1. Standard membersasquatch672
    Don't Like It Leave
    Walking the earth.
    Moves
    05 Nov '12 22:48
    Originally posted by PsychoPawn
    So you said that you don't post anything without proof.

The title of your thread is "Obama abandons victims of hurricane Sandy"

Then you said that you don't need proof that he did or didn't.

Do you or do you not have proof that Obama has abandoned the victims of hurricane Sandy? If you don't then you obviously do post without proof.
    Those folks feel abandoned. So I suppose I'm answering your earlier question. Yes, someone in a disaster zone, with no agenda, asking for help, saying they were abandoned, I suppose I take that person's word for it.
  2. Joined
    03 Feb '07
    Moves
    05 Nov '12 23:03
    Originally posted by sasquatch672
    Those folks there are pretty convinced they've been abandoned. I don't need proof that he did or didn't, and really, neither do you. Those people need proof that they haven't been abandoned.
    You mean the people in that video?
  3. Standard membersasquatch672
    Don't Like It Leave
    Walking the earth.
    Moves
    05 Nov '12 23:05
    Originally posted by Kunsoo
    You mean the people in that video?
    Jesus. The ones standing on your head. Yes, the people and Democrat voters in that video.
  4. Joined
    03 Feb '07
    Moves
    05 Nov '12 23:11
    Jesus. The ones standing on your head. Yes, the people and Democrat voters in that video.
    Yeah, they're people who are in dire straights among thousands of others, in communities up and down the coast. The government can't get to all of them at once, and of course that video isn't noting the thousands of people who have already been helped out. Part of the difficult problem of crisis management is resource allocation and prioritization. Not everybody is going to be happy about those choices. The question is whether you have any criticisms beyond the subjective experiences of these people - who wouldn't be served at all by the federal government if Romney and other Republicans had their way. They went in for the biggest bang for the buck and are working their way to the next priority. If you believe that these people should have been served first, and, for instance, the Hoboken people should have had to wait, then make the argument. But that such a huge crisis doesn't all get fixed up in a day isn't any indication of failure. And what these people "feel" has nothing to do with whether the resources were allocated appropriately. What specifically is your criticism?

You don't have one. You have people complaining, and you know that makes for a good political show.
  5. Standard membersasquatch672
    Don't Like It Leave
    Walking the earth.
    Moves
    05 Nov '12 23:17
    Originally posted by Kunsoo
    Yeah, they're people who are in dire straights among thousands of others, in communities up and down the coast. The government can't get to all of them at once, and of course that video isn't noting the thousands of people who have already been helped out. Part of the difficult problem of crisis management is resource allocation and prioritization. Not eve ...[text shortened]... e one. You have people complaining, and you know that makes for a good political show.
    There are still millions without power. FEMA failed to anticipate the need for drinking water, and so put a rush order for 2.3 million gallons in. However, once it arrives to the distribution center, they have no idea how they're going to get it to people. There are still massive gas shortages. There's a tremendous amount of failure in the response at all levels of government to Sandy.
  6. Houston, Texas
    Moves
    07 Nov '12 07:52
    There are still millions without power. FEMA failed to anticipate the need for drinking water, and so put a rush order for 2.3 million gallons in. However, once it arrives to the distribution center, they have no idea how they're going to get it to people. There are still massive gas shortages. There's a tremendous amount of failure in the response at all levels of government to Sandy.
    What a joke of a post.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree