1. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    08 Sep '10 06:30
    As of a few minutes ago, I have now collected exactly 1,200 recordings of different concerts by a U.S. band called the Grateful Dead whose performing career ended in 1995. That's more or less 50% of all the shows they ever performed. By this time tomorrow the number will be about 1,208.

The question for debate is: does anyone have any similar compulsions or obsessions tomine in statistically comparable terms, sheer anorakery, thin air obscurity or extraordinary dedication?
  2. Cape Town
    Moves
    08 Sep '10 08:01
    Surely spending time in this forum beats that hands down?
  3. Joined
    30 Jan '09
    Moves
    08 Sep '10 08:542 edits
    Originally posted by FMF
    As of a few minutes ago, I have now collected exactly 1,200 recordings of different concerts by a U.S. band called the Grateful Dead whose performing career ended in 1995. That's more or less 50% of all the shows they ever performed. By this time tomorrow the number will be about 1,208.

The question for debate is: does anyone have any similar compulsions or o ...[text shortened]... tatistically comparable terms, sheer anorakery, thin air obscurity or extraordinary dedication?
    I collect post marks, beer mats, and old match boxes. Have thousands of each,and also am a compulsive train number spotter.
  4. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    08 Sep '10 09:05
    Originally posted by twhitehead
    Surely spending time in this forum beats that hands down?
    My Obsessive Poster Quotient (number of pages in my 'Public Forum Posts' divided by the number of months since I joined) is:

869 divided by (12 x 5) = 14.48

I think others will have a higher OPQ.

Yours twhitehead is 727/66 = 11.02

Anyone else?
  5. Donationrwingett
    Ming the Merciless
    Royal Oak, MI
    Moves
    08 Sep '10 10:19
    Originally posted by FMF

The question for debate is: does anyone have any similar compulsions or o ...[text shortened]... tatistically comparable terms, sheer anorakery, thin air obscurity or extraordinary dedication?
    I collect foreign currency. I have hundreds of banknotes filling eight binders, with between two and twenty banknotes from every country in the world.
  6. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    08 Sep '10 12:52
    Originally posted by rwingett
    I collect foreign currency. I have hundreds of banknotes filling eight binders, with between two and twenty banknotes from every country in the world.
    I go to work everyday so that I can collect American currency. I know it is basically worthless today but I enjoy its sentimental value for what it once represented. 😛
  7. Cape Town
    Moves
    08 Sep '10 13:54
    Originally posted by whodey
    I go to work everyday so that I can collect American currency. I know it is basically worthless today but I enjoy its sentimental value for what it once represented. 😛
    When the sentimental feelings pass, please pass it along to me.
  8. Joined
    13 Mar '07
    Moves
    08 Sep '10 14:03
    Writing tasting notes on every bottle of wine I drink.
  9. Joined
    18 May '09
    Moves
    09 Sep '10 08:42
    Originally posted by FMF

With an obsession like that it is no wonder your posts are so purile.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree