1. The Catbird's Seat
    Moves
    23 Aug '11 01:46
    Originally posted by no1marauder
    Utter nonsense. From the link I provided of the book you keep talking about:

While nobody mistook Wall Street banks for charity organizations, the degree to which these firms embraced and facilitated corrupt mortgage lending was stunning. Their greed and self-interest took the mortgage mania to heights (or depths, depending on your view) it could not ...[text shortened]... ms would also push the nation's economy into its most serious recession in more than 75 years.
    I read all of that.

Wall Street would never have had the opportunities with Fannie. Wall Street makes money on financial transactions. It's what they do. If you expect wolves not to eat sheep, the sheep had better be fenced in and well guarded.

Fannie led the wolves to the sheep, and provided a blood trail to do it.

This all started from the mistaken notion that "everyone ought to be able to enjoy home ownership".
  2. Standard memberAThousandYoung
    Shoot the Squatters?
    tinyurl.com/43m7k8bw
    Moves
    23 Aug '11 01:51
    Originally posted by normbenign
    I read all of that.

Wall Street would never have had the opportunities with Fannie. Wall Street makes money on financial transactions. It's what they do. If you expect wolves not to eat sheep, the sheep had better be fenced in and well guarded.

This all started from the mistaken notion that "everyone ought to be able to enjoy home ownership".
    That notion is not mistaken.
  3. Standard memberno1marauder
    Naturally Right
    Somewhere Else
    Moves
    23 Aug '11 02:11
    Originally posted by normbenign
    I read all of that.

This is ridiculous; your own source says what you are saying is nonsense.
  4. Joined
    22 Jun '08
    Moves
    25 Aug '11 04:14
    Originally posted by badmoon
    I will say that historically he is one of the most significant presidents.
    yes anyone that can get a Nobel Peace prize for nothing must have some secret...
    significant in that he has done literally nothing he said he would do,, yes, that is significant..I'm still waiting for his open dialoge witrh Iran,,,?
  5. Joined
    03 Feb '07
    Moves
    25 Aug '11 05:22
    Originally posted by Hugh Glass
    yes anyone that can get a Nobel Peace prize for nothing must have some secret...
    significant in that he has done literally nothing he said he would do,, yes, that is significant..I'm still waiting for his open dialoge witrh Iran,,,?
    Well then, why are Republicans trying to hard to overturn health care reform?
  6. Joined
    22 Jun '08
    Moves
    25 Aug '11 06:17
    Originally posted by Kunsoo
    Well then, why are Republicans trying to hard to overturn health care reform?
    because it's an albatross? I love Pelosis quote, "we have to pass it before we can see what's in it" honestly, where do these people come from..proof that if you have enough money, any idiot can get in...
    further proof, Obama figures he needs a a billion dollars to get re-elected, funny how record and merit won't cut it hey?
    God Bless America, and save us from this whacko...

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree