1. Joined
    15 Oct '10
    Moves
    14 May '12 23:11
    Originally posted by whodey
    [b]Why is it that collectivists:

For example, we must all have the same health insurance and be educated the same way and have the same type of retirement etc.

2. ......tend to dismiss the notion that we all share a universal morality? Instead, they often insist that morals depend upon culture and that morality is really relative.
    1) Maybe I'm missing something. Can you name a single person who said any one of these things or not?
    2) Now if we're agreed that there's no 'universal' (by which I mean the same for everybody) a) health insurance
    b) educational system and
    c) retirement plan,
    what in the world makes you think there is a universal morality?
  2. Joined
    22 Jun '08
    Moves
    15 May '12 01:49
    Originally posted by KazetNagorra
    You mean intellectuals?
    You're kidding right?
  3. Standard memberAThousandYoung
    or different places
    tinyurl.com/2tp8tyx8
    Moves
    15 May '12 06:54
    Originally posted by Hugh Glass
    You're kidding right?
    Shot any trespassers with yer fifty cal yet, tuff guy?
  4. Standard memberfinnegan
    GENS UNA SUMUS
    Moves
    15 May '12 08:14
    Originally posted by whodey
    Why is it that collectivists:

1. ......tend to celebrate "diversity", on the one hand, but then try to pound us all into the same square hole no matter what shape we may be on the other hand? For example, we must all have the same health insurance and be educated the same way and have the same type of retirement etc.

2. ......tend to dismiss the notion ...[text shortened]... hat if there is but one direction in order to "save" us all, what is needed is a dictator.
    Whodey on "collectivism" is like RJHinds on "Darwinism" and about as original. This is not debate, this is ceaseless ranting to no purpose. Any debate that offers some substance is either diverted into irrelevance or discarded for a new thread in which all earlier debate is conveniently forgotten and we are expected to do it all over again. Thread after thread on the recurring nightmare interspersed with soothing fantasy around the mythical past of America's eternally wise founding saints and the deluded camaraderie of the Mad Hatter's Tea Party. Pity the forums are squatted on by the same tedious twaddle.

IMO

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree