Obamacare passed on a lie

Obamacare passed on a lie

Debates

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

K

Germany

Moves
18 Jul 10
1 edit

Originally posted by Eladar
The poor have other options, such as visiting an emergency room. I wish we could afford to have universal healthcare, but we can't. Medicine in the US is just too expensive. All Obama is doing is running this country into the ground. Most Americans know this. I can't wait for the next election.
What is it that makes medicine so expensive in the U.S. compared to other rich countries?

Naturally Right

Somewhere Else

Moves
18 Jul 10

Originally posted by whodey
http://gopleader.gov/Blog/?CatagoryID=3739

House Republican Leader John Boehner, in a meeting with President Obama and Congressional leaders at the White House today, asked President Obama to provide the American people with a progress report on the implementation of his Executive Order which proports to ban taxpayer-funding of abortions. Health and Human ...[text shortened]... d as the federal government continues on its merry way unaccountable and untouchable.
The subsidies won't go into effect until 2014 so there is no reason to craft an Executive Order NOW which prohibits the use of subsidy money for abortions.

This is yet another example of whodey either being easily mislead or completely dishonest.

w

Moves
18 Jul 10

Originally posted by FMF
Why is it that some people like you insist on spreading the lie that the health reform passed this year in the U.S. is "universal healthcare"?
If not, who then will be turned down?

w

Moves
18 Jul 10
1 edit

Originally posted by no1marauder
The subsidies won't go into effect until 2014 so there is no reason to craft an Executive Order NOW which prohibits the use of subsidy money for abortions.

This is yet another example of whodey either being easily mislead or completely dishonest.
I see, so the administration is going to wait until the last possible minute to create the executive order? Why would they do such a thing when they know what a controversial issue this is? In short, why wait at all?

w

Moves
18 Jul 10

Originally posted by KazetNagorra
What is it that makes medicine so expensive in the U.S. compared to other rich countries?
How is Obamacare going to takle this problem?

Naturally Right

Somewhere Else

Moves
18 Jul 10

I see, so the administration is going to wait until the last possible minute to create the executive order? Why would they do such a thing when they know what a controversial issue this is? In short, why wait at all?
There's nothing "controversial" about it; it was agreed to as part of the bill. It would be idiotic to craft Executive Orders which will not go into effect for 3 1/2 to 4 years.

There's no big conspiracy and certainly no lie no matter what your right wing blog sites say. Stepak and others voted for the bill with the understanding that an implementing Executive Order would be declared at an appropriate time which is what will be done. I don't see any of the anti-abortion Democrats who voted for the bill complaining only Republicans who voted against it.

Like soooooooooooooooo many of your threads, there's nothing of substance here except you making a completely false claim but that's utterly typical of your work product on this forum.

F

Moves
18 Jul 10

If not, who then will be turned down?
Ask Hugh Glass, he posts on just this issue quite frequently.

The U.K. , for instance, has universal healthcare.

w

Moves
18 Jul 10
1 edit

Originally posted by no1marauder
There's nothing "controversial" about it; it was agreed to as part of the bill. It would be idiotic to craft Executive Orders which will not go into effect for 3 1/2 to 4 years.

There's no big conspiracy and certainly no lie no matter what your right wing blog sites say. Stepak and others voted for the bill with the understanding that an g a completely false claim but that's utterly typical of your work product on this forum.
Why wasn't it included in the bill? Why must we wait for an executive order? My guess is that it will either never come OR some president down the road can overturn it.

w

Moves
18 Jul 10

Originally posted by FMF
Ask Hugh Glass, he posts on just this issue quite frequently.

The U.K. , for instance, has universal healthcare.
You made the comment that a "lie" was being propogated that Obamacare is not universal care, so I will ask again, who will not be covered?

Naturally Right

Somewhere Else

Moves
18 Jul 10

Why wasn't it included in the bill? Why must we wait for an executive order? My guess is that it will either never come OR some president down the road can overturn it.
The Administration said no explicit wording was necessary in the health care legislation as the Hyde Amendment already bars Federal funds from being used to pay for abortion. Stupak offered an amendment to the health care bill which would have added such an explicit (and unnecessary provision) but in the final negotiations agreed to withdraw it if an Executive Order was promulgated to the effect that the health care bill didn't allow funding for abortions. That's what happened and Stupak, if not you, is apparently satisfied:

Stupak, however, questioned the motivations of the Obama administration’s critics, accusing some pro-life groups of “politicizing life issues in an effort to undermine health-care reform.”

“The president’s executive order makes clear that federal funds may not be used for abortion under the Affordable Care Act — including the pre-existing condition insurance pools currently being implemented in Pennsylvania and states across the country,” said the statement released by Stupak’s office.

“In accordance with the executive order, the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services has directed states that federal funds provided under health-care reform may not be used to fund abortion,” the statement continued. “HHS has reiterated this policy in response to the current accusations from the National Right to Life Committee.”

http://www.ncregister.com/register_exclusives/taxpayers_now_foot_bill_for_abortions/

So the entire premise of your argument i.e. that Stupak and other anti-abortion Democrats wouldn't have voted for the bill if they had known how the Administration would subsequently proceed is false. If you had pretensions of being honest, you'd withdraw the claim.

K

Germany

Moves
18 Jul 10

How is Obamacare going to takle this problem?
Your question is irrelevant to mine.