1. Unknown Territories
    Moves
    12 Aug '16 16:49
    Originally posted by KazetNagorra
    ISIS is the Al-Qaeda branch in Iraq and Syria.

Even the most casual observer of conflicts in the Middle East knows that Al-Qaeda and ISIS are not only different organizations, but actually enemies. Until about two weeks ago the Al-Qaeda branch in the Levant was the al-Nusra Front, and they renamed themselves Jabhat Fateh al-Sham and cu ...[text shortened]... sted:

http://edition.cnn.com/2016/08/01/middleeast/al-nusra-rebranding-what-you-need-to-know/
    I'm reminded of the anecdotal yarn which had two fiercely competitive retail shops across the street from one another, waging sale wars, each under-cutting the other with lower prices, better deals.
    Even their going-out-of-business sales were aimed at diverting traffic from the other store.
    Only after both businesses where shuttered did the truth come out: the proprietors were brothers, who had been splitting the spoils the entire time.
  2. Cape Town
    Moves
    12 Aug '16 16:50
    Originally posted by FreakyKBH
    Plainly, logic is not your strong suit.
    Coming from flat earther, that insult just doesn't bite.

Logic demands a fifth option:
    5. Stand by the article.

Which is essentially 1 through 4, and it is what he chose.
  3. Account suspended
    Moves
    12 Aug '16 16:508 edits
    ISIS is the Al-Qaeda branch in Iraq and Syria.

Even the most casual observer of conflicts in the Middle East knows that Al-Qaeda and ISIS are not only different organizations, but actually enemies. Until about two weeks ago the Al-Qaeda branch in the Levant was the al-Nusra Front, and they renamed themselves Jabhat Fateh al-Sham and cu ...[text shortened]... sted:

http://edition.cnn.com/2016/08/01/middleeast/al-nusra-rebranding-what-you-need-to-know/
    The article that I cited was published in 2014 about the same time that Al Qaeda and the Islamic state of Iraq and Syria (ISIS) went their separate ways due to differing ideology Your claims of BS are unsubstantiated and uncorroborated on the basis that they are now different factions. Infact you have rather unwittingly confirmed the veracity of the article because the reference that you cite clearly demonstrates that Al Qaeda and the Islamic state were clearly aligned at a particular point in time.

Mostafa Mahamed, one of the group's leaders, says that prior to the split al-Nusra "was an official branch of al Qaeda. We reported to their central command and we worked within their framework, we adhered to their policies. -

Syria had its own al-Qaeda group – Jabhat al-Nusra – which violently objected to the takeover (By the Islamic State and Baghdadi), and now remains loyal to Zawahiri(Al Qaeda) published in 2014

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/middleeast/iraq/10897392/Iraq-crisis-is-ISIS-part-of-al-Qaeda.html
  4. Account suspended
    Moves
    12 Aug '16 16:55
    Originally posted by twhitehead

[b]Logic demands a fifth option:
    5. Stand by the article.

Which is essentially 1 through 4, and it is what he chose.[/b]
    You were taken apart and put back together again like Humpty Dumpty, oh wait he couldn't be put back together again. oops, oh well, too bad for you.
  5. Account suspended
    Moves
    12 Aug '16 17:29
    where does Islamic state get its ideology?

For their guiding principles, the leaders of the Islamic State ... are open and clear about their almost exclusive commitment to the Wahhabi movement of Sunni Islam. The group circulates images of Wahhabi religious textbooks from Saudi Arabia in the schools it controls. Videos from the group's territory have shown Wahhabi texts plastered on the sides of an official missionary van.

— David D. Kirkpatrick, The New York Times

Saudi where? Arabia? nooooooooo!
  6. Cape Town
    Moves
    12 Aug '16 19:022 edits
    Is this you Robbie?

YouTube
  7. Unknown Territories
    Moves
    12 Aug '16 19:07

[b]Logic demands a fifth option:
    5. Stand by the article.

Which is essentially 1 through 4, and it is what he chose.[/b]
    Apparently you struggle with comprehension as well--- even your own words, no less.
    You can continue to throw up the shape of the earth (for which you have no foundation for your belief, nor a model with which to argue against mine) as your get-out-of-jail-free card for any and all items which you are called out upon, but you simply cannot combat truth no matter what corner it fights from.
  8. Account suspended
    Moves
    12 Aug '16 19:25
    Is this you Robbie?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=638fOuus_Os
    No this is my channel, MSK Chess

YouTube
  9. Cape Town
    Moves
    12 Aug '16 19:30
    Originally posted by FreakyKBH
    Apparently you struggle with comprehension as well--- even your own words, no less.
    You can continue to throw up the shape of the earth (for which you have no foundation for your belief, nor a model with which to argue against mine) as your get-out-of-jail-free card for any and all items which you are called out upon, but you simply cannot combat truth no matter what corner it fights from.
    Sorry, but coming from a flat earther, those statements just fall flat on their face.

Your flat earth beliefs do provide a rock solid get-out-of-jail-free card for any of your attempts at claiming superiority in logic, common sense or just about anything.

The same applies to Robbie and his YEC beliefs. He simply cannot say 'lets use the scientific method' and expect us not to collapse on the floor in a fit of laughter.
  10. Account suspended
    Moves
    12 Aug '16 19:412 edits
    Sorry, but coming from a flat earther, those statements just fall flat on their face.

Your flat earth beliefs do provide a rock solid get-out-of-jail-free card for any of your attempts at claiming superiority in logic, common sense or just about anything.

The same applies to Robbie and his YEC beliefs. He simply cannot say 'lets use the scientific method' and expect us not to collapse on the floor in a fit of laughter.
    Ummmm I don't profess belief in a young earth. You must of have me confused with someone else.
  11. Joined
    07 Dec '05
    Moves
    13 Aug '16 13:56
    Do you disagree that it is BS? If so, you have provided nothing. I am not annoyed, just laughing at your hypocrisy.
    I wasn't the person Kazet was responding to. I am just pointing out that kazet has a pattern of doing that because he has done it many times to me. I have not.

http://www.infowars.com/so-whos-the-real-founder-of-isis/
  12. Germany
    Moves
    13 Aug '16 14:24
    Originally posted by Metal Brain
    I wasn't the person Kazet was responding to. I am just pointing out that kazet has a pattern of doing that because he has done it many times to me. I have not.

http://www.infowars.com/so-whos-the-real-founder-of-isis/
    You can't both cite infowars.com and be upset you aren't being taken seriously.
  13. Joined
    07 Dec '05
    Moves
    15 Aug '16 18:52
    You can't both cite infowars.com and be upset you aren't being taken seriously.
    Who said I was upset I was not being taken seriously? I was not me you responded to with nothing to debate. I am upset you do not debate on the debate forums like you are expected to, nothing more.
    What is wrong with the infowars link I provided? It contains relevant and factual information. You are again avoiding a debate.

https://yourlogicalfallacyis.com/ad-hominem
  14. Germany
    Moves
    15 Aug '16 20:26
    Originally posted by Metal Brain
    Who said I was upset I was not being taken seriously? I was not me you responded to with nothing to debate. I am upset you do not debate on the debate forums like you are expected to, nothing more.
    What is wrong with the infowars link I provided? It contains relevant and factual information. You are again avoiding a debate.

https://yourlogicalfallacyis.com/ad-hominem
    What's wrong with Mein Kampf? I'll admit I never read it, but I know enough about the writer and his reputation to know that there isn't much in the way of "relevant and factual information" in there.
  15. Joined
    07 Dec '05
    Moves
    16 Aug '16 19:00
    What's wrong with Mein Kampf? I'll admit I never read it, but I know enough about the writer and his reputation to know that there isn't much in the way of "relevant and factual information" in there.
    Paul Joseph Watson is actually a very reputable reporter no matter what you think. Are you going to watch it and debate or flop around mindlessly?

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree