Please turn on javascript in your browser to play chess.
Debates Forum

Debates Forum

  1. Subscriber FMF
    a.k.a. John W Booth
    19 May '09 00:09
    Spain's Franco 'had one testicle', new book claims

    A new book claims the late Spanish dictator General Francisco Franco, like Adolf Hitler, had only one testicle.

    A new book claims the Spanish dictator, General Francisco Franco, may have had more in common with Adolf Hitler than previously known - having one testicle.


    Much like the Nazi leader, Franco's loss stemmed from an injury he suffered in battle, his doctor's granddaughter told the historian Jose Maria Zavala.

    Franco was wounded in the lower abdomen at El Biutz, near Ceuta, in June 1916.

    Biographers have long speculated this affected the reproductive organs of the dictator, who ruled from 1939 to 1975.

    However, he did have a daughter, Carmen Franco y Polo, in 1926.

    Last year, documents came to light containing an account by a medic who treated Hitler during the Battle of the Somme in 1916.

    Dr Johan Jambor told his priest that Hitler had been injured in the abdomen and had lost a testicle. He said the first question Hitler had asked him was: "Will I be able to have children?"

    In his new book, Mr Zavala quotes Dr Ana Puigvert as recalling that her grandfather, Antonio Puigvert, a urologist known to have had Franco as a patient, had told her the dictator had confided in him.

    "Franco was monorchid - he had only one testicle," she said.

    Franco was a captain in the Spanish army when, in late June 1916, he was shot in the lower abdomen while defending the modern-day Spanish enclave of Ceuta on Morocco's Mediterranean coast.

    In 1936, he joined the military uprising that led to the Spanish Civil War and assumed leadership of the fascist Falange Party.

    Three years later, with the aid of Nazi Germany and fascist Italy, he won the war and established a dictatorship. Franco kept Spain neutral during World War II, after which he declared Spain a monarchy with himself as regent.

    In 1969, he announced that on his death he would be succeeded by Juan Carlos I, grandson of Spain's last reigning king, hoping that he would maintain his regime.

    However, after his death in 1975, the new king moved to dismantle the authoritarian institutions and restore democratic rule.


    Could this possibly explain their terrible deeds in some small way?

    Who here on Debates has only one testicle?
  2. 19 May '09 01:15
    Originally posted by FMF
    [b]Spain's Franco 'had one testicle', new book claims

    A new book claims the late Spanish dictator General Francisco Franco, like Adolf Hitler, had only one testicle.

    A new book claims the Spanish dictator, General Francisco Franco, may have had more in common with Adolf Hitler than previously known - having one testicle.


    [i]Much like the Nazi leade ...[text shortened]... their terrible deeds in some small way?

    Who here on Debates has only one testicle?[/b]
    I believe it was only Hitler had only one ball, not Franco. This article mentions both.

    I do have a question though: what kind of a sick pervert spends time looking at the testicles of fascist leaders?

    Must have been a funny autopsy. A bystander would have heard the words, "Aren't you supposed to have two of these?"
  3. Standard member shavixmir
    Guppy poo
    19 May '09 04:48
    As far as I can gather, it was a rumour spread by the English that Hitler only had one ball, and isn't actually true.
  4. Subscriber FMF
    a.k.a. John W Booth
    19 May '09 05:52
    Originally posted by shavixmir
    As far as I can gather, it was a rumour spread by the English that Hitler only had one ball, and isn't actually true.
    Well I'm sorry shav, but one of them, according to British troops from London, was definitely in the Albert Hall circa 1939-45.
  5. 19 May '09 06:47
    Originally posted by FMF
    Could this possibly explain their terrible deeds in some small way?
    No, Hitlers 'terrible deeds' were all due to his mustache.

    People too often blame everything on the leader. Sure Hitler was a terrible person, but he was not the only bad German at the time and hardly the worst either. Next you'll be telling us that having one ball was a prerequisite to joining the SS.
  6. 19 May '09 07:08
    Some have one testicle, some have one kidney, one have one ovula. Does this mean these are half a man, or half a woman? Does lack of one when the other is enough mean anything pejorative? I don't think so. Who does?

    I think that those laughing at people having only one of two only has half of a brain. Why else laugh?
  7. Subscriber FMF
    a.k.a. John W Booth
    19 May '09 08:10
    Originally posted by FabianFnas
    I think that those laughing at people having only one of two only has half of a brain. Why else laugh?
    Why else laugh? Ooh, I don't know. Maybe because their sense of humour is different from yours? For instance, you going on about people with only 'half a brain' doesn't seem the slightest bit funny. Does that answer your question?
  8. 19 May '09 08:16
    Originally posted by FMF
    Why else laugh? Ooh, I don't know. Maybe because their sense of humour is different from yours? For instance, you going on about people with only 'half a brain' doesn't seem the slightest bit funny. Does that answer your question?
    Yes, that answers my question. Some half equipped people are laughable, some are not.
  9. Subscriber FMF
    a.k.a. John W Booth
    19 May '09 08:25
    Originally posted by FabianFnas
    Yes, that answers my question. Some half equipped people are laughable, some are not.
    Not really. But the likes of Hitler and Franco are not spared any quarter. It may ring false to you, fair enough, but perhaps it's only a real problem if the ridicule extends to ordinary people. Maybe then the 'half a brain' metaphor kicks in for sure. I don't know.

    I don't know if you know that the context of this is the irreverent wartime song:

    Hitler has only got one ball,
    Goering has two, but very small;"
    Himmler is very sim'lar,
    And Goebbels has no balls at all.


    * An alternate second line was:
    The other is in the Albert Hall
  10. Standard member Palynka
    Upward Spiral
    19 May '09 10:13 / 1 edit
    Originally posted by FMF
    [b]Spain's Franco 'had one testicle', new book claims

    A new book claims the late Spanish dictator General Francisco Franco, like Adolf Hitler, had only one testicle.

    A new book claims the Spanish dictator, General Francisco Franco, may have had more in common with Adolf Hitler than previously known - having one testicle.


    Much like the Nazi leade their terrible deeds in some small way?

    Who here on Debates has only one testicle?[/b]
    So did Franco get his ball from Hitler or vice-versa?
  11. Subscriber kmax87
    You've got Kevin
    19 May '09 10:47 / 1 edit
    Originally posted by Palynka
    So did Franco get his ball from Hitler or vice-versa?
    One can never be too sure but apparently that was the premise of a very succesful wartime sitcom.

    Two from a Half Men.
  12. Subscriber FMF
    a.k.a. John W Booth
    19 May '09 11:07
    Originally posted by Palynka
    So did Franco get his ball from Hitler or vice-versa?
    Unable to directly intervene in the Spanish Civil War, Hitler helped Franco in every possible way he could.
  13. 19 May '09 20:28
    Originally posted by FMF
    Unable to directly intervene in the Spanish Civil War, Hitler helped Franco in every possible way he could.
    Of course, eventually Franco's Catholicism would have gotten in the way of Hitler's dream of European domination, assuming the latter would have survived the war.
  14. Standard member StTito
    The Mullverine
    19 May '09 20:36
    Originally posted by FMF
    Not really. But the likes of Hitler and Franco are not spared any quarter. It may ring false to you, fair enough, but perhaps it's only a real problem if the ridicule extends to ordinary people. Maybe then the 'half a brain' metaphor kicks in for sure. I don't know.

    I don't know if you know that the context of this is the irreverent wartime song:

    Hitler ...[text shortened]... ls at all.

    * An alternate second line was:
    The other is in the Albert Hall
    wasn't that a beatles song?
  15. Standard member smw6869
    Granny
    19 May '09 20:48
    Originally posted by FMF
    Not really. But the likes of Hitler and Franco are not spared any quarter. It may ring false to you, fair enough, but perhaps it's only a real problem if the ridicule extends to ordinary people. Maybe then the 'half a brain' metaphor kicks in for sure. I don't know.

    I don't know if you know that the context of this is the irreverent wartime song:

    Hitler ...[text shortened]... ls at all.

    * An alternate second line was:
    The other is in the Albert Hall
    The Albert Hall Ballroom?

    GRANNY.