1. Joined
    26 Oct '06
    Moves
    17 Jan '13 23:54
    Didn't take much for Obama to jump on the gun control bandwagon, did it? I wonder if anyone really thinks another "assault weapons" ban is going to be more effective than the last one? I imagine ammo and magazine prices are going to skyrocket again :/
  2. Standard memberAThousandYoung
    or different places
    tinyurl.com/2tp8tyx8
    Moves
    18 Jan '13 00:30
    Wow Neil Diamond summoned you he has the powerz
  3. The Catbird's Seat
    Moves
    18 Jan '13 00:47
    Originally posted by shiloh
    Didn't take much for Obama to jump on the gun control bandwagon, did it? I wonder if anyone really thinks another "assault weapons" ban is going to be more effective than the last one? I imagine ammo and magazine prices are going to skyrocket again :/
    His buddy Rahm said never let a crisis go to waste, or something to that effect.
  4. Standard membersasquatch672
    Don't Like It Leave
    Walking the earth.
    Moves
    18 Jan '13 00:52
    Where have you been? This already happened. Obama is the best gun salesman in history. I'll bet you the NRA contributed to his reelection campaign, even if it was done in stealth mode.
  5. Dublin Ireland
    Moves
    18 Jan '13 00:54
    Originally posted by sasquatch672
    Where have you been? This already happened. Obama is the best gun salesman in history. I'll bet you the NRA contributed to his reelection campaign, even if it was done in stealth mode.
    Hey Sasquatch, those planes and tanks that Obama gave to Egypt.

Did he give them for free or are they paying for them in some way?
  6. Standard memberapathist
    looking for loot
    western colorado
    Moves
    18 Jan '13 00:56
    So, you embrace your own stupidity.
  7. Joined
    26 Oct '06
    Moves
    18 Jan '13 15:42
    No, but I will endure yours, if necessary.
  8. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    18 Jan '13 15:55
    He may be on the bandwagon, but he hasn't actually done anything that would create gun control. Obama has done nothing. No harm, no foul.
  9. Joined
    29 Dec '08
    Moves
    18 Jan '13 17:16
    Originally posted by johnnylongwoody

"Instability in Egypt, where a newly-elected Islamic government teeters over an angry population, isn't enough to stop the U.S. from sending more than 20 F-16 fighter jets, as part of a $1 billion foreign aid package.

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/world/2012/12/10/us-sending-20-more-f-16s-to-egypt-despite-turmoil-in-cairo/#ixzz2ILdFX9Nc

The interests of the donor is the basis of all foreign aid.

The part of that 1 billion that pays for the jets, goes to US companies and workers that make the jets, not to Egypt for its own use.

It keeps Egypt in the US' pocket for military equipment and maintenance. Morsi is dependent on the Egyptian military and the Egyptian military is dependent on the US.
  10. Standard membersasquatch672
    Don't Like It Leave
    Walking the earth.
    Moves
    18 Jan '13 18:00
    Originally posted by johnnylongwoody

Buddy - have to tell you, not sure...
  11. Standard memberbill718
    Enigma
    Seattle
    Moves
    18 Jan '13 21:40
    This is a useless exercise. Guns are so much a part of life in America that few people give it a 2nd thought, no matter how many killings there are.
  12. The Catbird's Seat
    Moves
    22 Jan '13 01:42
    Originally posted by bill718
    This is a useless exercise. Guns are so much a part of life in America that few people give it a 2nd thought, no matter how many killings there are.
    Did you see the irony in your sentence?
  13. Joined
    22 Jun '08
    Moves
    23 Jan '13 04:47
    Originally posted by Eladar
    He may be on the bandwagon, but he hasn't actually done anything that would create gun control. Obama has done nothing. No harm, no foul.
    Obama plays the crowd, fence sitting window dresser.. :-)

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree