Ominus stuff

Ominus stuff

Debates

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

w

Moves
12 Jul 15

Has anyone else noticed that world events have begun to accelerate? Over the past few weeks things have started to get very weird. Chinese stocks are crashing, the Greek debt crisis is spiraling out of control, the New York Stock Exchange was down for about four hours on Wednesday thanks to a “technical glitch”, and global politicians have been acting strangely and more secretively than usual. After several years of relative calm, could it be possible that the second half of 2015 will usher in a time of chaos and confusion on a worldwide scale?

Here are a few recent developments:

#1 On Wednesday, the New York Stock Exchange, United Airlines and the Wall Street Journal were all taken down by unexpected “technical glitches“. Authorities are assuring us that hackers were not responsible for any of this.

#2 In China, a full-blown stock market crash is unfolding. The Shanghai Composite Index plummeted more than 30 percent in less than a month, and the Chinese version of the NASDAQ dropped by more than 40 percent. The amount of “paper wealth” that has been lost in China is 15 times greater than the GDP of Greece.

#3 Just the other day, hackers were able to hack into a German surface-to-air missile battery. They even caused the battery to carryout what the German military called “unexplained orders."

#4 Earlier this week, President Pinocchio told reports that “we’re speeding up training of ISIL forces.“

#5 Just a few days ago, the U.S. Mint announced that they were sold out of American Eagle silver coins on the exact same day that the price of silver hit a new low for 2015. How does that make any sense?

#6 A couple of weeks ago, the Anointed One issued 19 “secret directives.“ What is he planning, and why won’t he let the general public know about it?

#7 This week, Pope Francis called for the creation of “a new economic and ecological world order where the goods of the Earth are shared by everyone, not just exploited by the rich.” So exactly what would such a “world order” look like?

#8 The Greek people just overwhelmingly voted to reject austerity, so EU officials have responded by giving the Greek government a one week deadline to come to an agreement that will include even MORE austerity for the Greek people. If the Greek government does not submit, EU officials are threatening them with bankruptcy, the collapse of their banking system and expulsion from the euro.

Next week, on July 15th, a massive military exercise known as “Jade Helm” begins after months of secretive and not so secretive preparations. More than 1,000 members of the U.S. military will be taking part in drills that will be conducted in the states of Texas, Colorado, New Mexico, Arizona, Nevada, Utah, California, Mississippi and Florida.

Naturally Right

Somewhere Else

Moves
12 Jul 15

Originally posted by whodey
Has anyone else noticed that world events have begun to accelerate? Over the past few weeks things have started to get very weird. Chinese stocks are crashing, the Greek debt crisis is spiraling out of control, the New York Stock Exchange was down for about four hours on Wednesday thanks to a “technical glitch”, and global politicians have been acting strange ...[text shortened]... ates of Texas, Colorado, New Mexico, Arizona, Nevada, Utah, California, Mississippi and Florida.
It's the end of the world: Jesus and the holy host should be dropping by any day.

If it ends the Reds' season I'm all for it.

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
12 Jul 15

Originally posted by no1marauder
It's the end of the world: Jesus and the holy host should be dropping by any day.

If it ends the Reds' season I'm all for it.
Maybe, it's the New World Order or Disorder.

K

Germany

Moves
12 Jul 15

Has anyone else noticed that world events have begun to accelerate?
Yes, other crazy people.

d

Moves
12 Jul 15

Next week, on July 15th, a massive military exercise known as “Jade Helm” begins after months of secretive and not so secretive preparations. More than 1,000 members of the U.S. military will be taking part in drills that will be conducted in the states of Texas, Colorado, New Mexico, Arizona, Nevada, Utah, California, Mississippi and Florida.[/b]
So in a few days the states on the list will be swamped by as many as, eh, 140 military service men and women each.

Which should I worry about more, the 'secretive', or the 'not so secretive' preparations?

GENS UNA SUMUS

Moves
12 Jul 15

global politicians have been acting strangely and more secretively than usual.

I wonder how this can be measured? What is the benchmark?

r
Suzzie says Badger

is Racist Bastard

Moves
12 Jul 15

Has anyone else noticed that world events have begun to accelerate? Over the past few weeks things have started to get very weird. Chinese stocks are crashing, the Greek debt crisis is spiraling out of control, the New York Stock Exchange was down for about four hours on Wednesday thanks to a “technical glitch”, and global politicians have been acting strange ...[text shortened]... ates of Texas, Colorado, New Mexico, Arizona, Nevada, Utah, California, Mississippi and Florida.
sounds like every month somewhere, dark forces, Bilderbergers, Knights of St Columbus the Ancient order of knights of the garter all together chewing the fat.mmmm yup

Infidel

Moves
12 Jul 15

After several years of relative calm, could it be possible that the second half of 2015 will usher in a time of chaos and confusion on a worldwide scale?
Do you hope it will?

b
Enigma

Seattle

Moves
12 Jul 15
1 edit

#1 On Wednesday, the New York Stock Exchange, United Airlines and the Wall Street Journal were all taken down by unexpected “technical glitches“. Authorities are assuring us that hackers were not responsible for any of this.

#2 In China, a full-blown stock market crash is unfolding. The Shanghai Composite Index plummeted more than 30 percent in less than a month, and the Chinese version of the NASDAQ dropped by more than 40 percent. The amount of “paper wealth” that has been lost in China is 15 times greater than the GDP of Greece.

#3 Just the other day, hackers were able to hack into a German surface-to-air missile battery. They even caused the battery to carryout what the German military called “unexplained orders."

#4 Earlier this week, President Pinocchio told reports that “we’re speeding up training of ISIL forces.“

#5 Just a few days ago, the U.S. Mint announced that they were sold out of American Eagle silver coins on the exact same day that the price of silver hit a new low for 2015. How does that make any sense?

#6 A couple of weeks ago, the Anointed One issued 19 “secret directives.“ What is he planning, and why won’t he let the general public know about it?

#7 This week, Pope Francis called for the creation of “a new economic and ecological world order where the goods of the Earth are shared by everyone, not just exploited by the rich.” So exactly what would such a “world order” look like?

#8 The Greek people just overwhelmingly voted to reject austerity, so EU officials have responded by giving the Greek government a one week deadline to come to an agreement that will include even MORE austerity for the Greek people. If the Greek government does not submit, EU officials are threatening them with bankruptcy, the collapse of their banking system and expulsion from the euro.

Next week, on July 15th, a massive military exercise known as “Jade Helm” begins after months of secretive and not so secretive preparations. More than 1,000 members of the U.S. military will be taking part in drills that will be conducted in the states of Texas, Colorado, New Mexico, Arizona, Nevada, Utah, California, Mississippi and Florida.

***And if all this isn't scary enough, there is a very real chance I'll never get to have hot sex with Maria Sharapova...what's your point??

rain

Moves
12 Jul 15
1 edit

Whodey, how do you misspell ominous in the age of spell check? When I post on RHP from my laptop or from a desktop, there's a spellchecker; when I post from my phone it auto-corrects spelling errors. So, WTF? 'Ominus' isn't even a word that a phone could mistakenly auto-correct to.

w

Moves
12 Jul 15

Originally posted by vivify
Whodey, how do you misspell ominous in the age of spell check? When I post on RHP from my laptop or from a desktop, there's a spellchecker; when I post from my phone it auto-corrects spelling errors. So, WTF? 'Ominus' isn't even a word that a phone could mistakenly auto-correct to.
I don't cheat. If I misspell a word I don't wish to deceive people with spel chek. 😵

w

Moves
12 Jul 15

Originally posted by bill718

#2 In China, a full-blown stock market crash is unfolding. The Shanghai Composite Index plummeted more than 30 percent in less than ...[text shortened]... is a very real chance I'll never get to have hot sex with Maria Sharapova...what's your point??
Point? There is none.

Nothing to see here.

rain

Moves
12 Jul 15

I don't cheat. If I misspell a word I don't wish to deceive people with spel chek. 😵
Now that I think about it, that may not have really been a misspelling so much as it was a typo. So... sorry.

Moves
12 Jul 15
2 edits

You don't need a spell check, mate, you need a reality check.

w

Moves
12 Jul 15

Originally posted by Shallow Blue

You don't need a spell check, mate, you need a reality check.
Is that a computer program you are using?

Did you get it from the Obama White House?