1. Standard memberSleepyguy
    Reepy Rastardly Guy
    Dustbin of history
    Moves
    19 Apr '11 14:57
    Take a look at her website.

http://sarahpac.com/

That looks like a campaign website to me. That, plus the red meat speech she gave in Wisconsin the other day, ending with the words ...

"We will fight for America, and it starts here in Madison Wisconsin. It starts here. It starts now. What better place than the state that hosts the Superbowl champs to call out the liberal left and let 'em know? Mr. President, game on."

Looks like she's decided to try to save the GOP from Trump. Who will save the GOP from Sarah Palin?
  2. Germany
    Moves
    19 Apr '11 15:01
    I guess we'll find out in 2016.
  3. Joined
    09 Sep '03
    Moves
    19 Apr '11 16:21
    Unfortunately the GOP does not have a really strong candidate at the moment.

The real question is "Who will save the US from Obama?"

Hopefully someone will emerge.

I am still betting that Clinton will make a bid for the Democratic nomination.
    If she did she would get my vote. If the choice was Clinton or Obama I
    would take Clinton anytime.

I consider myself a right leaning Independant. Obama hads proven to be a big dissapointment. I really hope the American people will see through him but on second thought they probably will not.
  4. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    19 Apr '11 17:54
    Originally posted by MadKnight

...[text shortened]... ly hope the American people will see through him but on second thought they probably will not.
    Sure they do. The GOP has Chris Christie to run, but he won't. That tells me that the GOP is not really interested in winning in 2012. Its my guess that the GOP is hoping that Obama ruins the Democrat party much like "W" did the GOP in his two terms of president.
  5. Standard memberAThousandYoung
    or different places
    tinyurl.com/2tp8tyx8
    Moves
    19 Apr '11 17:561 edit

...[text shortened]... ly hope the American people will see through him but on second thought they probably will not.
    http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20110419/ap_on_bi_ge/us_state_unemployment_2

WASHINGTON – The unemployment rate fell in two-thirds of the nation's states last month, the latest evidence that the strengthening economy is encouraging many employers to boost hiring.

http://www.miseryindex.us/URbymonth.asp

Unemployment has been dropping steadily since November.
  6. Standard memberno1marauder
    Naturally Right
    Somewhere Else
    Moves
    19 Apr '11 20:381 edit
    Originally posted by Sleepyguy

That looks like a campaign website to me. That, plus the red meat speech she gave in Wisconsin the other day, ending with the words ...

[/i]"We will fight for America, and it starts here in Madison Wisconsin. It starts here. It starts now. What better place than the state that hosts the Superbow ke she's decided to try to save the GOP from Trump. Who will save the GOP from Sarah Palin?
    Run, Sarah, run!

Uther's headed for a $50 lighter wallet next November.
  7. The Catbird's Seat
    Moves
    20 Apr '11 02:06

It is typical, almost formulaic, that with many candidates in the field, nobody really stands out, and that is true whether the incumbent party is Democratic or Republican.

It still would not surprise me to see H. Clinton as an 11th hour candidate, especially if Obama's numbers are in the toilet with the election a year out.

As to the Republicans, there are plenty of candidates who can get stronger as others are weeded out in the primaries and due to campaign errors. I think Donald Trump will be an early casualty, primarily because Conservatives have yet to take into consideration his past positions on any number of issues, as well as his coziness with some liberal Democrats.

I would ignore the Senators and Congressmen. Overall, we elect governors to be Presidents, logically since it is an administrative position. Congressmen and Senators may be as well qualified, but due to their positions they have generally taken too many positions and are disliked by too many people. The exceptions in modern times are Kennedy and Obama, both of whom spent minimal time as legislators, and we all know Obama never took a stand on anything in his year and a half in the Senate.

There are still quite a few Republican governors and former governors, who will be looking to gain stature in the next 12 months. Several, including Sarah Palin could be quite formidable as candidates. Only time and 12 months of campaigning will tell.
  8. Pepperland
    Moves
    20 Apr '11 18:14

[i]"We will fight for America, and it starts here in Madison Wisconsin. It starts here. It starts now. What better place than the state that hosts the Superbow ...[text shortened]... ke she's decided to try to save the GOP from Trump. Who will save the GOP from Sarah Palin?
    Obviously the GOP is forever condemned to saddled with raving lunatics and the paranoid far-right doctrinaires, not only have these groups dominated the party establishment but are also their main base of electoral support.

Oh well, at least the we can all thank the republican party for continually providing the world with such a rich collection of comical figures.
  9. Standard memberwittywonka
    Chocolate Expert
    Cocoa Mountains
    Moves
    20 Apr '11 19:452 edits
    Originally posted by normbenign
    Several, including Sarah Palin could be quite formidable as candidates.
    As of earlier this year she has a 36% favorability rating.

Catering to one's base alone does not an election win.

Not to say that Democrats aren't hoping she'll win the nomination, though:

Originally posted by No1marauder: "Run, Sarah, run!" (Even if No1 isn't a Democrat... 😉 )
  10. Joined
    23 Mar '06
    Moves
    21 Apr '11 03:41

[i]"We will fight for America, and it starts here in Madison Wisconsin. It starts here. It starts now. What better place than the state that hosts the Superbow ...[text shortened]... ke she's decided to try to save the GOP from Trump. Who will save the GOP from Sarah Palin?
    I wonder why they refer to her as "Governor Palin" on her own web site update, just yesterday?

😕
  11. Standard memberAThousandYoung
    or different places
    tinyurl.com/2tp8tyx8
    Moves
    21 Apr '11 03:441 edit
    Originally posted by mlprior
    I wonder why they refer to her as "Governor Palin" on her own web site update, just yesterday?

😕
    Maybe it's like how people still call Dubya "Mr. President".
  12. The Catbird's Seat
    Moves
    21 Apr '11 17:16
    Originally posted by generalissimo
    Obviously the GOP is forever condemned to saddled with raving lunatics and the paranoid far-right doctrinaires, not only have these groups dominated the party establishment but are also their main base of electoral support.

Oh well, at least the we can all thank the republican party for continually providing the world with such a rich collection of comical figures.
    "GOP is forever condemned to saddled with raving lunatics and the paranoid far-right doctrinaires"

You mean like Bob Dole, George W. Bush, and John McCain? Please, these guys, and others in the GOP establishment are so close doctrinally with the mainstream democrats that they earn the name RINO.

"we can all thank the republican party for continually providing the world with such a rich collection of comical figures."

Don't forget the Democrat contributions to the comic class: Al Gore, Jesse Jackson, Jimmy Carter, Hillary Clinton, Al Sharpton, Barney Frank, and a host of others.
  13. The Catbird's Seat
    Moves
    21 Apr '11 17:29
    Originally posted by wittywonka
    As of earlier this year she has a 36% favorability rating.

Catering to one's base alone does not an election win.

Not to say that Democrats aren't hoping she'll win the nomination, though:

Originally posted by No1marauder: [b]"Run, Sarah, run!"
    (Even if No1 isn't a Democrat... 😉 )[/b]
    A 36% favorable really isn't bad. Political theory is that about 40% are locked into one side or the other, and the 20% in the center determine the winner. I personally think the locked in far right and far left are smaller than that.

As favorite candidates get eliminated, people will gravitate to others that most closely resemble the one they favored at the beginning.

"Catering to one's base alone does not an election win."

Ignoring it, or insulting it doesn't either.

"Not to say that Democrats aren't hoping she'll win the nomination, though:"

That's why they've so relentlessly attacked her on every whimsical thing they can contrive? If they really hoped for her nomination, they would be cheerleading for her.
  14. The Catbird's Seat
    Moves
    21 Apr '11 17:31
    Originally posted by AThousandYoung
    Maybe it's like how people still call Dubya "Mr. President".
    It is simply polite protocol to address people by the high office they once held.
  15. Joined
    23 Mar '06
    Moves
    23 Apr '11 00:50
    Originally posted by normbenign
    It is simply polite protocol to address people by the high office they once held.
    Or is Palin wishing she still has what it takes to finish out her commitment to the people of Alaska instead of quitting in the middle of the job?

I suppose if she WERE president and she decided she didn't like it, she could just quit that job also.

😕

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree