1. Standard memberno1marauder
    Naturally Right
    Somewhere Else
    Moves
    27 Jun '15 15:12
    Originally posted by Eladar
    What is the purpose of screening letters to silence certain points of view:

Try reading whodey's post.
    i try, but usually they give me nosebleeds.

IF a newspaper acts in a way people don't like, they can stop buying the newspaper. It's not like these days there are insufficient ways to make your opinion known otherwise.
  2. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    27 Jun '15 15:15
    Originally posted by no1marauder
    i try, but usually they give me nosebleeds.

IF a newspaper acts in a way people don't like, they can stop buying the newspaper. It's not like these days there are insufficient ways to make your opinion known otherwise.
    So your point is the newspapers don't need to support free speech.

You believe in this golden rule:

The people with the gold get to make the rules.
  3. Standard memberno1marauder
    Naturally Right
    Somewhere Else
    Moves
    27 Jun '15 15:18

No, they don't. Be nice if they did though.
  4. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    27 Jun '15 15:22

But why include other viewpoints if they are wrong?

We all know there is Progressive truth and regressive lies. Only through the Crusaders of Progressive truthiness can we slay the evil Tea Party conservatives.
  5. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    27 Jun '15 15:25
    Originally posted by whodey
    But why include other viewpoints if they are wrong?

We all know there is Progressive truth and regressive lies. Only through the Crusaders of Progressive truthiness can we slay the evil Tea Party conservatives.
    Because in this country people are free to be wrong and have the right to free speech even if they are wrong.

This is why I support the right of gay people to have sex without going to jail. Their behavior is immoral and wrong, but they should be free to live as they see fit. If they want to claim that homosexuality is not immoral they should have the right to free speech.
  6. Cape Town
    Moves
    27 Jun '15 17:42
    It seems to me that the paper should voice all opinions when it comes to political issues.
    Luckily, the newspaper has freedom of speech and is not bound by your opinion. The newspaper can voice whatever opinions it want's to voice. If it was a publicly owned newspaper, then you might have a say it what it publishes.

Does everyone here who claims the newspaper should publish all opinions equally feel that a Church newspaper must publish all articles it receives even those from other faiths or atheists that are critical of the Church in question?
  7. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    27 Jun '15 18:27
    Originally posted by twhitehead
    Luckily, the newspaper has freedom of speech and is not bound by your opinion. The newspaper can voice whatever opinions it want's to voice. If it was a publicly owned newspaper, then you might have a say it what it publishes.

Does everyone here who claims the newspaper should publish all opinions equally feel that a Church newspaper must publish all a ...[text shortened]... t receives even those from other faiths or atheists that are critical of the Church in question?
    The luck would only go one way. People who base their decisions of right and wrong based on the side of the issue being espoused are puppets.

Repeat what you are being told to repeat. Do it again! There you go, good puppet. Good puppet.

At least I hope you are a puppet and not a person who actually sees the evil and wants it anyhow. That would make you evil. I don't want to believe you are evil, just a duped puppet.
  8. Cape Town
    Moves
    27 Jun '15 19:12
    The luck would only go one way. People who base their decisions of right and wrong based on the side of the issue being espoused are puppets.

Repeat what you are being told to repeat. Do it again! There you go, good puppet. Good puppet.

At least I hope you are a puppet and not a person who actually sees the evil and wants it anyhow. That would make you evil. I don't want to believe you are evil, just a duped puppet.
    Tip: don't post while intoxicated.
  9. Joined
    04 Feb '05
    Moves
    27 Jun '15 19:451 edit
    http://dailycaller.com/2015/06/26/the-silencing-paper-will-limit-anti-gay-marriage-op-eds/

You want to voice your opinion on same sex marriage? Only if it is the correct opinion.
    "This is not hard: We would not print racist, sexist or anti-Semitc letters. To that, we add homophobic ones. Pretty simple.”
  10. Joined
    04 Feb '05
    Moves
    27 Jun '15 19:46
    http://dailycaller.com/2015/06/26/the-silencing-paper-will-limit-anti-gay-marriage-op-eds/

You want to voice your opinion on same sex marriage? Only if it is the correct opinion.
    also, freedom of speech doesn't mean you can force a paper to publish your opinions.
  11. Standard memberno1marauder
    Naturally Right
    Somewhere Else
    Moves
    27 Jun '15 20:03
    Originally posted by twhitehead
    Tip: don't post while intoxicated.
    Then please disregard every post I ever made on this forum.
  12. Joined
    04 Feb '05
    Moves
    27 Jun '15 20:04

free speech is not forcing others to provide medium for you. or listen to you. get it already
  13. Cape Town
    Moves
    27 Jun '15 20:47
    Originally posted by no1marauder
    Then please disregard every post I ever made on this forum.
    Well at least you manage to be coherent most of the time.
  14. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    27 Jun '15 20:521 edit
    Originally posted by Zahlanzi
    "This is not hard: We would not print racist, sexist or anti-Semitc letters. To that, we add homophobic ones. Pretty simple.”
    Homosexuality is immoral.

Why does this believe have to be a "phobe"?

Anyone who uses the term homophobe is by definition of bully. It is attempt to belittle and put down to shut the other person down. Liberals who use the term are a pathetic bunch.
  15. Joined
    04 Feb '05
    Moves
    28 Jun '15 00:47
    Homosexuality is immoral.

Why does this believe have to be a "phobe"?

Anyone who uses the term homophobe is by definition of bully. It is attempt to belittle and put down to shut the other person down. Liberals who use the term are a pathetic bunch.
    "Anyone who uses the term homophobe is by definition of bully"
    depends on how it is used.

"It is attempt to belittle and put down to shut the other person down"
    you are right on this one. It IS an attempt to belittle a homophobe. To give him/her a clear message that his/her behaviour is nauseating and will not be tolerated.

i am calling you a homophobe and i mean it. it is your right of course to be one, just as it is your right to be racist, sexist, anti-semite and so on. you just have to understand that there are consequences for revealing yourself to be one, and that polite society will demand you restrain any behaviour that is considered unacceptable

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree