1. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    24 Oct '11 04:291 edit
    Originally posted by whodey
    Whodey does not tell people what to do with their money, government and Wall Street do.
    I don't know of anybody whose private donations to activist causes like OWS are decided by government and Wall Street. What are you going on about? How exactly are government and Wall Street telling people to donate to OWS?
  2. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    24 Oct '11 04:30
    Originally posted by FMF
    So the only actual "allegation" you are levelling at OWS is that people have different opinions there?
    It's like my pappy always said, make your own observations and come to your own conclusions and just smile and nod as everyone tries to convince you your wrong.
  3. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    24 Oct '11 04:32
    Originally posted by FMF
    I don't know of anybody whose private donations to activist causes like OWS are decided by government and Wall Street. What are you going on about? How exactly are government and Wall Street and telling people to donate to OWS?
    That is not what I was trying to say, however, people are now tring to tell the OWS what to do with "their" money it seems.
  4. Standard memberno1marauder
    Naturally Right
    Somewhere Else
    Moves
    24 Oct '11 04:38
    That is not what I was trying to say, however, people are now tring to tell the OWS what to do with "their" money it seems.
    There are disagreements in any movement. This is a mountain out of a molehill in an attempt by right wing blog sites and the NY Post to discredit the movement. But there have been no allegations of any type of misconduct by the Finance Committee nor of individuals unduly benefiting from donations to OWS. All the article claims is that one guy made a request for funds, that it was denied (for seemingly excellent reasons) and that he is mad about it. That's not even a "dog bites man" story; thousands, perhaps millions of such decisions are made every single day by non-profit agencies.
  5. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    24 Oct '11 04:542 edits
    It's like my pappy always said, make your own observations and come to your own conclusions and just smile and nod as everyone tries to convince you your wrong.

Whodey does not tell people what to do with their money, government and Wall Street do.
    What specific allegations are you making about OWS? And what is it specifically you think people have to learn about making private donations? And how do government and Wall Street "control" these donations as you seem to be suggesting? Have you ever made any donations to anything? How did government or Wall Street "control" your donations?
  6. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    24 Oct '11 05:06
    So if they are not going to use the money to support the protestors then what are they saving it for?
    Who is claiming that OWS is not going to use the money to support the protestors? Who is claiming they are "hoarding" it? Who is claiming OWS members are "living high off the hog"? You mean embezzlement? Are these your specific accusations? On what basis do you make them?

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree