1. Joined
    26 Dec '08
    Moves
    27 Sep '09 21:45
    Originally posted by KazetNagorra
    Exit polls suggest that Merkel will be able to form a coalition with the conservative liberal FDP, so she will be able to ditch her current coalition partner, the social-democratic SPD.
    May be a good result for the German people. It seems that half the Germany people told the other half how bad living under communist was... so more simpathy for the conservative liberals.
  2. Standard membertelerion
    True X X Xian
    The Lord's Army
    Moves
    27 Sep '09 22:46
    Originally posted by whodey
    Then how about throwing some of that money my way? In fact, I'll even say, "Thank You". In fact, I wont even be as greedy. I'll just ask for a cool million. After all, that's only about 0.00000000001% of our GDP, so I'm sure no one will miss it.
    Ok, but it isn't like the government can evaluate every program by the Whodey Standard, that is "what if we gave the same money to whodey?"

People are getting upset over small potatoes here.
  3. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    28 Sep '09 00:541 edit
    Originally posted by telerion
    Ok, but it isn't like the government can evaluate every program by the Whodey Standard, that is "what if we gave the same money to whodey?"

People are getting upset over small potatoes here.
    Well if it were only one small potato, then perhaps, but it seems to me we have a whole field of small potatoes that add up to quit a bit.

They are out of control man!! So what do you think they will run the deficit up to in 4 years? How about 10 years?
  4. lazy boy derivative
    Moves
    28 Sep '09 02:28
    I traded in my junk pick up and got a new car out of the program.
  5. Joined
    09 Mar '09
    Moves
    28 Sep '09 02:402 edits
    Originally posted by telerion
    No comment on "Cash for Clunkers" as an Obama program. Well, maybe one: it could have been done better.

Okay now for the moron in this piece. It "trained people not too buy until there's a big deal" ? Listen Honda-car-salesman-not-an-expert-on-anything, not everyone is as dumb as you. Do you know anything about how durable consumption goods move wi right now. Man, you give people a handout, and they whine when it's not permanent.
    that is funny... agree sounds like the chap is not the best car salesman
    Put a sign up saying 70 mpg! performance & reliability n keep selling if there's subsidy or not...

am no expert on macro economics so will listen to sh76 point view on this, but if your going to have ' fiscal stimulus' it seems a sensible way to go about it.... put money directly in consumers hands not through some govt sieve... in the UK there is a similar scheme for vans and i see no protest .

maybe of point but think there are two sides to this green debate
    'Eco Marxists' Recycle everything, use each tea bag twice.. where jumpers n switch of ur heating... like some economic regression ... &
    'Eco Capitalists' Hybrid cars, solar panels, lithium batteries, ... all this green stuff sound like a salesmans dream

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree