24 May '15 22:271 edit

This post is unavailable.

Please refer to our posting guidelines.

2. Standard memberbill718
    Enigma
    Seattle
    Moves
    25 May '15 03:16
    In some other societies, it would be unacceptable to implement such stark discrimination
    among children upon the basis of economic class.

Sadly, America is not "some other society" America's motto is generally "pay, or go without"
  3. Cape Town
    Moves
    25 May '15 11:50
    The post that was quoted here has been removed
    Was this a fundraising exercise? If so, then it make sense to try and get people to pay. However, here in SA, I think that most schools would make exceptions for children who could prove that they could not afford it.
    The schools my son has been to all had a policy with school fees where the poorest parents are exempted and the rest of the parents essentially pay for the poorest. The government also contributes some.
  4. Germany
    Moves
    25 May '15 12:04
    This sort of thing was pretty common at my high school. Of course, there aren't as many poor people where I am from.
  5. Account suspended
    Moves
    25 May '15 23:262 edits
    Oh hell.
    After school social function that is voluntary and costs a few bucks for people that want to go , people want to cry that it's discrimination.
    Just never ends does it?
    They get free breakfast and lunch if they are poor, what more do they want?
    I suppose next they'll want free graduation year books because they can't afford them.
  6. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    26 May '15 00:011 edit
    Progressives don't much like Asians.

FDR locked them up during WW 2 and I think there is a general resentment by Progs that Asian Americans tend to do well in school and are affluent despite being a minority.

Hell, they don't even whine about getting nuked twice by the US and then nuking themselves in Japan.

Also, in Progressive Hollywood you will never find a famous Asian actor, unless they fit some stereotype like Bruce Lee.
  7. Account suspended
    Moves
    26 May '15 02:24
    Headline is misleading they weren't banned from anything.
    Don't have the money to go to something then you can't go, that's not being banned.
    Love the word games libtards play.
  8. Joined
    31 Aug '06
    Moves
    26 May '15 09:41
    Originally posted by FishHead111
    Headline is misleading they weren't banned from anything.
    Don't have the money to go to something then you can't go, that's not being banned.
    Love the word games libtards play.
    This problem is more about whether or not children should be treated differently during school hour activities just because their parents, to no fault of the children themselves, can't pay for those activities. This is tantamount to child abuse in my view. Those children have no concept of economics or why they should have to sit inside and listen to their class mates playing and enjoying themselves outside. It really is sickening.
  9. Account suspended
    Moves
    26 May '15 10:16
    Originally posted by C Hess
    This problem is more about whether or not children should be treated differently during school hour activities just because their parents, to no fault of the children themselves, can't pay for those activities. This is tantamount to child abuse in my view. Those children have no concept of economics or why they should have to sit inside and listen to their class mates playing and enjoying themselves outside. It really is sickening.
    Yeah I just read the article, I thought it was an after school affair.
    You're right it was a pretty crummy thing to do.
  10. The Catbird's Seat
    Moves
    26 May '15 16:35
    My daughter pays more than that for each sport my grandchildren participate in.
  11. The Catbird's Seat
    Moves
    26 May '15 16:36
    Detroit public schools have been requiring parents to send paper and pencils to school with their kids for decades.
  12. Joined
    31 Aug '06
    Moves
    26 May '15 17:32
    Originally posted by normbenign
    Detroit public schools have been requiring parents to send paper and pencils to school with their kids for decades.
    What about books?
  13. Account suspended
    Moves
    26 May '15 19:41

14. Account suspended
    Moves
    26 May '15 20:34

15. The Catbird's Seat
    Moves
    26 May '15 21:32
    What about books?
    They charge for books too, if the child wants to take it home.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree