1. Joined
    04 Feb '05
    Moves
    04 Feb '14 15:49
    Originally posted by sasquatch672
    No, I have bought things that were made in other countries. But I'm not the US government.

You're oversimplifying the issue, to say the least. The American government should hire Americans wherever and whenever possible. It was certainly possible in this case. Surely, somewhere, Americans could have been found to perform work this cocked-up.
    my salary as a programmer with 5 year experience is about 2000$ per month in romania and it is considered above average. many good developers earn even less.

indian developers (very good as well). can undercut even that.

can you live of a salary of less than 2000 $ when you probably have a zillion student loans to pay, or a mortgage or both? so don't find surprising the fact that the american government decides to go for the lowest bidder.
  2. Standard memberno1marauder
    Naturally Right
    Somewhere Else
    Moves
    04 Feb '14 15:52
    You're an extremely smart guy. No one who's read you consistently would dispute that. Why are you so trusting of this government? Because your ideologies align? You can't call yourself non-partisan. Have you ever stopped to think about your own devotion to this government? Are you doing your duty as a citizen to question government?
    My "devotion" is to the facts. I have no great love for this government; I didn't vote for Obama in either 2008 or 2012. I'd even prefer that the US NOT outsource jobs on government contracts. However, that is a long way from ridiculous claims of "treason" merely because this government did what it is apparently required to do by law i.e. allow any company to bid on a contract. In point of fact, this company isn't even a foreign company (never mind a foreign government as you claimed).

So really where is the shocking scandal?
  3. Garner, NC
    Moves
    04 Feb '14 17:49
    Originally posted by Zahlanzi
    my salary as a programmer with 5 year experience is about 2000$ per month in romania and it is considered above average. many good developers earn even less.

indian developers (very good as well). can undercut even that.

can you live of a salary of less than 2000 $ when you probably have a zillion student loans to pay, or a mortgage or both? so don't find surprising the fact that the american government decides to go for the lowest bidder.
    I suspect that a lot of the same people that will blast corporations for outsourcing jobs will defend the US government doing the same.
  4. Account suspended
    Moves
    04 Feb '14 20:27

This post is unavailable.

Please refer to our posting guidelines.

5. Account suspended
    Moves
    04 Feb '14 20:47

This post is unavailable.

Please refer to our posting guidelines.

6. Standard memberbill718
    Enigma
    Seattle
    Moves
    05 Feb '14 01:481 edit
    You've got to be freaking kidding me. Obama should be tried for treason.

EDIT: It's not funny anymore. Impeach, remove, and imprison Obama.

http://freebeacon.com/the-belarusian-connection/

Click here to print.
    The Belarusian Connection
    Obamacare network vulnerable to cyber attack

Belarusian President Alexander Lukashenko with Russian ...[text shortened]... rk addresses to mask the data diversion through numerous Internet hubs around the world.

R...
    The Chinese manufacture a huge percentage of our consumer goods, and your complaining about one website?? Yup....it's a hanging offence I tell you!!😠😠😠
  7. Joined
    04 Feb '05
    Moves
    05 Feb '14 09:28
    The post that was quoted here has been removed
    the software industry is misogynistic.

thankfully, the company i work at doesn't have such problems or if there are, they are not apparent. my manager is a woman and is the best boss i ever had.
  8. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    08 Feb '14 18:02
    Originally posted by bill718
    The Chinese manufacture a huge percentage of our consumer goods, and your complaining about one website?? Yup....it's a hanging offence I tell you!!😠😠😠
    You'd think that the Obama Administration would want to create jobs for the US. Let's see what they've done: outsourced to an incompetent Canadian company and now to Belarus.

Leftists at this site think that it is great!

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree