Debates Forum

Debates Forum

1. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    18 Dec '15 03:131 edit
    http://www.breitbart.com/big-government/2015/12/17/paul-ryan-builds-border-fence-around-mansion-doesnt-fund-border-fence-omnibus/

A recent Breitbart News investigation reveals that Rep. Paul Ryan (R-WI) who has a two-decade-long history of promoting open borders immigration policies, seems to support border fences for himself, even as he denies the American people those same protections.
    While Paul Ryan’s omnibus spending bill does not provide funding for the mandatory completion of a 700-mile double-layer border fence that Congress promised the American people nearly a decade ago when it passed the 2006 Secure Fence Act, Paul Ryan has constructed a fence around his property.

As Breitbart News’s photographic documentation reveals, Ryan’s home is surrounded by a tall border fence reinforced by equally high bushes— ensuring both privacy and security. Moreover, the fence is manned by an on-duty agent who guards his property’s perimeter. Upon even the slightest appearance of any unusual activity— such as a 5’2″ female taking a photograph of the fence— Ryan’s border agent will deploy into action to ensure the perimeter’s sovereignty.

Over the course of the past six months, there has been heightened national focus on Americans’ desire for a border fence following the GOP presidential frontrunners’ call for a border wall. A Rasmussen Reports survey released in August of this year found that likely Republican voters, by greater than a 4-1 margin, support Donald Trump’s plan to build a border wall (70 percent vs. 17 percent). Amongst all likely voters, a majority (51 percent) support building the border wall.

Congress promised the American people a 700-mile border fence in the 2006 Secure Fence Act. However, funding for the project was subsequently gutted and, as a result, construction was never completed.

While Paul Ryan’s $1.1 trillion year-end omnibus spending package was able to allocate funding for immigration programs that benefit foreign nationals— such as federal grants for lawless sanctuary cities and the U.S. resettlement tens of thousands of refugees— his bill does not require an allotment of funds be spent on the completion of the 700-mile-long fence that the American voters were promised.

Sen. Jeff Sessions (R-AL) has previously highlighted the hypocrisy of immigration expansionists who surrounded homes with border fences and monitor who comes on their property but do not apparently believe the American people deserve the same protections. Sessions pointed specifically to open borders advocate Mark Zuckerberg who, according to reports, spent $30 million buying the surrounding four homes around his own property in order to get “a little more privacy.”

Sessions said, “Well, the ‘masters of the universe’ are very fond of open borders as long as these open borders don’t extend to their gated compounds and fenced-off estates.”

On previous occasions, Ryan has repeatedly suggested that the American people are not entitled to discriminate against who enters their country on a visa. When Sean Hannity asked Paul Ryan about whether or not he would support curbs to Muslim immigration, Paul Ryan declared, “That’s not who we are.”

However, Ryan’s fence ensures that no refugees will be able to enter his property without his permission— even as U.S. communities are not able to make any such restrictions.

In 2013, when Ryan traveled with Rep. Luis Gutierrez (D-IL) to stump for Sen. Marco Rubio (R-FL)’s immigration agenda, Ryan declared that America “is more than our borders” and that the U.S. ought to have an “open door” system where foreign nationals can come and go as they please.

“America is more than just a country,” Ryan said. “It’s more than Chicago, or Wisconsin. It’s more than our borders. America is an idea. It’s a very precious idea.”

Ryan disparaged Americans who opposed large-scale immigration, characterizing that attitude as ignorant, declaring that throughout American history, “Each wave [of immigration] is met with some ignorance, is met with some resistance.”

Ryan said, “We want to have a system where people can come here and work– go back and forth if they want to… so that we have an open door to the people who want to come and contribute to our country, who want to come and make a difference in their families’ lives, and our economy.”
  2. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    18 Dec '15 03:24
    More hypocrisy and caving by the GOP.

This will only send more angry conservatives into the not so loving arms of the Prog Trump.

Hillary must be laughing her arse off.

Will there be anything left of the GOP after it is all said and done? My guess is no.
  3. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    18 Dec '15 05:131 edit
    The GOP once again also caved on another budget deal.

Can anyone name one thing that the GOP is good for?

Vote Dim or just stay the hell home.

https://www.conservativereview.com/commentary/2015/10/mcconnells-debt-deal-a-republican-cave
  4. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    18 Dec '15 05:54
    Rush calls to disband the GOP.

http://www.breitbart.com/video/2015/12/17/limbaugh-on-omnibus-disband-the-gop-let-the-democrats-run-things-because-it-is-happening-anyway/

The ruse is up kids. You only have one party now. Really, it's always been that way.
  5. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    18 Dec '15 06:25
    Originally posted by whodey
    Rush calls to disband the GOP.

http://www.breitbart.com/video/2015/12/17/limbaugh-on-omnibus-disband-the-gop-let-the-democrats-run-things-because-it-is-happening-anyway/

The ruse is up kids. You only have one party now. Really, it's always been that way.
    That is because the politicians are all bought and paid for. That is why I am voting for Trump, who refuses to be bought and paid for. He is going to build a border wall and Mexico will be glad to pay for it. 😏
  6. Germany
    Moves
    18 Dec '15 07:37
    Is Paul Ryan's fence intended to stop immigrants?
  7. Subscriberno1marauder
    Humble and Kind
    In the Gazette
    Moves
    18 Dec '15 08:53
    http://www.breitbart.com/big-government/2015/12/17/paul-ryan-builds-border-fence-around-mansion-doesnt-fund-border-fence-omnibus/

A recent Breitbart News investigation reveals that Rep. Paul Ryan (R-WI) who has a two-decade-long history of promoting open borders immigration policies, seems to support border fences for himself, even as he denies the A ...[text shortened]... our country, who want to come and make a difference in their families’ lives, and our economy.”
    Congress would be fools to spend money on the border fence when President Trump is going to make Mexico pay the full cost of an even bigger one.
  8. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    18 Dec '15 14:12
    Originally posted by RJHinds
    That is because the politicians are all bought and paid for. That is why I am voting for Trump, who refuses to be bought and paid for. He is going to build a border wall and Mexico will be glad to pay for it. 😏
    Well then, go vote for Trump and save America RJ.

Enjoy.
  9. The Catbird's Seat
    Moves
    18 Dec '15 16:51
    Originally posted by no1marauder
    Congress would be fools to spend money on the border fence when President Trump is going to make Mexico pay the full cost of an even bigger one.
    I've personally seen how "effective" fences at the border are at the San Diego crossing. We were returning to the States waiting in line for border inspection, and witnessed a group of Mexican lads form a human ladder over the wall directly in eyesight of the inspection booths. In a matter of seconds a dozen scaled the ladder and were over the wall. Now imagine that wall is out along some remote stretch along the Rio Grande.
  10. SubscriberAThousandYoung
    iEn guardia, Ingles!
    tinyurl.com/y43jqfyd
    Moves
    18 Dec '15 16:593 edits
    Originally posted by normbenign
    I've personally seen how "effective" fences at the border are at the San Diego crossing. We were returning to the States waiting in line for border inspection, and witnessed a group of Mexican lads form a human ladder over the wall directly in eyesight of the inspection booths. In a matter of seconds a dozen scaled the ladder and were over the wall. Now imagine that wall is out along some remote stretch along the Rio Grande.
    The Trump Line will be just as effective as the Maginot Line. The Mexicans will find a way past like the Mongols found a way past the Great Wall of China, and the Soviet armored cavalry found a way past Mao's "artificial mountains".

Hadrian's Wall was breached by the Caledonians too. Walls can work but you need to have them watched by large numbers of people and nobody wants to pay for an enormous Border Patrol like that.

The Turks made it through the "unbreachable" walls of Constantinople, and the Romans took Masada.

And the Mexicans defeated the walls at the Alamo.

Walls need to be supported by troops or they don't work against determined opposition.
  11. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    18 Dec '15 18:37
    Well then, go vote for Trump and save America RJ.

Enjoy.
    I will. 😏
  12. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    18 Dec '15 18:41
    Originally posted by AThousandYoung
    The Trump Line will be just as effective as the Maginot Line. The Mexicans will find a way past like the Mongols found a way past the Great Wall of China, and the Soviet armored cavalry found a way past Mao's "artificial mountains".

Hadrian's Wall was breached by the Caledonians too. Walls can work but you need to have them watched by large numbe ...[text shortened]... Alamo.

Walls need to be supported by troops or they don't work against determined opposition.
    We are already paying for a large Border Patrol to watch the illegal aliens cross the border because that is all Obama will allow them to do. 😏
  13. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    19 Dec '15 03:26
    Originally posted by RJHinds
    I will. 😏
    Trump won't change anything RJ. When you finally come to that conclusion maybe you will seek real change.

What we need is the Article V movement for states to amend the Constitution and take back some of the corrupting power in the federal government.

I have no interest in trying to elect the most benevolent dictator.
  14. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    19 Dec '15 06:14
    Trump won't change anything RJ. When you finally come to that conclusion maybe you will seek real change.

What we need is the Article V movement for states to amend the Constitution and take back some of the corrupting power in the federal government.

I have no interest in trying to elect the most benevolent dictator.
    I am tired of "real change" ... I want America to be great again. Trump is the only one WITH THE CAMPAIGN PROMISE to MAKE AMERICA GREAT AGAIN. The others will not even try.
  15. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    19 Dec '15 13:43

A recent Breitbart News investigation reveals that Rep. Paul Ryan (R-WI) who has a two-decade-long history of promoting open borders immigration policies, seems to support border fences for himself, even as he denies the A ...[text shortened]... our country, who want to come and make a difference in their families’ lives, and our economy.”
    As for fences, I would like to have a fence but not to keep bad guys out, anyone can get over a fence and the magic wall on the border won't stop anyone anyway.

I want a fence (can't afford one right now) so I can let my dog go poo in our yard instead of ticking of the neighbors. I don't like to use dog leaches and so I herd mine like a ball in a soccer game, so one day Gracie walked about ten feet inside our neighbors yard and the bitch living there goes ape shyte screaming at the poor dog who hadn't actually done anything. I got the pooch out of her yard, all over in about ten seconds but never expected such vitriol from someone I had previously considered a maybe friend. Things turned even more sour later.

So that's why I want a fence, I know full well it won't keep out riff raff, our cars have already been broken into several times and we even pretty much know who is doing it, HS kids down the street but can't prove it. A fence would not keep those brats out, but at least my little terrier wouldn't be able to jump the fence and get out.

I dream of having a row of bamboo as a visual block to that bitch across the alley, a big planter, say 2 feet wide, 3 feet deep and 50 feet long so the bamboo is controlled, uncontrolled bamboo takes over everything, but my method would keep them in the planter and grow to about 20 feet high so I wouldn't have to see into that bitches yard and she see everything in OUR yardπŸ™‚ But that won't happen, just an idle dream...,.