Obamacare becoming more popular

Obamacare becoming more popular

Debates

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

n

The Catbird's Seat

Moves
24 Oct 13

Originally posted by bill718
Eladar- Give it up. You can nit pick all you want, but Obamacare will continue to gain in popularity, and no amount of debating points you might score here is going to change that. So please, find something else to babble about.
Yup people like paying higher rates, with huge deductibles, and not being able to compare or shop because the website is down. I'll be curious to seen if there aren't more uninsured after the first year of the ACA than before it.

E

Moves
24 Oct 13

Originally posted by normbenign
Yup people like paying higher rates, with huge deductibles, and not being able to compare or shop because the website is down. I'll be curious to seen if there aren't more uninsured after the first year of the ACA than before it.
You might be interested in this: http://www.weeklystandard.com/blogs/millions-americans-are-losing-their-health-plans-because-obamacare_764602.html

E

Moves
24 Oct 13

Originally posted by USArmyParatrooper
You mean the insurance companies?
You can choose which company to get your insurance from. You can sue insurance companies.

You are stuck with only the government and judges are part of the government. Good luck getting a fair shake from the courts when it comes to the government. How many whistle blower get a fair shake?

You might get a court to side against an insurance company, you have no hope against the government.

Houston, Texas

Moves
24 Oct 13

The ACA will fail so badly, that Americans will revolt and probably demand a single payer plan. That was the plan from the beginning.
That would be a good outcome.

MB

Moves
28 Oct 13

The Obama administration has been accused of cronyism after it was revealed Michelle Obama's Princeton classmate is an executive at the company contracted to build the beleaguered Obamacare website.

Toni Townes-Whitley is senior vice president at CGI Federal, the U.S. arm of a Canadian company which won the no-bid contract for the problem-plagued website.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2477403/Michelle-Os-Princeton-classmate-exec-company-built-Obamacare-website.html

n

The Catbird's Seat

Moves
29 Oct 13

Originally posted by moon1969
That would be a good outcome.
The single payer will be just as pie in the sky as ACA or more so.

n

The Catbird's Seat

Moves
29 Oct 13

Originally posted by Metal Brain
The Obama administration has been accused of cronyism after it was revealed Michelle Obama's Princeton classmate is an executive at the company contracted to build the beleaguered Obamacare website.

Toni Townes-Whitley is senior vice president at CGI Federal, the U.S. arm of a Canadian company which won the no-bid contract for the problem-plagued webs ...[text shortened]... k/news/article-2477403/Michelle-Os-Princeton-classmate-exec-company-built-Obamacare-website.html
Does any new cronyism surprise anyone at this point?

Blade Runner

Republicants

Moves
29 Oct 13

Does any new cronyism surprise anyone at this point?
It has to be put into context. Compared to Cheney and Halliburton, this is cronyism we can live with.

Child of the Novelty

San Antonio, Texas

Moves
29 Oct 13

Originally posted by bill718
Despite all the whailing by the GOP, the general population is beginning to see Obamacare in a more positive way. I suspect this is because they notice a lowering of their healthcare costs, and the fact that those who were rejected for coverage, can now get coverage. This program has a long way to go of course, but if this trend continues, the GOP is going t ...[text shortened]... ow.
http://news.yahoo.com/support-u-healthcare-law-edges-despite-website-woes-140849492.html😏
Insurance co.'s are the only winners here. I was a lifelong Dem but have tossed my voter reg in the trash. Not affordable, not healthcare, just ins. policies with large deductibles. Total failure of the American political system. Even the sheeple have noticed. 😠😠

Houston, Texas

Moves
30 Oct 13

Originally posted by caissad4
Insurance co.'s are the only winners here. I was a lifelong Dem but have tossed my voter reg in the trash. Not affordable, not healthcare, just ins. policies with large deductibles. Total failure of the American political system. Even the sheeple have noticed. 😠😠
So wrong. I get a much better deal through the exchange (without a subsidy) than I did in the individual market. The plans on the exchange are perfect for me, and millions of other Americans.