1. Standard memberAThousandYoung
    or different places
    tinyurl.com/2tp8tyx8
    Moves
    11 Jun '11 18:241 edit
    Originally posted by KazetNagorra
    Watch S14E01 of South Park. It's explained there.
    Warning "bad" words
    http://www.southparkstudios.com/full-episodes/s14e01-sexual-healing
  2. Standard memberno1marauder
    Naturally Right
    Somewhere Else
    Moves
    11 Jun '11 18:41
    Originally posted by Eladar
    Is that the best you've got? He used a prostitute at some time in his life? From what I was able to research on this guy is that he was in a list of names that used the service, but no dates and no record of how many times.

That ranks right up there with Weiner and Jefferson.

Although I do think you are correct, he should have stepped down in disgra ...[text shortened]... cans have continued after public disgrace?

Where are the liberal Dems who have stepped down?
    Elliott Spitzer resigned from being Governor of New York because he used a prostitute.
  3. Standard memberyavash
    lovin the sea breeze
    Up North!
    Moves
    11 Jun '11 19:31
    Originally posted by trev33
    and where's your stats to back this up? fact is, there isn't any, you're just presuming that proportionally regular people are unfaithful as much as those 'with power'. no one can say for certain.
    have no statistics but i know a lot lot more un-famous people who have had affairs etc than the people reported in the papers by far... i think its daft to say that political, religious or celebrity 'power' leads to sexual promiscuity. like all things - there are many causes and conditions that lead to an event or personality trait - to say it is one thing is too simplistic
  4. Joined
    10 Jan '08
    Moves
    12 Jun '11 02:15
    Originally posted by yavash
    have no statistics but i know a lot lot more un-famous people who have had affairs etc than the people reported in the papers by far... i think its daft to say that political, religious or celebrity 'power' leads to sexual promiscuity. like all things - there are many causes and conditions that lead to an event or personality trait - to say it is one thing is too simplistic
    having a form of power doesn't make you famous. plus of course there's going to more regular people having affairs than those in the paper, simply because of the fact that there's more of them.

the original post was asking specifically about people who were in some sort of power cheating on their wife/partner. think about it, who's more likely to cheat, a guy who's head of some company working long hours away from home with only his female secretary for company in long periods or your regular 9-5 office worker, builder etc? if history teaches us one thing and only one thing is that men will sleep with anyone who's there, don't see your wife for long periods? cheat with the sexy secretory/friend who does seem to be there for you.
  5. Subscribershavixmir
    Guppy poo
    Sewers of Holland
    Moves
    12 Jun '11 04:28
    Originally posted by buckky
    Why so often do we see those in power get caught up in some sexual scandal ? Either religious leaders or political leaders can't seem to to keep it in their pants. Power corrupts !
    65% of the population cheats their partner.
    I presume that 65% of politicians and religious leaders do exactly the same.

They are human.
  6. Standard memberyavash
    lovin the sea breeze
    Up North!
    Moves
    12 Jun '11 08:45
    having a form of power doesn't make you famous. plus of course there's going to more regular people having affairs than those in the paper, simply because of the fact that there's more of them.

the original post was asking specifically about people who were in some sort of power cheating on their wife/partner. think about it, who's more likely to cheat, a ...[text shortened]... for long periods? cheat with the sexy secretory/friend who does seem to be there for you.
    are you talking about yourself!!

besides the sexy secretary or friend is probaby married!!
  7. Germany
    Moves
    12 Jun '11 09:00
    Originally posted by shavixmir
    65% of the population cheats their partner.
    I presume that 65% of politicians and religious leaders do exactly the same.

They are human.
    Where does that 65% figure come from?
  8. Joined
    10 May '09
    Moves
    12 Jun '11 10:261 edit
    Originally posted by KazetNagorra
    Where does that 65% figure come from?
    I saw a stat online (I would have to look for it) that says 85% of married men will cheat at least once.

Edit: Most stats claim less.

http://www.menstuff.org/issues/byissue/infidelitystats.html
  9. Cape Town
    Moves
    12 Jun '11 14:05
    and where's your stats to back this up? fact is, there isn't any, you're just presuming that proportionally regular people are unfaithful as much as those 'with power'. no one can say for certain.
    Exactly what I said. If your stats are based on news reports then they do not reflect the real situation. I did not make any claims regarding what the actual stats are.
    So I did not do any 'presuming'.
  10. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    12 Jun '11 19:19
    Originally posted by no1marauder
    Elliott Spitzer resigned from being Governor of New York because he used a prostitute.
    Not just because he used a prostitute, it was because that prostitute was a long term relationship with him. He took her out of state so somehow that made it even worse from a legal point of view.

For some reason I thought Elliot was a Republican, but glad to see a Democrat with some sort of shame and respect for a public position.
  11. Joined
    10 Jan '08
    Moves
    12 Jun '11 20:44
    Originally posted by yavash
    are you talking about yourself!!

besides the sexy secretary or friend is probaby married!!
    no, i'm not stupid enough to get married.

so what if their married? if they're not getting the attention from their husband that they crave, they're going to seek it elsewhere. enter the sexy boss that might (in their heads) give them a raise or promotion.
  12. Joined
    03 Feb '07
    Moves
    12 Jun '11 23:01
    Why so often do we see those in power get caught up in some sexual scandal ? Either religious leaders or political leaders can't seem to to keep it in their pants. Power corrupts !
    "Power is the ultimate aphrodesiac."

-Henry Kissinger
  13. Joined
    03 Feb '07
    Moves
    12 Jun '11 23:02
    Originally posted by Eladar
    Not just because he used a prostitute, it was because that prostitute was a long term relationship with him. He took her out of state so somehow that made it even worse from a legal point of view.

For some reason I thought Elliot was a Republican, but glad to see a Democrat with some sort of shame and respect for a public position.
    Now if only Republican leaders would call for the resignations of their transgressors, particularly when laws are broken. There is a clear double standard - Democrats resign, and Republicans get additional committee assignments.
  14. Standard memberbill718
    Enigma
    Seattle
    Moves
    13 Jun '11 00:32
    Agreed. This crosses party lines. These people seem to feel they are above the law. The arrogence factor is pretty high.
  15. The Catbird's Seat
    Moves
    13 Jun '11 03:191 edit
    A latter day Lord Acton.

Ever consider that when Joe sixpack does the same stuff nobody gives a crap.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree