1. Subscribershavixmir
    Guppy poo
    Sewers of Holland
    Moves
    30 Apr '17 04:36
    From the BBC:

US President Donald Trump has launched a scathing attack on the media during a rally marking 100 days in office.
    He told supporters in Pennsylvania that he was keeping "one promise after another", dismissing criticism as "fake news" by "out of touch" journalists.

At the rally in Harrisburg, the president said the media should be given "a big, fat, failing grade" over their coverage of his achievements during his first 100 days and told the cheering crowd he was "thrilled to be more than 100 miles from Washington".
    He quipped that at the same time "a large group of Hollywood actors and Washington media are consoling themselves" at the correspondents' dinner "that will be very boring".

On climate change, Mr Trump said "a big decision" would be taken within the next two weeks.
    He earlier described climate change as a hoax, vowing to pull the US out of the Paris Agreement.

So, leaving the baby talk aside ("big, fat, failing grade... etc.), the whole spiel has something very 1930's about.

Rallies.
    Only speaking to the faithful.
    Condemning any opposition as fake.
    Constantly repeating the message.
    Denying the truth.
    Blaming the media.
    Promising great things to come in the vaguest of terms.

Kuddo's to him (or his communication advisors) for studying Goebbels and actually attempting to put what they've learned into practise.

But can it work in 2017?

Internet, lots of media, international media at the press of a button, twitter, facebook, video recordings (very easy to point out what a politician once said or grabbed, making deniability not so much an alternative reality, but more of a joke or a liability).

What do you all think?
    Would Goebbels have approached propaganda in the same way with communication being so far advanced than it was in his time?
  2. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    30 Apr '17 04:51
    You are such a hypocrite. If a leftist were doing it, then you'd have no problem with it.

Btw, you never mentioned on what field of battle you defended your brothers on. What flag were you fighting under?
  3. Subscribershavixmir
    Guppy poo
    Sewers of Holland
    Moves
    30 Apr '17 05:02
    Originally posted by Eladar
    You are such a hypocrite. If a leftist were doing it, then you'd have no problem with it.

Btw, you never mentioned on what field of battle you defended your brothers on. What flag were you fighting under?
    This isn't about left or right. If you can think of another regime doing exactly the same, feel free to add them to the debate.
  4. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    30 Apr '17 05:40
    Originally posted by shavixmir
    This isn't about left or right. If you can think of another regime doing exactly the same, feel free to add them to the debate.
    Pick any Western nation.

The west is rife with fake media.
  5. Cape Town
    Moves
    30 Apr '17 06:18
    What do you all think?
    Would Goebbels have approached propaganda in the same way with communication being so far advanced than it was in his time?
    I don't know about Goebbels, but many regimes around the world have responded to modern communication by trying to lock it down with varying degrees of success.
    Without its strict controls, China would have had a civil war by now.

What amazes me about Trump is that despite the ridicule he receives almost everyone still takes him seriously. If he tweets something monumentally stupid tomorrow, the press and private individuals will take joy in doing extensive research to prove it wrong and cover it, rather than just dismiss it as the tweeting of a mad man that it is.
  6. SubscriberWajoma
    Die Cheeseburger
    Provocation
    Moves
    30 Apr '17 06:421 edit
    Posts this on 29 Apr '17 06:36

"Remind me in 2 weeks. I'm on holiday at the moment and only have time for 1 liners..."

Starts a thread on 30 Apr '17

Conclusion: Bad message board ettiquette.
  7. Germany
    Moves
    30 Apr '17 08:06
    Pick any Western nation.

The west is rife with fake media.
    I pick Luxembourg. Can you show how Luxembourg's political leaders rally their support and attack the media in similar ways?
  8. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    30 Apr '17 08:52
    Originally posted by KazetNagorra
    I pick Luxembourg. Can you show how Luxembourg's political leaders rally their support and attack the media in similar ways?
    So you say that the press in Luxembourg isn't fake press? The press is not a propaganda wing for the political powers that be?
  9. Germany
    Moves
    30 Apr '17 09:31
    So you say that the press in Luxembourg isn't fake press? The press is not a propaganda wing for the political powers that be?
    I am asking you to substantiate your claim that the relationship between political leaders and the media is similar in Luxembourg compared to the United States.
  10. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    30 Apr '17 11:44
    in Luxemburg farmers are the politicians and their constituents are mostly cattle.

Their slogan is usually, "Eat mor chiken"
  11. Unknown Territories
    Moves
    30 Apr '17 11:551 edit
    From the BBC:

[i]US President Donald Trump has launched a scathing attack on the media during a rally marking 100 days in office.
    He told supporters in Pennsylvania that he was keeping "one promise after another", dismissing criticism as "fake news" by "out of touch" journalists.

At the rally in Harrisburg, the president said the media should be giv ...[text shortened]... hed propaganda in the same way with communication being so far advanced than it was in his time?
    Propaganda has been in employ by the powerful elite for quite some time.
    The false flags, the crisis hoaxes which have been shoved down the public's throat for the last 15-20 years are Exhibit A.
    It doesn't matter if it's a Democrat, a Republican or even if it's everybody's favorite, Bernie Sanders in charge: they're going to control the narrative and they unequivocally control the means of expression.
  12. Germany
    Moves
    30 Apr '17 11:57
    Originally posted by whodey
    in Luxemburg farmers are the politicians and their constituents are mostly cattle.

Their slogan is usually, "Eat mor chiken"
    If this is a joke, I don't get it.
  13. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    30 Apr '17 12:33
    If this is a joke, I don't get it.
    YouTube
  14. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    30 Apr '17 13:531 edit
    I am asking you to substantiate your claim that the relationship between political leaders and the media is similar in Luxembourg compared to the United States.
    Substantiate it to you? You who believe in leftist fake press?

Why should I have to convince you? Why don't you convince me about Trump? Once you prove to me that Trump uses fake media, I will convince you about Luxembourg.
  15. Subscribershavixmir
    Guppy poo
    Sewers of Holland
    Moves
    30 Apr '17 14:51
    Originally posted by Wajoma
    Posts this on 29 Apr '17 06:36

"Remind me in 2 weeks. I'm on holiday at the moment and only have time for 1 liners..."

Starts a thread on 30 Apr '17

Conclusion: Bad message board ettiquette.
    There was a moment's lull.
    Not enough to research tue 19 bloody 80's.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree