ...[text shortened]... ike an appendix. In fact, why not just take the bodies in the morgue and do the same with them?
    Something fishy here, it is my understanding it actually requires a large amount of fuel to burn a corpse. A practical example of this can be seen on the Ganges where families that cannot afford sufficient fire wood to incinerate their ex-family member face the embarrassment of getting an incomplete result.
  4. Standard memberfinnegan
    GENS UNA SUMUS
    Moves
    30 Mar '14 10:111 edit
    Originally posted by Wajoma
    Something fishy here, it is my understanding it actually requires a large amount of fuel to burn a corpse. A practical example of this can be seen on the Ganges where families that cannot afford sufficient fire wood to incinerate their ex-family member face the embarrassment of getting an incomplete result.
    Quite right. The corpse of an adult would consume a lot of energy and would not be useful as fuel. For a fetus, which I suspect is also not a net contributor of energy for heat, it might help the debate to have a more realistic notion of size. http://pregnant.thebump.com/pregnancy/pregnancy-tools/articles/how-big-is-baby.aspx
    Weeks 3 & 4: a poppyseed
    Week 5: appleseed
    Week 6: sweet pea
    week 7: blueberry
    Week 8:rasberry
    Week 9: green olive
    Week 10:prune
    Week 11:lime
    Week 12:plum
    Week 13: peach
    Week 14: lemon
    Week 15: orange
    Week 16: avocado
    Week 17: onion
    Whodey is generating more heat than light with this stupid story.
  5. Standard memberfinnegan
    GENS UNA SUMUS
    Moves
    30 Mar '14 11:26
    Originally posted by Wajoma
    Also it is possible but extremely tedious to read up via Google on the regulations for hospital incinerators. In essence, hospital waste can be dangerous and so European regulations require that it is burned at temperatures of something like 800 degrees C. These temperatures would require something more effective than the poppy seed sized products of most abortions. Clearly a boiler generating such immense temperatures for any period of time is consuming a lot of fuel of a more conventional type and it makes sense, surely, for the resulting heat to be recycled as heat and / or power.

If the American fundamentalists now want us to separate out the poppy seeds from the other associated medical waste, and it that is not too difficult to even achieve, then how do they propose to dispose of them? Bear in mind that for most human burials, the preferred option is probably incineration and the dust recovered from incineration can be disposed of in many ways.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree