1. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    17 Feb '11 03:233 edits
    No, no, I'm not talking about the courts throwing out Obamacare......yet anyway. What I am talking about is the moratorium on drilling that the Obama Administration began after the BP disaster. Judge Martin Feidman held the Obama Administration in contempt of court for refusing to obey an order lifting the Gulf drilling moratorium.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Interior Department regulators acted with "determined disregard" by lifting and reinstating a series of policy changes that restricted offshore drilling, following the worst offshore oil spill in US history, US District Judge Martin Feldmanof New Orleans ruled yesterday.

"Each step the government took following the court's imposition of a preliminary injunction showcases its defiance," Feldman said in the ruling.

"Such dismissive conduct, viewed in tandem with the re-imposition of a second blanket and substantively identical moratorium and in light of the national importance of this case, provide this court with clear and convincing evidence of the government's contempt," Feldman said.

http://www.examiner.com/conservative-in-spokane/obama-administration-found-contempt-of-court-over-drilling-moratorium

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

So what say you? What will be the next move or can the Obama Administration simply continue to ignore any and all federal court rulings with impunity?

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree