1. Standard memberadam warlock
    Baby Gauss
    Ceres
    Moves
    28 Oct '10 06:49
    http://www.huffingtonpost.com/mark-weisbrot/kirchner-rescued-argentin_b_774966.html

The sudden death of Néstor Kirchner today is a great loss not only to Argentina but to the region and the world. Kirchner took office as president in May 2003, when Argentina was in the initial stages of its recovery from a terrible recession. His role in rescuing Argentina's economy is comparable to that of Franklin D. Roosevelt in the Great Depression of the United States. Like Roosevelt, Kirchner had to stand up not only to powerful moneyed interests but also to most of the economics profession, which was insisting that his policies would lead to disaster. They proved wrong, and Kirchner was right.
  2. Donationrwingett
    Ming the Merciless
    Royal Oak, MI
    Moves
    28 Oct '10 09:32
    Originally posted by adam warlock
    http://www.huffingtonpost.com/mark-weisbrot/kirchner-rescued-argentin_b_774966.html

The sudden death of Néstor Kirchner today is a great loss not only to Argentina but to the region and the world. [b]Kirchner took office as president in May 2003, when Argentina was in the initial stages of its recovery from a terrible recession. His role i ...[text shortened]... hat his policies would lead to disaster. They proved wrong, and Kirchner was right[/b].
    [/b]
    Moral of the story: never trust an economist.
  3. Standard memberPalynka
    Upward Spiral
    Halfway
    Moves
    28 Oct '10 09:39
    The revisionism on Kirchner's legacy is amazing. Argentina has been overrun by cronies of the "Peronists" and they are grabbing as much as they can. The 2008 pension reform was an incredible smash and grab. Oh, we can't borrow from the capital markets? Ok, let's nationalize pensions and use that money then. Amazing. 😕

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree