1. Standard memberbill718
    Enigma
    Seattle
    Moves
    11 Jan '13 15:481 edit
    America faces many challenges, the national debt is a real concern, but I'm optimistic. Overall the economy is healing, renewable energy sources make up an ever larger percentage of our energy production, citizens are becoming less interested in gun use, seeing the government step in to halt the collapse of the banking system in 2008 and 2009 have made citizens feel the governments is their partner and not their enemy, people are seeing there are alternative solutions to petty dictators besides sending in the marines to invade other countries. America is becoming more like...Europe. I consider this, a good thing. 😀
  2. Dublin Ireland
    Moves
    11 Jan '13 16:071 edit
    Originally posted by bill718
    America faces many challenges, the national debt is a real concern, but I'm optimistic. Overall the economy is healing, renewable energy sources make up an ever larger percentage of our energy production, citizens are becoming less interested in gun use, seeing the government step in to halt the collapse of the banking system in 2008 and 2009 have made citi ...[text shortened]... ade other countries. America is becoming more like...Europe. I consider this, a good thing. 😀
    These things go in cycles, boom and then bust.

You would think we would all have learned after 1929.

Ah well, we will see. I do share your optimism. Things are beginning
    to look up a bit. Long way to go though after the serious damage of 2008.
    I only hope that eventually people in places that matter learn to deal with
    these problems at an earlier stage. People who should be regulating.
    They turned a blind eye and people just went nuts living on credit.
    When the time came to pay it back we did not have it. Many businesses
    closed and lots of jobs were lost. My own included.

But hey, I'm still alive and we can try again.
    Here's to a new and better beginning.
  3. Standard membersasquatch672
    Don't Like It Leave
    Walking the earth.
    Moves
    12 Jan '13 05:10
    America faces many challenges, the national debt is a real concern, but I'm optimistic. Overall the economy is healing, renewable energy sources make up an ever larger percentage of our energy production, citizens are becoming less interested in gun use, seeing the government step in to halt the collapse of the banking system in 2008 and 2009 have made citi ...[text shortened]... ade other countries. America is becoming more like...Europe. I consider this, a good thing. 😀
    Let's review recent developments in Europe.

Riots in Athens. Crushing unemployment - 25%! - in Greece and Spain. Real vitriol being spewed between Greece and Germany. A near-collapse of the common currency. Talk of war on the continent. A collapse of the Spanish housing market.

Only an idiot would think that the United States becoming more like Europe is a good thing. But, here you are.
  4. Joined
    29 Dec '08
    Moves
    12 Jan '13 06:43
    Originally posted by sasquatch672
    Let's review recent developments in Europe.

Riots in Athens. Crushing unemployment - 25%! - in Greece and Spain. Real vitriol being spewed between Greece and Germany. A near-collapse of the common currency. Talk of war on the continent. A collapse of the Spanish housing market.

Only an idiot would think that the United States becoming more like Europe is a good thing. But, here you are.
    I'm upbeat. Lots to complain about on the political front, regular income adequate to my needs (if not my wants), a loving wife who I love, same for daughter who is doing well, no big physical complaints... although some friends have dying loved ones, right now, and I have had that, my parents, one sister, and will have more, including my own departure.

Well I could go on about that, BUT the government we debate about pretty much ignores me. Sorry for any who aren't that well off.

I wish the best of this for you.
  5. Joined
    29 Mar '09
    Moves
    12 Jan '13 07:07
    I see you are borrowing Martha Stewarts "good thing" phrase. Don't you think moving your arse to a European country of your choice would be a "good thing"??? I sure do!!!
  6. Standard membersasquatch672
    Don't Like It Leave
    Walking the earth.
    Moves
    12 Jan '13 07:09
    Originally posted by JS357
    I'm upbeat. Lots to complain about on the political front, regular income adequate to my needs (if not my wants), a loving wife who I love, same for daughter who is doing well, no big physical complaints... although some friends have dying loved ones, right now, and I have had that, my parents, one sister, and will have more, including my own departure.

W ...[text shortened]... y much ignores me. Sorry for any who aren't that well off.

I wish the best of this for you.
    My friend, I appreciate that, and I return your wish for prosperity to you. I too am optimistic. I too have a wonderful wife, and we're both enjoying some professional success right now. Everybody's healthy, although I didn't think I'd be quite as creaky around the joints at 40 as I find myself. All in all, life is good.
  7. Joined
    06 Jan '13
    Moves
    12 Jan '13 07:11
    Are you serious?
  8. Joined
    29 Mar '09
    Moves
    12 Jan '13 07:30
    I see you are borrowing Martha Stewarts "good thing" phrase. Don't you think moving your arse to a European country of your choice would be a "good thing"??? I sure do!!!
  9. Standard membersasquatch672
    Don't Like It Leave
    Walking the earth.
    Moves
    12 Jan '13 16:40
    Another idiot thread of yours isn't working out so well for you, is it?

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree