1. Joined
    27 Dec '06
    Moves
    03 Feb '13 18:52
    Originally posted by moon1969
    muskets
    That isn't how the Constitution is interpreted and you know it.
  2. Joined
    29 Mar '09
    Moves
    04 Feb '13 13:00
    So you wouldn't be bothered if the manufacture and sale of these "screwball" devices were banned.

By the way, I do not think the mentally-ill shooters are worried too much about cost of ammo when shredding the bodies of school of school children with .233 ammo.
    But you do think that they will care about gun laws don't you. You are a screwball !!!
  3. Houston, Texas
    Moves
    05 Feb '13 01:56
    Originally posted by joe beyser
    But you do think that they will care about gun laws don't you. You are a screwball !!!
    You miss the point or intentionally distort.

Banning the manufacture and sale of this device or assault rifiles makes those deadly weapons less available to all including the mentally ill. Get a clue.
  4. Joined
    29 Mar '09
    Moves
    05 Feb '13 02:27
    You miss the point or intentionally distort.

Banning the manufacture and sale of this device or assault rifiles makes those deadly weapons less available to all including the mentally ill. Get a clue.
    You goofy bastage, those hand crank devices would make an assailant less effective. You should stick to subject matter you know more about perhaps? Maybe stuff like the communist manifesto? How many crimes have been committed by people using these devices? So what is really the point?
  5. Houston, Texas
    Moves
    05 Feb '13 04:34
    You goofy bastage, those hand crank devices would make an assailant less effective. You should stick to subject matter you know more about perhaps? Maybe stuff like the communist manifesto? How many crimes have been committed by people using these devices? So what is really the point?
    Again, you miss the point you stupid worthless piece of shet. What is the harm in banning the manufacture and sale rapid-fire gun triggers. What good do they offer society. Why are you defending them. You have to be one of the most stupid commenters i have seen here in a while.
  6. Subscriberkmax87
    Blade Runner
    Republicants
    Moves
    05 Feb '13 08:314 edits
    Originally posted by normbenign
    ......The argument is often put forward that we have a massive military and no longer need the militia. In 1775 we had the most powerful army in the world, the British so nothing is different. But the naysayers argue that a militia could never defeat the regular army today. That was also true in 1775. ..
    If you seriously want to establish as fact that because the revolutionary army did battle with the British Empire and won, therefore don't dismiss today's patriot as having a chance, I think a reality check is in order.

Firstly, the government of the good ole US of A is not some distant Empire located on some distant shore. It lives where you live and should you try and overthrow it from within due to some perceived sense of tyranny, you'll be hard pressed to find a critical mass of people within the country who will follow. There will always be enough Americans relaxed and comfortable enough with the way things are for that revolutionary fervor to get old very quickly.

Secondly, if you think the relative difference between the armed strength of the minutemen and the British are around the same as between disgruntled wacko gun nutz and the combined defence forces of the USA, then you Sir have been watching way too many Bruce Willis movies and your apparent strategy of stirring inspirational music matched with soaring plattitudes about the right's of freedom is not only gonna get your butt kicked its also going to get a whole lot of good people killed.

But hey happiness is a warm gun...
  7. Subscriberkmax87
    Blade Runner
    Republicants
    Moves
    05 Feb '13 12:101 edit
    Originally posted by MoneyManMike
    .....Anyways, that is the gist of the current framework concerning the Second Amendment right to keep and bear Arms. Under the current framework, I am not sure whether gun control advocates can pass regulation that will effectively prevent guns from reaching the hands of crazy people who haven't been officially deemed to be mentally ill....
    Give anything 200 odd years to percolate and it seems almost inevitable that the spirit and intent of what was originally laid down is rendered almost unrecognisable in its current interpretation.
  8. Joined
    29 Mar '09
    Moves
    05 Feb '13 13:06
    Again, you miss the point you stupid worthless piece of shet. What is the harm in banning the manufacture and sale rapid-fire gun triggers. What good do they offer society. Why are you defending them. You have to be one of the most stupid commenters i have seen here in a while.
    Thank you, I resemble that remark. You knot head.
  9. Standard membersasquatch672
    Don't Like It Leave
    Walking the earth.
    Moves
    05 Feb '13 22:48
    Thank you, I resemble that remark. You knot head.
    Looks like he's off of me and on to you. For now.
  10. The Catbird's Seat
    Moves
    06 Feb '13 01:19
    Some people think they are fun, and don't mind wasting $50 in just a minute or two.
  11. The Catbird's Seat
    Moves
    06 Feb '13 01:30
    Originally posted by kmax87
    If you seriously want to establish as fact that because the revolutionary army did battle with the British Empire and won, therefore don't dismiss today's patriot as having a chance, I think a reality check is in order.

Firstly, the government of the good ole US of A is not some distant Empire located on some distant shore. It lives where you live and sho ...[text shortened]... s also going to get a whole lot of good people killed.

But hey happiness is a warm gun...
    Your arguments bear some weight, but still don't rule out the rationale for a militia. First, many retired military are, and have been in the Patriot movement. Further, the critical mass you refer to could very well come from within the US regular military, if particularly offensive orders are given.

That ignores the final possibility of an invasion of the United States by a foreign power, and the possible defeat or serious weakening of our regular military.

What you say about revolutionary fervor applied to the 1775 colonists as well. About a third wanted freedom from England, another third were loyalists, and the final third didn't care.

I have no delusions about the realities of a civil war or of war in general. It should be a last resort.
  12. Joined
    29 Mar '09
    Moves
    06 Feb '13 12:52
    Originally posted by sasquatch672
    Looks like he's off of me and on to you. For now.
    Well I think moon has to vent on someone on occasion. After all, him going out to watch fireworks of a fourth of July and then head home to light some candles in his basement around the shrine he made for Carl Marx has to create a hellova conflict emotionally for him.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree