1. silicon valley
    Moves
    04 Feb '10 18:30
    http://www.dailyfinance.com/story/media/is-america-getting-over-keith-olbermann/19337944/

Is America Getting Over Keith Olbermann?
    By JEFF BERCOVICI Posted 5:57 PM 01/29/10

Ratings for Olbermann's Countdown have been soft recently, and the 8 p.m. shows on CNN and HLN have narrowed the gap. In the important demographic of adults 25 to 54 -- the group advertisers are looking to reach -- Countdown was down 44% year-over-year in January. It averaged 268,000 viewers in that demo, only 3,000 more than Nancy Grace's show on HLN, and 12,000 more than CNN's Campbell Brown. Fox News's O'Reilly Factor dominated the hour with 964,000 viewers age 25 to 54, and was the only cable news show in the time period to increase its audience, by 55%.

2. Germany
    Moves
    04 Feb '10 18:42
    That's a good reflection of shifts in the political spectrum.
  3. Standard memberSleepyguy
    Reepy Rastardly Guy
    Dustbin of history
    Moves
    04 Feb '10 18:51
    Originally posted by KazetNagorra
    That's a good reflection of shifts in the political spectrum.
    Or that Olberman is douche-bag nut case.
  4. Germany
    Moves
    04 Feb '10 18:55
    Originally posted by Sleepyguy
    Or that Olberman is douche-bag nut case.
    Wouldn't you expect O'Reilly's ratings to drop as well in that case?
  5. Standard memberSleepyguy
    Reepy Rastardly Guy
    Dustbin of history
    Moves
    04 Feb '10 19:02
    Um, no. But I'm not surprised that you would.
  6. Hy-Brasil
    Moves
    04 Feb '10 19:07
    No.O'Reilly is not a douche bag nut case, duh! 🙄
  7. Standard membersh76
    Civis Americanus Sum
    New York
    Moves
    04 Feb '10 19:18
    Originally posted by zeeblebot
    http://www.dailyfinance.com/story/media/is-america-getting-over-keith-olbermann/19337944/

Is America Getting Over Keith Olbermann?
    By JEFF BERCOVICI Posted 5:57 PM 01/29/10

Ratings for Olbermann's Countdown have been soft recently, and the 8 p.m. shows on CNN and HLN have narrowed the gap. In the important demographic of adults 25 to 54 -- th ...[text shortened]... nd was the only cable news show in the time period to increase its audience, by 55%.

Certainly, Olbermann built up his ratings when the country was angry at Bush. People were willing to watch anything, even if it came in the form of a talentless jerk like Olbermann, to get their anti-Bush fix. It's telling that even during that era, O'Reilly's numbers dwarfed his.

Now, that there's no longer a hate-Bush market, Olbermann's numbers, formerly propped up merely by his vitriol against Bush, have settled back to about what they should be... next to nothing.

I bet MSNBC is thrilled at having given him that long term deal. 😀
  8. Germany
    Moves
    04 Feb '10 20:02
    Originally posted by sh76
    Certainly, Olbermann built up his ratings when the country was angry at Bush. People were willing to watch anything, even if it came in the form of a talentless jerk like Olbermann, to get their anti-Bush fix. It's telling that even during that era, O'Reilly's numbers dwarfed his.

Now, that there's no longer a hate-Bush market, Olbermann's numbers, formerly ...[text shortened]... ... next to nothing.

I bet MSNBC is thrilled at having given him that long term deal. 😀
    It's actually pretty ironic that it's in MSNBC's interests that the Republicans are in power, yet they also have to bash them (vice versa for Fox, of course).
  9. Standard membersh76
    Civis Americanus Sum
    New York
    Moves
    04 Feb '10 20:56
    It's actually pretty ironic that it's in MSNBC's interests that the Republicans are in power, yet they also have to bash them (vice versa for Fox, of course).
    True. Rush Limbaugh made it big by going after Clinton.

I wonder if Sean Hannity secretly voted for Barack Obama.

Wouldn't shock me.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree