1. Joined
    10 May '09
    Moves
    26 Feb '10 23:50
    The Women's hockey team beat team USA for Gold. I watched the game and as much as I wanted the US to win, it was a well played and well deserved win for the Canadians.

Aside from the Americans losing I was actually very happy it was the Canadians to take gold at home.

Ah! But the Olympic commission forgot one important fact. They're Canadian!

Nothing like celebrating winning Gold for your country by smoking cigars and drinking alcohol (underage!) on the ice.

http://sports.yahoo.com/olympics/vancouver/blog/fourth_place_medal/post/IOC-to-investigate-Canadian-women-s-hockey-team-?urn=oly,224338
  2. Joined
    08 Oct '08
    Moves
    27 Feb '10 00:13
    Originally posted by USArmyParatrooper
    The Women's hockey team beat team USA for Gold. I watched the game and as much as I wanted the US to win, it was a well played and well deserved win for the Canadians.

Aside from the Americans losing I was actually very happy it was the Canadians to take gold at home.

Ah! But the Olympic commission forgot one important fact. They're Canadia ...[text shortened]... r/blog/fourth_place_medal/post/IOC-to-investigate-Canadian-women-s-hockey-team-?urn=oly,224338
    It's not like they followed the example of the US men's team from 1998 and trashed their hotel room after the game.
  3. Joined
    10 May '09
    Moves
    27 Feb '10 01:59
    Originally posted by Melanerpes
    It's not like they followed the example of the US men's team from 1998 and trashed their hotel room after the game.
    Sorry, but underage teens smoking and getting smashed on the ice immediately following their win trumps getting rowdy at the hotel later on.

I'm not hating on them. I think it's hilarious.
  4. over your head
    Moves
    27 Feb '10 23:42
    pretty impressive celebrations,
    but what they really needed to do to smoke and drink while playing in the final,
    that would be ubercool
  5. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    28 Feb '10 02:502 edits
    Originally posted by USArmyParatrooper
    Sorry, but underage teens smoking and getting smashed on the ice immediately following their win trumps getting rowdy at the hotel later on.

I'm not hating on them. I think it's hilarious.
    At least you're not making fun of their Coach in this thread. How manly of you! 😛

She is 18 and in her province she is legal drinking age.

I think it was probably the sore loser american media who made the big deal out of the women celebrating their gold medal. The fans had been gone for over 2hrs. when they decided to move the celebrations back on the ice.

This happens on Professional mens teams all the time, without anyone batting an eyelash. I call it sour grapes!

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree