Please turn on javascript in your browser to play chess.
Debates Forum

Debates Forum

  1. 10 Aug '13 05:38
    WASHINGTON (AP) — President Barack Obama says National Security Agency leaker Edward Snowden is not a patriot for revealing widespread government surveillance programs.

    http://www.chron.com/news/politics/article/Obama-NSA-leaker-Edward-Snowden-not-a-patriot-4720999.php
  2. 10 Aug '13 16:47
    Originally posted by moon1969
    WASHINGTON (AP) — President Barack Obama says National Security Agency leaker Edward Snowden is not a patriot for revealing widespread government surveillance programs.

    http://www.chron.com/news/politics/article/Obama-NSA-leaker-Edward-Snowden-not-a-patriot-4720999.php
    Why do you allow Obama to define who/what a patriot is? I find pretty much everything Obama says laughable.
  3. 10 Aug '13 19:12
    'Patriotism is the last refuge of a scoundrel.'
    --Samuel Johnson (as reported by James Boswell)
  4. 10 Aug '13 20:47
    Originally posted by moon1969
    WASHINGTON (AP) — President Barack Obama says National Security Agency leaker Edward Snowden is not a patriot for revealing widespread government surveillance programs.

    http://www.chron.com/news/politics/article/Obama-NSA-leaker-Edward-Snowden-not-a-patriot-4720999.php
    This is like Hitler declaring Rommel is not a patriot.

    Hilarious.
  5. 11 Aug '13 01:13 / 1 edit
    Originally posted by Eladar
    Why do you allow Obama to define who/what a patriot is? I find pretty much everything Obama says laughable.
    While I agree with Obama, and he is the leader of our country, no one has a right to define anything, but do have a right to make an assertion.

    Interestingly, it is not Obama, but the vast majority of the Republican leadership who have been the most strenuous is asserting that that Snowden is not a patriot.
  6. 11 Aug '13 15:49
    Originally posted by moon1969
    While I agree with Obama, and he is the leader of our country, no one has a right to define anything, but do have a right to make an assertion.

    Interestingly, it is not Obama, but the vast majority of the Republican leadership who have been the most strenuous is asserting that that Snowden is not a patriot.
    True Democrats like Jimmy Carter defend Snowden. DINOs (democrats in name only) don't.

    http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/07/18/jimmy-carter-edward-snowden_n_3616930.html

    Obama is a republican in sheep's clothing. So was Bill Clinton. Actually Bush and Obama are both fascists in reality.
  7. 11 Aug '13 15:57
    Originally posted by moon1969
    While I agree with Obama, and he is the leader of our country, no one has a right to define anything, but do have a right to make an assertion.

    Interestingly, it is not Obama, but the vast majority of the Republican leadership who have been the most strenuous is asserting that that Snowden is not a patriot.
    If the Democrat and Republicans assert Snowden is not a patriot then he probably is. Without a free press, it is insiders like Snowden that the public can get the scoop on what is going on. While I don't agree all government secrets should be known to the public, anything that undermines our society and the principals this country was founded on should be let out of the bag.
  8. 11 Aug '13 16:04
    We have fascism in the USA. Major General Smedley D. Butler Exposed an attempted Fascist Coup in US in 1934. What they failed to do back then they have done covertly recently. Obama is a fascist just like Bush.

    http://www.indybay.org/newsitems/2009/11/08/18628134.php

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7RD-ISImWgw
  9. 11 Aug '13 18:40
    Originally posted by moon1969
    While I agree with Obama, and he is the leader of our country, no one has a right to define anything, but do have a right to make an assertion.

    Interestingly, it is not Obama, but the vast majority of the Republican leadership who have been the most strenuous is asserting that that Snowden is not a patriot.
    I think you give politicians too much credit and authority.
  10. 11 Aug '13 21:18
    Originally posted by Metal Brain
    We have fascism in the USA. Major General Smedley D. Butler Exposed an attempted Fascist Coup in US in 1934. What they failed to do back then they have done covertly recently. Obama is a fascist just like Bush.

    http://www.indybay.org/newsitems/2009/11/08/18628134.php

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7RD-ISImWgw
    You are correct. He is far right with the cover of left.