1. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    03 Nov '14 14:441 edit
    Originally posted by KazetNagorra
    What did I or the authors of the article "presume with certainty"?
    "Recent national surveys seem to confirm this presumption"

The words "seem to" and "certainty" do not mix.
  2. Germany
    Moves
    03 Nov '14 16:47
    Originally posted by whodey
    "Recent national surveys seem to confirm this presumption"

The words "seem to" and "certainty" do not mix.
    So... what did I or the authors of the article "presume with certainty"?
  3. The Catbird's Seat
    Moves
    03 Nov '14 16:53
    Originally posted by no1marauder
    It would probably be a very good thing for the economy if we got away from the perverse system where employers provide health insurance.
    It might surprise you, but I agree. The problem is that it may be too late to return to a market based system, which is what we had when most health insurance and other payments came from consumers.

Higher marginal tax rates for individuals made fringe benefits attractive to both employees and employers, but all third party payor systems remove consumer pressure from producers.
  4. The Catbird's Seat
    Moves
    03 Nov '14 16:57
    Originally posted by KazetNagorra
    Up to 20 million people have gained coverage due to the ACA; the CBO projects that the figure is around 12 million, while polling suggests that 5 to 9 million people have gained insurance due to the ACA, with the percentage of uninsured people dropping from 18% to 13%.

Source: http://www.nejm.org/doi/full/10.1056/NEJMhpr1405667
    Those numbers seem to be in absolutes, insured and uninsured. How many of the insured are insured at significantly poorer terms than before. And how many of the newly insured also are nearly as bad off as without any coverage?

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree