1. Houston, Texas
    Moves
    23 Mar '12 14:05
    Pat Robertson: Injury to new Broncos quarterback Peyton Manning would ‘serve them right’

Count Pat Robertson as a Tim Tebow fan, apparently.

The TV evangelist had some harsh words to say for the Broncos, who this week signed four-time MVP quarterback Peyton Manning and traded fan favorite Tebow to the New York Jets.

“I think the Denver Broncos treated him shabbily. He won seven games, he brought them into the playoffs, for heaven sakes. I mean, they were a nothing team. He rallied them together with spectacular last-minute passes and, you know, when they beat Buffalo — I mean, Pittsburgh, excuse me — it was a tremendous victory.

“And you just ask yourself, okay, so Peyton Manning was a tremendous MVP quarterback, but he’s been injured. If that injury comes back, Denver will find itself without a quarterback. And in my opinion, it would serve them right.” -- Pat Ropberson

http://blog.chron.com/ultimatetexans/2012/03/pat-robertson-injury-to-new-broncos-quarterback-peyton-manning-would-serve-them-right/
  2. Standard membersh76
    Civis Americanus Sum
    New York
    Moves
    23 Mar '12 14:43
    Originally posted by moon1969
    Pat Robertson: Injury to new Broncos quarterback Peyton Manning would ‘serve them right’

Count Pat Robertson as a Tim Tebow fan, apparently.

The TV evangelist had some harsh words to say for the Broncos, who this week signed four-time MVP quarterback Peyton Manning and traded fan favorite Tebow to the New York Jets.

[quote]“I think th ...[text shortened]... s/2012/03/pat-robertson-injury-to-new-broncos-quarterback-peyton-manning-would-serve-them-right/
    Somehow, I don't think Denver will be knocking on Robertson's door to be their new GM any time soon.

Aside from Robertson being wrong (Denver's winning streak was much more a product of a good defense and the surprise value of Tebow's offense at the end of the games), his attempt to mix politics and football personnel decisions is pretty stupid, even by his standards.

Then again, Robertson has rarely missed an opportunity to spout off about whatever stupid thought was knocking around in his head, so I suppose nobody should be very surprised.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree