1. Germany
    Moves
    02 Aug '09 18:37
    Originally posted by FMF
    Well, I suppose this is you laying your political cards on the table. The most corrupt and least democratic PM and administration in Western Europe. You pick it out and aplaud it. Wow.
    His coalition partners of the Lega Nord are even funnier.
  2. Hy-Brasil
    Moves
    02 Aug '09 19:02
    Originally posted by generalissimo
    that was an example.

you can't judge people based solely on the people he hangs around with, plus it is irrelevant, the president is there to do his job and should be judged on that, not his personal life.
    I beg to differ. It is not irrelevant.
    This observation is not based solely on who he "hangs around with". Its coupled with Speeches,interviews,and books written by Obama.As well as his current behavior as president.
    If I were seen on a daily basis for 25 years,in little Italy,hanging out w/ the wise guys out in front of the shop,it would be safe to assume I was involved w/them,likely one of them, and be under survalience by the FBI.
    Listen closely to his rhetoric. Study his background.Who molded him?Who were his mentors? Who is he closely associated with for decades?What type of people does he now surround himself with? The answers to all those questions point to the fact this man is a radical and dangerous to this country and a free peoples way of life.
  3. Joined
    17 Jun '09
    Moves
    02 Aug '09 19:25
    not really.

berlusconi is known for his extra-marital adventures, but still, he's doing a reasonable job as prime-minister.
    "extra-marital adventures", isn't exactly murder, if you can't trust him in his "personal life" then you can't trust him to do his job.
  4. Pepperland
    Moves
    03 Aug '09 15:13
    Originally posted by FMF
    Well, I suppose this is you laying your political cards on the table. The most corrupt and least democratic PM and administration in Western Europe. You pick it out and aplaud it. Wow.
    he may be corrupt, and have links to the mafia, but still, he is doing a good job, and he is popular among the majority of italians.

I don't see any problem with that.
  5. Pepperland
    Moves
    03 Aug '09 15:14
    Originally posted by daniel58
    "extra-marital adventures", isn't exactly murder, if you can't trust him in his "personal life" then you can't trust him to do his job.
    are you saying Obama is a murderer?
  6. Pepperland
    Moves
    03 Aug '09 15:241 edit
    Originally posted by utherpendragon
    I beg to differ. It is not irrelevant.
    This observation is not based solely on who he "hangs around with". Its coupled with Speeches,interviews,and books written by Obama.As well as his current behavior as president.
    If I were seen on a daily basis for 25 years,in little Italy,hanging out w/ the wise guys out in front of the shop,it would be safe to ...[text shortened]... o the fact this man is a radical and dangerous to this country and a free peoples way of life.
    Its coupled with Speeches,interviews,and books written by Obama.As well as his current behavior as president.

could you back this up with actual proof?
    was there any speech that endorsed rev.wright's views?
    have you read any of Obama's books? can you find any quotes that prove he is an extremist?

as for his current behavior, is he in any way influenced by rev.wright ot bill ayers, or any other loon? are his decisions "extremist" in any way?

radical and dangerous to this country and a free peoples way of life.

and yet he hasn't done anything that could be described as dangerous or extremist.

you're sounding very partisan utherpendragon, if I were you I'd do some reserach to back up my statements before embarrassing myself with baseless claims, like you did.
  7. Germany
    Moves
    03 Aug '09 15:29
    he may be corrupt, and have links to the mafia, but still, he is doing a good job, and he is popular among the majority of italians.

I don't see any problem with that.
    I suppose the one thing you could credit him with is that his governments have been relatively stable, for Italian standards.

However, it puzzles me how you cannot see "any problem" with being a corrupt crook.
  8. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    03 Aug '09 15:40
    Originally posted by KazetNagorra
    However, it puzzles me how you cannot see "any problem" with being a corrupt crook...
    ...who owns - what is it? - 75% of the mainstream mass media in Italy, or TV channels or whatever, and absolutely uses it as a political tool, hands on - disinformation and smearing of opponents and all, and who has rammed laws through parliament that retrospectively absolve the PM of crimes - a kind of manipulation of the rule of law that the Hugo Chavezes of this world must dream of. And yet he gets an endorsement from generalissimo?
  9. Pepperland
    Moves
    03 Aug '09 15:40
    I suppose the one thing you could credit him with is that his governments have been relatively stable, for Italian standards.

However, it puzzles me how you cannot see "any problem" with being a corrupt crook.

lets just say that I'd rather have berlusconi as a leader (because is he reasonably efficient and knowledgeable) than lula.
  10. Germany
    Moves
    03 Aug '09 15:42
    [b]

lets just say that I'd rather have berlusconi as a leader (because is he reasonably efficient and knowledgeable) than lula.[/b]
    But you would not rather have a decent leader?
  11. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    03 Aug '09 15:441 edit
    Generalissimo's use of the code word "efficient" probably alludes his his support and admiration for fascist dictators like Franco and Pinochet.
  12. Pepperland
    Moves
    03 Aug '09 16:22
    describe decent.

are you talking about his personal matters, or about his corruption?
  13. Pepperland
    Moves
    03 Aug '09 16:24
    Originally posted by FMF
    Generalissimo's use of the code word "efficient" probably alludes his his support and admiration for fascist dictators like Franco and Pinochet.
    baseless accusations.

The fact that I acknowledge their achievements doesn't necessarily mean I "support" them.
  14. Pepperland
    Moves
    03 Aug '09 16:26
    Originally posted by FMF
    ...who owns - what is it? - 75% of the mainstream mass media in Italy, or TV channels or whatever, and absolutely uses it as a political tool, hands on - disinformation and smearing of opponents and all, and who has rammed laws through parliament that retrospectively absolve the PM of crimes - a kind of manipulation of the rule of law that the Hugo Chavezes of this world must dream of. And yet he gets an endorsement from generalissimo?
    that is nothing compared to what chavez did.

berlusconi may control the media, but chavez controls the government, and he (as we have seen last week) doesn't hesitate to silence the media and his opponents.

italy is still a free country, unlike venezuela.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree