1. Standard membersasquatch672
    Don't Like It Leave
    Walking the earth.
    Moves
    24 Oct '13 18:23
    I confess. I'm enjoying the rolling disaster that is the Obamacare rollout. I'm having a hard time figuring out what I'm enjoying more: that the Democrat wall of silence is showing signs of cracking; that Kathleen Sebelius gave a speech at a party last night, instead of doing her job; that Obama gave out a phone number during a Rose Garden speech; that only three of the thirteen people - very average people, who would not normally have done anything to warrant a Rose Garden appearance, but who were chosen for their having hurdled a low bar indeed - actually completed the first step in Obamacare; that in many states the numbers of successful registrants are in the single digits; that the most optimistic projections of having Obamacare working are in the range of several months; or that today, many top Democrats are signaling their openness to the delay of the Individual Mandate, when two weeks ago those selfsame Democrats shut down the government over the Individual Mandate.

But I want to talk about accountability.

Fast and Furious: Attorney General Holder perjured himself, and was not even reprimanded.

Benghazi: No one of note fired. Blame laid at the feet of the dead Ambassador.

IRS: Lois Lerner allowed to retire with full benefits.

Obamacare: $493 million spent before October 1st for a website that does not function. No one fired.

Twitter: Staffer calls Valerie Jarrett a vacuous cipher. Fired. (Note: I met this clown once. He is an asshat.)

So, what's the message here? If I'm Obama, and you agree with me, don't worry kid, you're protected? As long as you spout the party line, you can do no professional wrong?

Isn't that kind of like, mmm, I dunno, the Communist Party?
  2. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    24 Oct '13 18:54
    Originally posted by sasquatch672
    I confess. I'm enjoying the rolling disaster that is the Obamacare rollout. I'm having a hard time figuring out what I'm enjoying more: that the Democrat wall of silence is showing signs of cracking; that Kathleen Sebelius gave a speech at a party last night, instead of doing her job; that Obama gave out a phone number during a Rose Garden speech; th ...[text shortened]... u can do no professional wrong?

This just shows how checks and balances have deteriorated within the system. It could just as easily be Romney in there not being held accountable.

I'm reminded of Nixon. He paid the ultimate price for obtaining private information in Watergate. However, the President today obtains private information from everyone in the world. No one blinks.

This is what happens with a centralized Leviathan. It just increases in power and then use this power to crush its adversaries.

Now if you will excuse me, I need to plan to get audited.
  3. Joined
    29 Dec '08
    Moves
    24 Oct '13 20:17
    I confess. I'm enjoying the rolling disaster that is the Obamacare rollout. I'm having a hard time figuring out what I'm enjoying more: that the Democrat wall of silence is showing signs of cracking; that Kathleen Sebelius gave a speech at a party last night, instead of doing her job; that Obama gave out a phone number during a Rose Garden speech; th ...[text shortened]... u can do no professional wrong?

This reminds me of the joke where two women are complaining about a meal.

"The food isn't very good."

"And the portions are so small."
  4. Standard memberbill718
    Enigma
    Seattle
    Moves
    24 Oct '13 23:39

I must admit this website situation has been pretty pathetic, and each day it's down, it becomes a bigger headache. It should be noted however that Obamacare is slowly becoming more popular despite all the website glitches.

http://xhamster.com/movies/1505975/sensual_lesbians_in_love_10.html

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/10/23/obamacare-poll_n_4149447.html

I would suggest, if this is happening despite all the techno glitches, popularity will rise even faster once they are solved. So please, don't start
    chilling the champagne just yet.

As far as those folks in back of President Obama during his speech, one could accuse President Bush 41, 43 and good old Ronnie Reagan of hand picking "average citizens" when it suited their ends also.

As far as your "accountablity" section goes, Bengahazi is old news. Keep it alive if you wish, but I don't think it will help you.

Lois Lerner: Please explain which law this person broke.

Obamacare: You may have a minor piont here, but no one has been fired...yet.

As far as "spouting the party line" I seem to recall the right wing doing the same thing about those "weapons of mass destruction" in Iraq. The only difference is, with the Democrats, we didn't send 4000+ brave Americans soldiers to die for THAT lie.

Yes Mr. Sasquatch, the Democrats are far from perfect, I'll admit. But considering the GOP's popularity is about the same as your average petty crimminal these days, the Democrats aren't looking too bad. 😏
  5. Houston, Texas
    Moves
    24 Oct '13 23:45

Benghazi!!
  6. Houston, Texas
    Moves
    24 Oct '13 23:46

Compare $0.493 Billion to the $24 Billion the Tea Party shutdown cost us.
  7. Hy-Brasil
    Moves
    24 Oct '13 23:48
    Originally posted by moon1969
    Compare $0.493 Billion to the $24 Billion the Tea Party shutdown cost us.
    Barry and Harry shut down the government.
  8. Houston, Texas
    Moves
    24 Oct '13 23:521 edit

You are so lost. A handful of Democrats who all voted for the ACA, and for the CR and debt ceiling without conditions on the ACA, now after the ACA is safe they make comments about delay of he mandate when they know a delay will never happen.

These are Democrats in more conservative states and districts. They make these comments to pander to the more conservative portion of their electorate. They know it can never happen.

They know Reid would never let such a bill go to the Senate Floor. They know there would never be 60 votes in the Senate to stop a Democrat filibuster. They know there would never be 67 votes in the Senate (or a super majority in the House) to override a Presidential veto.

These Democrats stood strong when it matter. And now they do what it takes to get reelected, and we want them to. Going for 60 seats in the Senate and control of the House in 2014.
  9. The Catbird's Seat
    Moves
    25 Oct '13 01:30
    Originally posted by bill718
    I must admit this website situation has been pretty pathetic, and each day it's down, it becomes a bigger headache. It should be noted however that Obamacare is slowly becoming more popular despite all the website glitches.

http://xhamster.com/movies/1505975/sensual_lesbians_in_love_10.html

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/10/23/obamacare-poll_n_4149 ...[text shortened]... ut the same as your average petty crimminal these days, the Democrats aren't looking too bad. 😏
    "It should be noted however that Obamacare is slowly becoming more popular despite all the website glitches."

With whom? How and why?
  10. The Catbird's Seat
    Moves
    25 Oct '13 01:32
    Benghazi!!
    Yeh, and Fast and Furious??
  11. Houston, Texas
    Moves
    25 Oct '13 01:421 edit
    Fast and Furious: Attorney General Holder perjured himself, and was not even reprimanded.
    Your post is really bunk. Each and every point you made. You are really slipping bad.

Holder was exonerated. After two years of continuous hearings and investigation, the House Republicans had nothing, much less a perjury case. Instead, a political witch-hunt attacking an honorable public servant.

I promise you if it so clear that Holder committed perjury, the House Republicans would have pursued a perjury case. They didn't.

Boehner should have reprimands Scum Issa.
  12. The Catbird's Seat
    Moves
    25 Oct '13 01:51
    Your post is really bunk. Each and every point you made. You are really slipping bad.

Holder was exonerated. After two years of continuous hearings and investigation, the House Republicans had nothing, much less a perjury case. Instead, a political witch-hunt attacking an honorable public servant.

I promise you if it so clear that Holder committed ...[text shortened]... ns would have pursued a perjury case. They didn't.

Boehner should have reprimands Scum Issa.
    At best Holder's ass was covered. Two federal law enforcement officers were shot to death with guns that BATF and the Justice Department "walked" across the border, ignoring law and protocols.

Before you go trying to make it harder for me to buy a firearm, how about holding your officials responsible for their actions. It is absolutely clear that BATF and Justice planned Fast and Furious, and it backfired. Top layer officials may have insulated themselves from direct connection, but the truth is that they either knew about it or they didn't. Either case is reprehensible, either they were clueless or corrupt. You pick!

Issa is an true American hero.
  13. Houston, Texas
    Moves
    25 Oct '13 10:121 edit
    Originally posted by normbenign
    "It should be noted however that Obamacare is slowly becoming more popular despite all the website glitches."

With whom? How and why?
    Gallup poll including latest Gallup poll show slow steady increase in popularity of the ACA.
  14. Houston, Texas
    Moves
    25 Oct '13 10:571 edit
    Originally posted by normbenign

With whom? How and why?
    Here is another recent poll showing a split but not the overwhelming anti-ACA the right-wingers like to claim.

Majority (53% ) favor ACA/Obamacare or say it doesn't go far enough. See questions 14-15 on page 6.

ACA/Obamacare?

Favor 41%
    Oppose, not liberal enough 12%
    Oppose, too liberal 38%

http://i2.cdn.turner.com/cnn/2013/images/10/21/rel12a.pdf
  15. Hy-Brasil
    Moves
    25 Oct '13 11:08
    Gallup poll including latest Gallup poll show slow steady increase in popularity of the ACA.
    the latest gullup poll you cite shows that aca is still un-"popular" (to use your word) with the majority of americans. and that shows a "slow steady increase" , as well.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree